This plant is an important part of many Persian dishes, from which spinach began to spread throughout the world..
To date, the use of spinach in food is very common in the United States and many European countries, but the domestic consumer is just beginning to get acquainted with this useful plant..
The nutritional value
As mentioned earlier, spinach is a very useful product, it is worth noting the strawberry variety, which is not only known for its beneficial properties, but also contains a large amount of vitamins and microelements that are so necessary for a person..
The calorie content of this plant is very small – only 22 kcal per 100g., While it contains a lot of protein (2.9 g), quite a bit of fat (0.4 g), and 3.6g. carbohydrate.
On average a bunch of this plant weighs about 50 grams.
In addition, spinach contains vitamins A and C, the amount of which does not change even after heat treatment.
In addition, there is a high content of such vitamins as E, H, K, PP, and group B.
He also rich in trace elements (selenium, manganese, potassium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, copper).
The level of beta-carotene is second only to carrots.
Spinach is useful primarily for the heart, as it stimulates the function of the cardiovascular system.
As mentioned earlier, this plant contains vitamins C and A, which are powerful antioxidants, reducing the concentration of free radicals, and also prevent the oxidation of cholesterol.
In addition, the B vitamins contained in this product have a positive effect on the work of the cardiovascular system as a whole..
Carotene in its composition nourishes arterial walls, protecting them from damage.
As for the gastrointestinal tract, its condition is rapidly improving under the influence of this plant..
Beta-carotene and vitamin C protect colon cells from the harmful activity of free radicals..
Because it contains dietary fiber, prevents constipation.
Also this valuable natural product has anti-inflammatory properties..
However, the healing properties of this plant appear brighter if the leaves are consumed fresh.
It is recommended to keep them no more than a day and only at low temperatures..
In the heat, under the negative influence of microorganisms, dangerous nitrous acids appear on its leaves..
They are undesirable because, as part of the blood, they create stable compounds of methemoglobin, which is harmful because it prevents the spread of oxygen in the body..
The use of plants in medicine
Spinach is very useful in various diagnoses..
It should be noted that this plant is very useful to those who suffer from anemia..
It is also recommended for use in rickets and anemia, scurvy and tuberculosis..
This product of natural origin should be used in the case of such ills as – hypertension, chronic constipation and hemorrhoids.
Also, this plant occupies an important place in the diet of people who suffer from diabetes.
Spinach is equally useful for healthy people, especially for the young body..
It increases the level of hemoglobin, helps to increase the number of red blood cells.
This plant provides invaluable support to the body, replenishing stocks of vitamins and minerals, which significantly increases the body’s resistance to infections.
It is also recommended for dysfunctions of the nervous system, fatigue, impaired growth processes in childhood..
It is a mild laxative, slows the aging process at the cellular level..
It stops the processes of retinal detachment, improves the condition of the pancreas.
It is recommended for people with poor health and metabolic disorders due to unhealthy lifestyle, as it is easily absorbed..
Application in cosmetology
Useful features of this plant are effectively used in cosmetology and perfumery..
It is used in the manufacture of various lotions for the skin of the face or body..
In cosmetology, it is often used as the main substance, because it rejuvenates the skin, making it elastic.
This property is especially noticeable when regular use of facial masks, which include this plant.
Due to the content in it of antioxidants and vitamin A, the skin sheds dead cells, gaining new youth.
Spinach Rejuvenating Mask:
50-80 gr. cook spinach in milk using an enameled saucepan over low heat until the consistency of gruel.
Put the resulting composition on a layer of gauze, then on the skin of the face, neck and décolleté.
Hold the mask for 15 minutes using warm water or chamomile tea and apply a nourishing cream..
Nutritional Mask Recipe:
100 grams of spinach thoroughly wash, pour 0.5 cups of boiling water, bringing to the soft.
Then cool, add 1 tsp. carrot juice and 1 tsp. honey.
You can also add 0.5 tsp. olive oil.
All mix and put between the layers of gauze, then apply on the face, neck and decollete.
It is better to wash off the mask with slightly warm green tea, then after 5 minutes rinse the skin with cool water and apply a moisturizer.
Application for weight loss
Spinach – the perfect product in the diet.
It has very few calories, but there are substances necessary for health, which is why it is so common in most diets..
Menu for a diet of spinach
- breakfast – 100 gr. low-fat cottage cheese (2%), baked apples with powdered cinnamon;
- lunch – 150 gr. baked or boiled potatoes (with the addition of carrots, spinach);
- Snack – 200 gr. fruit salad (you can use low-fat yogurt as a dressing);
- dinner – 150 grams of steamed or boiled veal, a side dish of stewed carrots, onions and spinach.
- breakfast – 200 gr. salad dressing (green spinach, boiled chicken eggs, dill, lemon juice, a small amount of olive oil)
- lunch – 150 gr. corn porridge with chopped dill;
- Snack – 150 gr. boiled skinless chicken with dill and spinach greens;
- dinner – 200 gr. natural yogurt without additives 4% fat, big apple.
- breakfast – 150 gr. raw grated carrot salad with a spoonful of corn oil and lemon juice;
- lunch – 150 gr. vegetarian pilaf (cook from unpolished rice, adding finely chopped spinach leaves);
- Snack – 200 gr. soup puree;
- dinner – boiled seafood (a portion of sea fish of low-fat varieties) with vegetables and spinach.
When repeating the course, start again from the first day menu..
Harm and contraindications
In addition to useful properties, there are a number of contraindications to the use of spinach:
- kidney stones (due to the high concentration of oxalic acid, spinach can cause stone formation);
- gout (due to the purine that make up spinach);
- injuries, diseases of the liver, gallbladder and duodenum.
Allergy to this plant, which manifests itself within a few hours after eating is not excluded..
Spinach actively absorbs all pesticides that are processed when grown..
It can adversely affect the functioning of the thyroid gland, however, heat treatment can reduce the concentration of goitogenic substances..
Spinach is a spicy plant that has a sour taste and a foul odor..
It is also appreciated mainly by the high content of proteins in green leaves, the content of which among vegetables occupies the third place.
Dishes from it are extremely useful..
There are so many delicious spinach dishes that are usually very easy to prepare..
Most often you can find two dishes of spinach and countless variations of them – this is soup and pie.
Here are the easiest recipes of these dishes:
- 0.5 kg of spinach to boil and grind in a blender, or use ready-made mashed potatoes;
- Boil beef broth, removing the meat, cut it into pieces;
- In the broth to throw the potatoes, it requires 0, 5 kg;
- Cooked potatoes in mashed potatoes right in the soup;
- Add the spinach puree to the soup when it boils, boil for about 2 minutes;
- For the soup you need to prepare a dressing: 1 tbsp. sour cream add lemon juice, 1 tsp. sweet paprika and a little black pepper.
- 500 g mashed spinach;
- 400 g grated cheese and 2 eggs mix well;
- Roll out a layer of yeast dough, lay on a baking sheet;
- Put the stuffing on it and put the second sheet of dough on top;
- Bake for half an hour at 180º.
Spinach has very beneficial properties for both women and men..
Diets on it contribute to the removal of harmful substances from the body, and cosmetics based on it rejuvenates the skin.
You should not forget about the possible negative impact of plant components on the body and, before using it, carefully read the testimony.
In this video, you will get acquainted with all the useful properties, as well as show a few recipes with spinach.