At all times, cottage cheese was considered one of the most beloved and revered products of the Slavic people..
Experts recommend taking it for almost any ailments, since its useful properties are endless.
This dairy product is part of the menu of many dietary medical tables, and how many different dishes can be prepared with its main participation.
All about tasty and healthy
Even a child knows that cottage cheese is not only very tasty, but also very useful..
It is especially recommended for people who have problems with the digestive tract, liver, kidneys, organs of the cardiovascular system, as well as with joint diseases, in particular osteoporosis..
Cottage cheese has everything you need – it is protein, minerals, lactose, enzymes, fat and vitamins..
The total number of the latter reaches 12-15% of the total weight – C, D, A, vitamins of group B.
When the carbohydrate content is low (about 3%), this product has a huge amount of iron, calcium and phosphorus..
Let’s say to cook 20 grams of cottage cheese you need 50 grams of milk..
Hence we find that the nutritional value of the first one is almost two and a half times higher than the second product..
It can be consumed without any special restrictions on age and health..
- It is recommended for pregnant women to prevent the lack of calcium in the body, which can threaten the deterioration of nails, hair and teeth;
- This fermented milk product helps children to develop fully physically and mentally. But it is necessary to take into account the caloric content of this product – no more than 18% fat;
- Elderly people are recommended to use moderate-calorie cottage cheese to compensate for calcium deficiency;
- It also helps stabilize hemoglobin levels and is actively involved in building new cells..
What causes calorie curd?
The calorie level of each product is desirable to know at least approximately, in order not to harm your health and keep yourself in shape.
In particular, the number of calories in this product can be calculated based on the fat content of this product..
Here there is a direct relationship – the greater the fat content, the higher its calorie content..
Cottage cheese is divided into three main types:
- the usual fat content of 12% has about 169 kcal;
- bold 5% – 142 kcal;
- nonfat cottage cheese variety 0.6% – 110 kcal.
Thus, the caloric content of the finished product is due to the method of its preparation.
If fat and bold cottage cheese implies the use of rennet enzymes, which increases the number of calories by several times, then low-fat cottage cheese is obtained in an acidic way as a result of lactic fermentation.
Fat-free cottage cheese: nutritional value, beneficial properties
This fermented milk product with a minimum fat content is one of the most popular products among people leading a healthy lifestyle and gourmets, since it contains all the same essential trace elements as in the fat, and it does not exceed the caloric value of 110 per 100 grams.
The caloric content of this fat-free product is due to its raw material production, as a rule, it is low-fat varieties of milk..
It is low calorie that allows you to add it and combine it with various diet food..
This feature allows you to enrich the human body with healthy micronutrients without excessive harm, without going beyond the daily intake of calories..
In cooking, this white mixture of dairy origin is also very much appreciated due to the utility and versatility of its use:
- soufflé and more.
So, low-fat cottage cheese has a fat content of 0-2%, where the caloric content varies between 55-110 kcal.
The calorie content of home-made low-fat cottage cheese, will be approximately 87 kcal per 100 grams, if you take into account such a curd as Good, then its caloric content will be 93 kcal per 100 grams.
In more detail:
- 0% fat – respectively 69-71 kcal per 100 grams;
- 1% fat content – 79-81 kcal per 100 grams;
- 2% fat content – not more than 105 kcal per 100 grams.
Low Fat Curd Cheesecakes
The childhood of any child can not be imagined without cheesecakes for breakfast.
But this does not mean that as adults we stop eating them.
Indeed, especially with age, it is necessary to replenish the loss of calcium, and in their cheesecakes not much less than in the product itself..
If we talk about the benefits or harms of this curd dessert, then first of all you need to take into account its caloric content.
Counting calories can be made based on several conditions:
- Firstly, it is a way to cook them. The traditional recipe involves roasting cheesecakes in a pan with sunflower oil – this is about 220-230 kcal per 100 grams of product. Baked in the oven, have a lower value of kilocalories, about 30-50 kcal less – this is 180-200 kcal per 100 grams;
- Secondly, it is the composition of the basis of cheesecakes. If they are only with the addition of low-fat cottage cheese, then the caloric content is no more than 200. If the dessert is prepared with various fillings, for example, with fruits or nuts, the caloric content of cheesecakes increases accordingly.
Fat-free cottage cheese with sour cream
Cottage cheese mix with sour cream is a very practical, tasty and healthy breakfast..
To count the calorie content of this nutritious dish, several points should be taken into account:
- Fat content of sour cream is taken into account in aggregate: 100-110 kcal per 100 grams – 10-15% fat content of sour cream, 350-380 kcal – 35% fat content;
- Recipe of cooking is taken into account, the best option is a combination of high-fat sour cream with low-fat cottage cheese and vice versa;
- Dessert fillers are considered – nuts, honey, sugar, jam or dried fruits..
Thus, the calorie content of low-fat cottage cheese varieties with sour cream is about no more than 250-270 kcal per hundred grams of a dish..
In this video, you will be told how useful this product is for our body. Enjoy watching!