Raisins are one of the most valuable dried fruits, because after drying the grapes, its useful properties are multiplied several times..
This product contains many vitamins, micro and macro elements, amino acids.
Therefore, people leading a healthy lifestyle, be sure to include raisins in your diet.
Origin and Variations
Raisins are dried grapes.
The first mention of this berry dates back to 2000 BC. and are found in the texts of ancient Egypt.
Approximately in X-IX centuries. BC. Phoenician merchants brought raisins to Europe.
There are two main ways of drying grapes:
- Oftobi – natural drying in the sun. Sometimes, to speed up the process, the berries are blanched in soda solution;
- Soangs – drying in the shade. This method takes more time, but is considered more careful..
There are several varieties of raisins, depending on the type of grapes used:
- Regular medium-sized raisins with one bone;
- Black pitted. It may have a very sweet or slightly sweet taste. This species is called bidana or shigani. In cooking, it is called cinnamon, has extremely useful properties;
- White seedless small size. It is made from light grape varieties and is called sabza or raisin, it also has beneficial properties, but to a lesser extent than dark raisins;
- Large fleshy raisins with two and sometimes three bones. It has a sweet taste and is made from ladies fingers grape varieties..
There is also a variety of Jumbo raisins, which is characterized by a golden color, it is also very fleshy and dense..
It also has useful properties, such as:
- An important antioxidant and source of beneficial vitamins;
- It improves sleep and the activity of the nervous system as a whole;
- Helps to overcome spring avitaminosis;
- Strengthens the immune system and the overall condition of the body;
- Activates brain activity;
- Helps our body normally absorb calcium;
- Useful for pregnant women – source K, Ca, Fe.
Composition and caloric content of dried grapes
It contains a large number of valuable substances..
So, it contains 79.5-87.5% sugar, 2-2.9% ash, 2.1-2.9% nitrogenous substances, 0.7-2.3% acids, 16-22% moisture, 1.3% fiber.
It should be borne in mind that the composition contains many beneficial carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fiber, some fats and organic acids..
There is a lot of vitamins in this product – А, В1, В2, В5, В6, РР, С.
In addition, raisins are rich in iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, boron, phosphorus.
The calorie content of dried grapes is quite high: 100 g of the product contains approximately 250-300 kcal..
Useful properties of this berry are known to people from ancient times..
That is why raisins managed to take a firm place in traditional medicine..
With this product you can strengthen the state of the nervous system, it is successfully used as a sedative.
This property is due to the presence in the raisins of nicotinic acid and B vitamins..
It effectively eliminates irritability, produces a sedative effect, improves sleep..
Raisins can be used to improve the work of the heart and blood vessels, because there is a lot of potassium in it.
In addition, this berry perfectly helps with hypertension..
To improve your condition, it is recommended to drink infusion of raisins in the morning and evening.
This should be done in courses for a month..
This product is also effective in lung diseases..
It can be used for coughing and bronchitis..
In addition, it is used in the common cold..
It is also useful for sore throats..
Especially effective decoctions of dried grapes, with the addition of onions.
Due to the content of boron in this berry, it is possible to suppress the development of osteoporosis in the elderly.
It is also very useful in diseases of the kidneys and bladder, because it has a pronounced diuretic effect..
In addition, it allows you to cope with digestive problems.
It is characterized by a mild choleretic effect, it has long been used to eliminate constipation..
The beneficial properties of this berry are that it helps to treat the lichen..
In addition, it has antioxidants.
It is able to inhibit the growth of bacteria in dental diseases, which has a positive effect on the gums and teeth..
The properties of this product are largely dependent on its grade..
So, light seedless raisins contain a lot of sugar, and therefore it is extremely useful for people with poor health..
With this product it is possible to strengthen the immune system..
It allows you to normalize the bowels and works as a mild laxative..
Dark seedless raisins are considered the most beneficial..
Due to its high iron content, it can be used for anemia..
In addition, it has a positive effect on the nervous system..
In addition to useful properties, raisins have certain contraindications to its use..
It is not recommended to eat if you have the following diseases:
- stomach ulcer;
- duodenal ulcer;
- the presence of excess weight;
- oral ulcers;
- active tuberculosis.
These berries should be thoroughly washed and soaked for fifteen minutes..
Do it better in warm water.
Raisin is a very useful product that contains many vitamins, organic acids, dietary fiber and other components important to the human body..
Therefore, it should be present in the diet of those people who care about their health..
However, along with this, it is important to take into account contraindications to the use of this berry – this will protect against negative health effects..
This video tells what a raisin is, how to choose it correctly and what useful properties it has..