Any housewife will say that beetroot refers to those vegetables, which require cooking for a very long time. Depending on the size of the root, it is necessary to keep track of the saucepan on the gas or electric stove from forty minutes to several hours. The process of roasting beets in the oven is also long.
At the same time, it is very useful to regularly include dishes from this vegetable in the menu. After all, it contains various vitamins and trace elements and fiber that is necessary for the intestinal function. In addition, it is an inexpensive food product that saves the family budget..
At the same time, vitamins will be preserved much better than during cooking, when their main part is destroyed or transferred into water. In the microwave, the food is heated from the inside due to the oscillation of the water molecules in their composition, thus prepared beets are juicier and tastier..
How to cook beets in the microwave
Even if the beets are not baked in the microwave, but cook using water, the process takes several times less time than on the stove. Half a cup of water and a microwave oven with a lid are required to boil a medium-sized root vegetable..
- First you need to wash the vegetable thoroughly, you can even walk with a brush, do not need to be cleaned;
- Place the root vegetable in a glass saucepan, pour water, close the lid, put it inside the device;
- Cook 7 minutes at full power. Then turn and cook another 7 minutes. Immediately after cooking, do not remove the container, let stand in the microwave for 10 minutes..
Cooking method in the package
In the microwave, beets can be cooked even without using water. This will require a baking sleeve or a regular plastic bag..
- Vegetable also needs to be properly washed, after wiping with a paper towel;
- Using knitting needles or a toothpick to pierce the peel, make at least 20-30 nakolov. Put the beets in a bag or a roasting sleeve, this should be done to protect them from beet splashes, after cooking you will not need to launder anything;
- Place the bag in a bowl and put it in the oven chamber. Just 10 minutes at full power – and the beets are ready.
To make the vegetable easier to clean later, you need to put it in cold water for a while..
The way of cooking beets for salad
It is not necessary to cook or bake the whole vegetable in the microwave. If the beets are pre-cut, after baking, the prepared semi-finished product is prepared for making salads or cold appetizers..
The unusual bright taste of the vegetable gives roasting in marinade, which will require a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and any spices..
- Vegetable wash, peel, cut into strips;
- Mix beetroot and marinade from vinegar and spices in a glass dish;
- Cover and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
The beetroot prepared in this way can be used as a vegetable garnish, and if you fill with sour cream or mayonnaise, you get a salad.
Recipes for beetroot dishes in the microwave
This quick cooking method saves time and allows you to more often include beet dishes in the diet. Ready beets are stored in the refrigerator for several days, without losing taste. It can be used for cooking traditional salads, as well as hot dishes and even desserts..
|small beets –||2 pcs.|
|feta cheese –||100 g|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|grated hard cheese –||for sprinkling|
|salt, spices –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 95 Kcal|
Beets clean, cut into thin circles. Put in a glass form, lightly salt. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes;
Take out the form, put the diced feta cheese on the beetroot layer, sprinkle with parsley;
Separately, beat the eggs with salt and spices, pour into the form above;
First, bake in the microwave under the lid for 5-7 minutes depending on the capacity. Then remove the lid, sprinkle liberally with cheese and cook in grill mode until golden brown.
Beet curd dessert in the microwave
For 2 servings of dessert you will need:
- 2 medium-sized beets, pre-cooked whole in the microwave;
- Apple sour varieties – 1 pc .;
- Teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- Curd curd mass – 1 pack;
- Ground crackers – 2 tablespoons;
- Sour cream – 2 tablespoons.
- Make beetroot cups – peel the roots, cut the core;
- Apples finely chopped, mixed with curd mass and breadcrumbs;
- Stuff the cups with the sweetmeat. Bake in a special container with a lid or under a cap for 5-7 minutes;
- Serve, watering sour cream.
Therefore, beet dishes should definitely be eaten by pregnant women, people adhering to the principles of vegetarian food or fasting.
Naturally, we are talking about her regular use in food. In addition, it is low-calorie and rich in fiber, which contributes to the rapid saturation, it is a suitable product for those who want to lose weight.
A method of roasting beets in the microwave makes it not only healthy, but also quick to cook..