Rice is one of the oldest cultures in the world. There are about 150 species, as well as more than 8 thousand. Artificially bred varieties. It has a large number of useful properties, has a unique taste, is popular almost all over the world.!
Varieties of varieties
In the world there is a large number of producers of red rice, which cultivate a wide variety of varieties. Depending on the place of cultivation allocate:
- Thai red rice. At home, it is called “cargo.” Burgundy in color with a spicy nutty flavor, due to its long grain, resembles jasmine in shape. The cooking process of such rice should be carried out according to a special scheme for the conservation of beneficial substances..
- Red rice with short grain. It is grown in the south of France, has a delicate and unsurpassed taste. When cooking, exposes the white core, which contains valuable trace elements and minerals.
- Himalayan Red Rice. The main production is carried out in the kingdom of Bhutan. Long grains of a light pink shade, sharp and saturated taste prevails in a ready look.
- Californian ruby. Growing up is done in sunny California. Unpolished short grains of bright burgundy color. It has a piquant and unusual taste. The recipe for cooking rice is quite exotic and suitable for gourmet gourmets..
- Yeast Red Rice. The production scheme consists in combining rice with the yeast Monascus purpureus. It is in great demand in the pharmaceutical field. The content of a statin – plant matter allows you to control the level of cholesterol in the human body.
It is worth noting that red rice has a number of unique properties. The spicy taste of rice gives some piquancy to the dishes, and the carbohydrate content is fast. It is perfect as a side dish for meat or fish. The combination with vegetables, mushrooms, milk is no different from ordinary rice..
The benefits of red rice
If we talk about the valuable properties of red rice, then there are a lot of them and this information should be considered in more detail. Main useful properties:
- B vitamins. They significantly restore the skin, hair, nails, replenish the body;
- large amount of minerals. Red rice contains many valuable trace elements that are beneficial to the human body;
- magnesium content. Allows to reduce the likelihood of heart disease, a positive effect on the bone and nervous system;
- presence of potassium. This element has the ability to quickly remove salts from the body, which is very important for diseases of the joints;
- predominance of calcium a positive effect on the strengthening of bone tissue, contributes to the elasticity and tenderness of the skin;
- iron content will help to quickly restore the level of hemoglobin in anemia, as well as other blood diseases;
- antioxidants. Rice is a source of natural antioxidants, quickly removes toxins and slags from the body. It can be used for the prevention of cancer;
- lack of gluten. Since this element does not always represent a benefit for the organism, its absence makes it possible to consume rice at the expense of a small number of carbohydrates;
- cellulose. Rice contains a decent amount of fiber, which favorably affects the intestinal function and gives a feeling of fullness;
- essential amino acids. The presence of some essential amino acids can partially compensate for meat dishes;
- low glycemic index allows you to use red rice for people with high blood sugar.
Red rice does not have any serious negative qualities, it is suitable for use by a large group of people. But there are still some minor flaws:
- relatively high calorie. Still, red rice for the most part consists of carbohydrates, so excessive consumption can be harmful;
- careful use in diabetes. There are no contraindications for eating rice with this disease, but even here you need to know the measure. To avoid a sharp rise in blood sugar;
- use of the extract. From rice, when combined with yeast, a so-called medicinal extract is obtained. It has a number of medicinal properties, but has a number of contraindications. Its use should be controlled according to the instructions..
Calorie cereals and weight loss method
Calorie red rice is 300-340 kcal per 100 grams of dry product. Unlike ordinary rice, this caloric content is much lower, so rice can be used for weight loss. It is worth considering its nutritional value in more detail:
|Items||Content (100 grams)|
Based on these figures, we can say that red rice is an excellent option for losing weight. It is moderately nutritious and contains the right amount of proteins, minerals and trace elements to balance the metabolism. At the same time, it will quickly remove unnecessary salts and toxins from the body..
Red rice can be used as a product for a fasting day or as a diet for 7 days. It is enough to boil the rice without adding spices and eat throughout the day. You can drink purified water without gas, unsweetened green tea.
The advantage of this diet is that rice provides a certain charge of energy and the right amount of essential substances for the body. Before starting a diet, you should still consult a gynecologist, since each human body is an individual!
How to choose and cook cereal
When choosing red rice, you should follow certain tips for purchasing a high-quality product. Here are some helpful tips:
- Careful examination of the packaging. As a rule, rice should be sold in an open package in order to check its quality visually. You should not buy a product with impurities and splinters, as when cooking it will affect the taste of the finished rice.
- Product selection in appearance. The quality of rice is divided into grades: 1, 2, 3, the highest and extra. Accordingly, in lower grades, there may be impurities or a slight scrap of product. Top grade must be selected rice..
- Check the manufacturer’s country. If the name on the package is “Thai rice”, then this does not mean that it is made in Thailand. Therefore, when choosing a must take into account the place of manufacture of the product. This information can be obtained by examining the packaging..
- Organoleptic characteristics. It is best to choose rice according to external signs, since the inscription on the package does not always correspond to reality. Red rice of high quality should be relatively free of impurities, have a pronounced color corresponding to the variety and not have unpleasant odors..
How to cook cereal? For the preparation of red rice there is a consistent technology and to get a delicious finished product you should stick to it! Cook grits in the ratio of 1: 2.5 water. Before cooking the rice should be soaked in cold water, remove all impurities. Then put the cereal in a saucepan and add water. Put on a small fire, salt, add spices and cook for 25-30 minutes.
It should be remembered that the rice has not been subjected to any kind of heat treatment, so the cooking time is slightly longer than that of regular cereals. When the water in the pan has completely evaporated and the grains become soft and crumbly, the product is ready for use.!
Red rice recipes
On the Internet, you can find a large number of recipes from red rice, as it is perfect as a side dish, as an addition to vegetables, and even used in cooking desserts..
|red rice –||250 grams|
|chicken meat –||300 grams|
|seasoning for pilaf –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 550 Kcal|
Pre-fry the onions with carrots and meat in a pre-heated pan.
Then add seasoning and keep on fire for a few more minutes..
Rice to sort, rinse under running water, and then add to the contents in the pan.
Pour all the resulting mass with 2 cups of water. Cook pilaf on low heat for an hour. It turns out simple and very healthy dish. Enjoy your meal!
Red rice mexican
- olive oil – 60 grams;
- bacon – 100 grams;
- onion – 1 piece;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- red rice – 400 grams;
- tomatoes – 500 grams;
- tomato paste – 30 grams;
- canned corn – 300 grams;
- bay leaf – 10 grams;
- paprika – 25 grams;
- greens to taste;
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
Calories: 450 kcal per 100 grams of the finished dish.
Fry finely chopped onion with bacon in olive oil, add garlic in two minutes. Fill up with prepared rice, corn, tomatoes, tomato paste, spices. Then pour 3.5 cups of water, throw a bay leaf, paprika.
Bring the resulting mass to a boil, and then simmer over low heat for about 1 hour. When the rice comes to readiness add salt to taste and give a little dish to stir. Then season with greens and serve with lemon slices. Enjoy your meal!
Red rice in pineapple syrup in a slow cooker
- canned pineapple with syrup – 850 grams;
- strawberries – 200 grams;
- walnuts – 50 grams;
- sugar – 80 grams;
- red rice – 250 grams.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Caloric content: 350 kcal per 100 grams of the finished dish.
Wash red rice thoroughly and soak in water for two hours. Put the groats on the bottom of the multicooker, pour pineapple syrup. Select brown rice mode for 30 minutes in a slow cooker. Next, do toasting walnuts, and then boil the strawberries with sugar. It should make light strawberry jam..
Ready rice mix with pineapple slices. Put the resulting mass on a dish, sprinkle with nuts and strawberry jam. It turns out delicious and unusual dessert. Enjoy your meal!
Use in traditional medicine
The use of red rice in traditional medicine is quite diverse. It has good fixative properties, it can be used to restore the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Red rice flour can be used to treat bruises and sprains..
Rice decoction is very effective in removing freckles from the face. The treatment of the genitourinary system is beneficially affected by the use of red rice. A mixture of rice, onion, mint helps in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system. Boiled grains in water without salt are excellent for treating gastritis, anemia, mastitis.
At the end of the article, we should summarize and say that red rice is a useful cereal in almost all respects and is used in many industries. The quality and unusual taste of red rice has been known since the days of ancient China.!