There are foods that can affect cholesterol levels in the blood. This is mainly plant food, vegetables, fruits and fatty fish..
Using the basic principles of diet with high cholesterol, you can directly affect the state of the vessels and safely clean them from its stagnation.
With a healthy person, with proper nutrition and an active lifestyle, cholesterol is at a normal level. Sometimes there are failures, depending on the state of metabolic processes, cholesterol in the blood rises or falls..
Both of these conditions cause significant damage to health. To avoid cardiovascular diseases and return cholesterol back to normal, it is necessary to develop a special menu for each day..
What is cholesterol and what is its role in the body
Cholesterol is an essential component for human health and takes part in various functions and reactions of the body. Without it, metabolic processes will not function normally, in small quantities it is contained in the nerve fibers, the brain and in the cell membranes.
Hormones are produced from its cells (for example, testosterone in men), and if the cholesterol level is insufficient, a noticeable hormone failure can occur..
It is similar to wax, a substance that comes from food and is also produced inside the body. Not more than 20% of cholesterol enters the body with food, the main amount is produced by liver cells.
Causes of increased cholesterol in men and women:
- Hormonal failure leads to a jump in cholesterol levels;
- Regular malnutrition;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Smoking, large and frequent doses of alcohol;
- Age after 40 years.
If fried and fatty foods predominate over plant foods, the risk of increasing cholesterol levels increases..
Obesity is in most cases combined with this pathology, especially if the patient is older than 40. The metabolic rate also affects the development of cholesterol stagnation..
In medicine, blood cholesterol is usually measured in mmol / l, and the norm depends on age and sex. The best indicator is below 2.59, and the high begins with the designation 4,14-4,90.
Depending on the effects of cholesterol on the body, it is divided into “bad” and “good”.
High-density lipoproteins send fat cells for processing to the liver, not allowing them to be deposited inside the vessels, therefore it refers to good cholesterol.
In men, the lower threshold of the norm is 1.036 mmol / l, and the highest is 6 ,. for women – from 1.29 mmol / l to 5.5.
Why you need to monitor the level of this substance
If cholesterol is present in the body in an excess form, it is not excreted naturally, but begins to be deposited on the walls of large and small vessels. This creates clots of fat, sticky and soft structure.
Such stagnation can not be removed independently, and accumulating, gradually closing a lumen of veins and arteries. This leads to the risk of atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, myocardial infarction and stroke..
In medical practice, there are cases when the limb ceases to be, as it should be enriched with blood, atrophy and it has to be amputated.
The sooner you take a blood test and detect elevated cholesterol, the more likely you are to avoid a negative prognosis..
The main thing – to change the usual diet to a special diet with high cholesterol and exercise.
The ideal diet for cleansing blood from cholesterol
Proved that food consumed regularly, directly affects the level of cholesterol in the blood. Thanks to it, it is possible to reduce cholesterol by 10-15% without the help of tablets..
It is necessary to include healthy food in the daily ration so that it affects the level of cholesterol at all levels: it reduces the absorption into the blood, reduces its production by the body and accelerates its elimination.
The menu should contain food with coarse fibers to effectively cleanse the small intestine of excess fat..
Coarse fibers have their own principle of action: they are not absorbed and not digested by the body, but swell in the intestines, then envelop harmful substances and excrete them with feces..
At the same time, peristalsis improves in the abdominal cavity, and the time of contact of cholesterol with small intestinal machines decreases.
The three most useful diet products with high cholesterol to reduce it:
- Broccoli – A product in which there is a rough dietary fiber and a large amount of fiber. This useful product prevents the absorption of cholesterol into the blood. To maximize the health effect, you need to eat at least 400 grams of broccoli a day;
- Oyster mushrooms – contain a natural statin (in medicine there is a medicine with the same chemical formula). This substance can reduce the synthesis of cholesterol in the body, eliminate the already formed cholesterol plaques and prevent their potential growth. Daily portion of mushrooms – at least 9 grams;
- Herring – This product is rich in Omega3 fatty acids. If such substances are regularly supplied with food, the blood vessels are cleared of cholesterol and become healthy again. Enough to eat 100 grams of this product per day to the body received the necessary amount of fatty acids.
These three products are best to replace medicines, so that the body receives treatment as naturally as possible and without chemistry..
Products not recommended:
- Sausages in dough, sausage, hamburgers, chips, crackers;
- Food, deep fried in a pan;
- Consumption of coffee and tea is desirable to minimize;
- Lard, butter, cream, sour cream, mayonnaise;
- Sugar consumption is limited, as are pastries, sweets and ice cream;
- Fat, smoked meat, shish kebab, balyk, bacon;
- Eggs (except squirrel);
List of approved products:
- Lentils, soybeans, beans, beans, fresh peas;
- Squash, eggplant, okra, vegetables with green leaves;
- Barley, unpeeled, brown rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, wheat porridge;
- Butter substitute margarine;
- Low fat milk is not higher than 1%;
- Fresh garlic;
- Baking with bran;
- Pineapples, apples, carrots, grapefruits;
- Every day, it is advisable to drink a cup of green tea;
- Vegetable oil is mandatory to use;
- Oily fish has a positive effect on the elimination of cholesterol from the body..
Ideally, after detecting cholesterol plaques in blood vessels, it is best to completely abandon meat and fatty dairy products..
If you remember, vegetarians practically do not suffer from angina, atherosclerosis and heart disease, and all because they eat only healthy, vegetable food.
At first, it will be difficult to break the desire to eat meat, but after a few months the body is cleansed and gets used to the new diet..
By compiling a daily menu, the tastes of a particular person are taken into account. From the list of allowed products you can cook any dishes, experiment and try something new..
The main thing when buying a new product is to specify the percentage of its fat content so that it is not prohibited..
Sample diet for 1 day:
- Breakfast: oatmeal with unsweetened dried fruit or lentils, a cup of green tea;
- Safe,: 1 grapefruit;
- Lunch: soup with beans, a glass of skim milk, a slice of bran cake;
- Dinner: baked potatoes with herring, vegetable salad, a cup of green tea.
For lunch you can cook different soups, vegetables, fish, with the addition of rice and buckwheat.
Dinner will be more varied if you bake fish with vegetables in the oven, try cooking eggplant dishes, with the addition of fresh greens.
It will be very useful to cook lean borscht, casserole, feather porridge, fruit salad with pineapples. Garlic and oils contained in it can be added to ready meals, it has a beneficial effect on the walls of small vessels..
Some useful recipes
Broccoli and Apple Salad
Broccoli salad with apples has several advantages. Firstly, it is useful, you can take it with you on a picnic or eat it for breakfast, and secondly it contains 2 ingredients that are useful for vessels..
To prepare a salad, you will need 1 head of fresh broccoli, 1 sweet apple, 2 pits of pine nuts and 100 grams of dried cranberries. For refueling you will need:
- 4 tbsp. spoons of mayonnaise;
- ¼ pcs red shallot;
- 6 tbsp. spoons of Greek yogurt;
- Salt, pepper to taste;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of apple cider vinegar.
Algorithm of preparation:
- First, prepare the dressing, chop onions and mix with mayonnaise, pepper, salt and vinegar;
- Broccoli peeled, added to the salad;
- Apple diced, mixed with cranberries and nuts;
- All ingredients are mixed with dressing;
- Dish can be served at the table.
Salad with broccoli and apples is especially good to eat in the summer, when the appetite is weak, but the body needs vitamins..
Recipe for homemade tincture for cleaning vessels “Lemon with garlic”
It is necessary to skip the lemon and garlic through a meat grinder in the ratio of 3 lemons to 100 grams of garlic. The resulting mass is placed in a three-liter jar, filled to the top with warm boiled water and tightly closed with a lid..
For 3 days, the jar is placed in a place protected from sunlight so that the drug for cholesterol plaques is infused. Periodically, the contents of the jar must be mixed.
This liquid is filtered through a large sieve, separating from it an unnecessary solid suspension. The resulting tincture should be stored in the refrigerator and take a maximum of 100 grams 3 times a day for 40 days.
For a softer effect, it is enough to take 1-2 tablespoons 2-3 times a day..
Before use, you should consult a doctor and clarify about individual intolerance and possible contraindications..
After a full course of treatment, the vessels will be cleared of excess fat accumulated on the walls, blood pressure will return to normal, and headaches will no longer be disturbed..
General rules of diet
The duration of the diet with high cholesterol depends on the degree of contamination of the body. If plaque has already formed in the vessels, it is better not to change the diet in 4-6 months..
People who are prone to a rapid increase in cholesterol levels need to maintain proper nutrition throughout their lives..
This also applies to the elderly, who have reduced the tone of large and small vessels, and the accumulation of cholesterol has an extremely negative effect on the cardiovascular system..
For women and men, diet rules are the same, the difference is only in the size of servings of each dish..
If a person is sincerely seeking to live longer, to be in good health and excellent mood, he should closely monitor the level of cholesterol in the blood..
First of all, it is necessary to control portions of food and eat more products of plant origin. If you add to this list of sports and the rejection of bad habits, the result will be the most positive.
When I was 45 years old, I began to feel severe shortness of breath, heaviness and pain in my heart. Turning to a cardiologist, I learned that the cause of my poor health is high cholesterol. I had to follow the recommendations of the doctor and go on a special, “not fat” diet. Surprisingly, after 2-3 weeks my health improved, I felt that I could breathe again, not afraid to feel a pressing pain in my chest. I plan to continue the diet as long as possible.
Maria Nekrasova, 46 years old
Two years ago I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis of the lower extremities. At 52, I moved with great difficulty, my legs quickly went numb, and from time to time there was severe pain. She found an interesting article about the healing properties of broccoli and omega3 fatty acids. For some reason, I immediately got the idea that I should try. The effect was not instantaneous, but amazing: after a while, the analysis for cholesterol showed normal, the pain in my legs gradually subsided, and after 3 months I was able to walk on my own.
Olga Fedorova, 52 years old
- 1 What is cholesterol and what is its role in the body
- 2 Rate indicators
- 3 Why you need to monitor the level of this substance
- 4 The ideal diet for cleansing blood from cholesterol
- 5 Sample menu for high cholesterol
- 6 Some useful recipes
- 7 General rules of diet
- 8 Reviews