Mother’s milk is ideal, the most balanced and adapted to the individual needs of food for the child..
At the same time, the composition of children’s food directly depends on the menu of his mother and, in order for both of them to be healthy and happy, she needs a balanced and rational approach to her own diet..
The basic principles of the diet nursing mothers
In fact, the issue of the maternal menu during breastfeeding includes 3 aspects:
- health and well-being of the baby;
- psychological comfort of the mother.
No matter how strange it may seem to some, the key is the comfort of the mother..
Stress, sleep deprivation and depression affect the decrease in its production..
Since food is one of the basic pleasures of the few available to young mothers, she should pay great attention, especially considering that at first the list of restrictions on the menu is really great..
The only solution is a compromise..
Knowing that food in general is organized properly, a mother should know that occasionally, if she really wants to, she can afford an undesirable product without feeling like a criminal.
5 main principles of nutrition nursing mothers:
- Security. It is necessary to completely exclude alcohol and those products that can cause fermentation in the stomach and contain harmful additives (flavor enhancers, preservatives, dyes, etc.). Potentially dangerous products for the occurrence of an allergic reaction should be tried in small doses and monitor the reaction of the baby. In the event that there is no reaction, this product is not an individual allergen and may well be included in this particular menu..
- Quality. Only healthy, fresh and healthy food is allowed. Should be excluded: semi-finished products, fast food, smoked meats, ready-made sauces, canned food and soda.
- Diversity. The menu of a nursing woman should contain all the necessary product groups – meat and fish, vegetables, berries and fruits, dairy and dairy products, cereals, eggs, bakery products, vegetable oil, suitable sweets..
- Mode. It is recommended to eat only fractionally, with it in small portions 5-6 times a day. The optimal time – half an hour before feeding the baby.
- Individuality. Gradually, gradually trying new products, the mother will determine that they are suitable for her baby and comfortable for her. There are children who are not given the slightest discomfort of mum eaten by cabbage salad with cucumber, and at the same time pouring them into a harmless zucchini.
The topic of feeding a nursing woman is also discussed in the video story:
Products that contribute to the normalization of lactation
To increase lactation, a woman should, above all, establish a drinking regimen..
An abundant warm drink (tea, broth, juice), drunk half an hour before feeding, according to most mothers, is the most effective stimulant of lactation.
However, some products are considered to contribute to an increase in milk production..
- raw almond, walnuts and pine nuts (they should be used in small quantities, they can cause constipation and increased gas formation in the child);
- fermented milk products (Adyghe cheese, cheese);
- oat flakes;
- lettuce leaves.
Prohibited foods for nursing women
They can be divided into several groups:
- Allergens: red fruits, citrus fruits, honey, smoked products, chocolate. They are potentially undesirable, so you can try them carefully and see if the child reacts to them..
- Products that promote flatulence – white cabbage, melons, cucumbers, radishes, legumes. They are gradually introduced after three months of age..
- Products that change the taste of milk – asparagus, garlic and onions. Baby can refuse milk.
- Constipation Products – Rice.
About products and their choice for a woman who is breastfeeding, will be discussed in the next video story:
This factor is extremely important not only for normal lactation, but also for the health of the woman herself..
On the day, Mom should drink from one and a half to two liters of liquid..
It can be: water, broth, tea, kefir, compote or juice.
If problems with lactation are already present, then breastfeeding counselors are also advised to drink a glass of warm drink while nursing (both day and night).
The most useful drinks for lactation are:
- Dried fruits compote. His recipe is extremely simple – you need to fill in the washed dried fruit with water 60-80 degrees, and steam in a thermos for several hours.
- Herbal teas. Despite the abundance of specialty drinks with fennel in pharmacies, almost all herbal teas are suitable..
Next, we will describe in detail all the nuances of the nursing mother’s menu by months..
The first month is the most strict in the mom’s diet..
This is due to the fact that the baby’s digestive and enzymatic systems are not yet familiar with any nutrients other than sterile amniotic fluid..
It is the mother who should help him easier to transfer the adaptation period to new conditions..
According to many pediatricians, in the first month young mom should be on a strict diet, introducing products by day in a certain way..
They insist that such an approach will save colic and food allergies and help the baby’s digestive system to start up..
Meals in the first days after birth
The first 3 days the basis of the food should be boiled vegetables (it is better to cook them for a couple) and cereals (buckwheat, wheat).
You can pamper yourself with a baked apple and wholegrain bread in reasonable quantities..
Adding fresh herbs to your diet will help reduce gas formation..
Bran can also help improve intestinal motility, they can be added to porridge or vegetarian soup..
On the fourth day, you can begin to introduce new products..
They are introduced one per day in small proportions, carefully tracking the reaction of the baby..
So, from the fourth day you can try:
- low-fat dairy products – kefir, yogurt, yogurt;
- cottage cheese;
- hard cheese;
- raw seeds.
Starting from the second week, you can enter meat and fish in the menu..
- weak beef broth (cook without bones);
- beef (boiled or steamed);
- low-fat steamed fish.
By the third week after birth, you can try raw fruits and vegetables with the exception of cabbage, tomatoes and cucumbers..
The fourth week is marked by the formation of the newborn intestinal microflora and the beginning of the enzymatic system.
Mom can add to the menu:
- potatoes baked “in uniforms”;
- boiled yolks;
- galetny cookies;
- berry fruit drinks.
- Porridges – millet, buckwheat and oatmeal.
- Boiled, steamed or stewed lean meat. Rabbit meat and veal are perfect.
- Dairy products. Curd preferred – 3 times a week.
- Fish (cod, hake, pike perch) – 2 times a week.
- Dried fruit compotes.
- Eggs – 3 pieces per week.
- Rye bread and wholemeal products.
- Pasta made from durum wheat.
- Vegetable oils – 2 tbsp. spoons a day.
- Butter – 30 grams per day.
- Fresh and boiled vegetables (beets, zucchini, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots) – 450 grams per day.
- Almond – occasionally in a small handful.
- Natural marshmallows and marshmallows – gradually up to 2 times a week.
Also, it should be remembered that there should be only those vegetables and fruits that grow in the region.
Exotic delicacies yet – taboo!
Many breastfeeding experts recommend that all moms keep a nutrition diary..
However, not everyone listens to this..
Indeed, if the child eats with appetite, does not suffer from colic, and does not demonstrate allergic reactions, the mother may well not bother with additional entries..
In the same case, if the baby is often worried about the tummy or there are problems with the skin since birth, you should definitely make a food diary and record in it the date of introduction of the new product and the child’s reaction to it.
Try new in the morning in small portions.
Then within 2 days to observe the reaction of the baby.
The diary records data about the stool (consistency, presence of mucus or verdure, frequency, color), skin reaction (presence / absence of rash) and child’s behavior (moodiness, colic, bloating, etc.).
The list of prohibited products for mom in the first 3 months
The use of these products with a high degree of probability can cause colic in the baby, increased gas formation or cause an allergic reaction:
- any canned food;
- White cabbage;
- homemade pickles;
- ready-made sauces (ketchup, mayonnaise, tabasco and others);
- semi-finished products;
- strong black tea;
- smoked meat;
- processed cheese;
- moldy cheeses;
In the video below, one of the moms will share their impressions and advice about nutrition and not only:
The diet of the second – the sixth month
From two months, the nutritional framework is significantly expanded, but we should not forget about the principles of healthy nutrition and the introduction of new foods in small portions..
The menu of the nursing mother can be added:
- lean borscht, seasoned with tomato juice (it is undesirable to use tomato paste!);
- nuts (except for pistachios and peanuts);
- poultry meat;
- homemade jam;
- vegetable and fruit fresh juice;
- fresh onions;
- fresh and dried herbs (oregano, celery, mint, tarragon, basil, thyme, lemon balm).
The list of prohibited products is relevant to 3 months.
Menu nursing mothers from six months to a year
The diet is becoming more diverse and it is already possible to pamper yourself occasionally with fried delicacies..
Oily foods should be avoided..
In general, the base of the menu is still boiled, stewed and steamed food..
New exotic fruits, seafood, chocolate, garlic and legumes can be gradually introduced into the menu..
The list of banned products becomes rather a list of undesirable.
They should not be abused, servings should be minimal and, of course, after should be especially careful to observe the reaction of the baby.
Doctors recommend refraining from:
- Condensed Milk.
- Canned food.
- Cream Cheese.
- Sweet carbonated drinks.
- Spreads, margarine.
- Fast food and convenience foods.
- Ice cream.
- Smoked meat.
Nutrition from year to end feeding
After the baby is one year old, the mother can return to the usual diet..
Of course, ideally, the menu should be healthy and healthy..
So, feeding the nursing mother, of course, has several limitations.
However, one should not forget that first of all one should be guided not by fears and speculation, but by common sense and the desire to give the best to your child..
And now let’s find out the opinion of a specialist advising on breastfeeding and caring for babies:
- 1 The basic principles of the diet nursing mothers
- 2 Products that contribute to the normalization of lactation
- 3 Prohibited foods for nursing women
- 4 Drinking mode
- 5 The menu of the first and second month
- 6 The diet of the second – the sixth month
- 7 Menu nursing mothers from six months to a year
- 8 Nutrition from year to end feeding