The idea of counting the food intake of calories belongs to Wilbur Etwater, a chemist from the USA .
In 1890, the scientist “split” food into individual elements: proteins, carbohydrates and fats, and then calculated the energy value of each of them..
His research was continued by Russell Chittenden, who approached the question from the opposite side, examining not only the calories received, but also the consumed.
Already in 1917, the work of Dr. Lulu Peters was published under the title “Diets and Health with Calorie Solving”.
The author, following a low-calorie diet lost 23 kg.
The main postulate of that time was a diet not exceeding 1200 calories per day..
The idea captured the minds of nutritionists, but for a long time was presented in a simplified version that does not take into account all the nuances – individual needs, the value of products for the body, compatibility and effects of heat treatment, the rate of decomposition and health effects..
Today, numerous studies have been carried out, and you can create the most effective and safe menu, which, moreover, can be really flexible and convenient..
Mechanism and principles
Reducing the amount of calories consumed provokes the body to begin to extract energy from fat deposits, thereby triggering the process of reducing body weight.
The basic principles of diet:
- It is important to monitor the content of organic matter in the diet. The daily rate of fat is 80 g (it is necessary to prefer fats of vegetable origin – oil, nuts, seeds), 100 g of carbohydrates (foods with complex carbohydrates should be chosen, they contribute to the burning of fat in the body), simple carbohydrates should be completely excluded from the menu.
- Proteins should prevail in the diet in order to lose weight by burning fat and not by reducing the proportion of muscle mass..
- Reducing the energy value of the diet should occur due to the exclusion of products with a high content of fats and simple carbohydrates.
- It is necessary to reduce the amount of salt.
- Strong alcohol and drinks containing sugar are prohibited during weight loss on a low-calorie diet..
- Eating is necessary fractionally, dividing the daily amount of food by 5-6 times.
- The last meal should occur no later than four hours before bedtime..
- The diet should contain sufficient amounts of water, vitamins, trace elements..
Calculation of individual daily energy needs
In the average version, the daily calorie content should not exceed approximately 1300 kcal for women and 1700 kcal for men.
But the most effective low-calorie diet will be if the need for energy is correctly determined and the optimal deficit is created..
Individual exchange can be calculated using the special formula 655 – (4.7 * age) + (1.8 * height in cm) + (9.6 * body weight in kg).
It is necessary to apply a raising factor to the result obtained and the number of calories needed to save body weight will be known..
Depending on the lifestyle, a multiplying factor is assigned:
- a high level of physical activity at work, supplemented by daily workouts – 1.9.
- intense sports or heavy physical work – 1,725;
- load 3-5 times a week – 1.55;
- low intensity loads 1-2 times a week – 1,375;
- minimum activity – 1.2.
In order to lose weight should create a daily deficit of 400-500 Kcal.
The duration of a low-calorie diet is on average from a week to a month..
Next, you need to stabilize the result, that is, consume the amount of calories needed to maintain the status quo.
The basis of the diet should be:
- Meat and poultry, lean ham – no more than 150 g per day.
- Light vegetable soup on chicken or low-fat fish or beef broth.
- Steam croquettes.
- Low-fat fish varieties – up to 200 g per day.
- Protein-based omelets.
- Bran bread or wholemeal flour – up to 150 g per day.
- Raw vegetables.
- Low Sugar Berries and Fruits.
- Savory fresh fruit.
- Dairy products.
- Tea, herbal infusions, coffee.
- Buckwheat and barley – up to 150 g.
- Fatty Meat and Poultry.
- Smoked and fried foods.
- Canned meat and fish.
- Salty food.
- Egg yolks.
- Animal fats.
- Rice, semolina, oatmeal.
- White bread, pastries.
- High fat dairy products.
- Raisins, grapes, bananas, figs and other sweet fruits and berries.
- Sweets (ice cream, jam, candy, honey, jelly, puddings, etc.).
- Mayonnaise, ketchup and other ready-made sauces with stabilizers and starch.
The menu for weight loss on a low-calorie diet follows from the permitted products, taking into account their weight and energy value..
Correctly calculate the allowable amount will help table.
Calorie table of permitted and conditionally permissible foods
With this data it will be much easier for you to stick with such a power system..
|Product||kcal / 100g|
|Chum salmon caviar||250|
|Sour cream 10%||118|
|Sour cream 20%||208|
|Fat cottage cheese||236|
|Low-fat cottage cheese||89|
|Low fat pork||318|
|Green onions (feather)||21|
|NUTS, DRIED FRUITS|
|Raisin with bone||273|
|FISH AND SEAFOOD|
|FRUITS AND BERRIES|
|BAKERY PRODUCTS, FLOUR|
|Coffee with milk||56|
Given the almost complete lack of standardization, it is pointless to indicate the consumption of finished products (especially meat and fish), it is more rational to rely on information provided by the manufacturer.
It should be understood that it is not necessary to calculate the calorie content to a few, the table of calories of a low-calorie diet is intended for an indicative assessment of food intake..
In addition, it is necessary to measure the nutritional value and benefits for the organism as a whole..
Its effectiveness depends on the integrity and thoughtfulness of the menu, the correct calculation of the amount of necessary energy and the combination of the program of this diet with physical activity..
If all the necessary conditions are met, losing weight will be easy and will bring the desired weight loss.
Reviews losing weight
Subscribers to our site do not remain indifferent and share their experiences with other readers..
Reviews of low-calorie diet they have are:
The best diet! Only counting calories and was able to lose weight. Very convenient – if you have eaten something high-calorie, then you need to put on the most useful products. Plus, you can think of the menu yourself, simply relying on the calorie table, this is the only option for me, so many times I started to follow ready-made diets and have always failed, and so – the result is 7 kg in 2 months!
Not everyone liked it. And the result seems to be (3 kg per month), but these constant calculations are very tiring. And everything has to be weighed and practically everything is cooked by itself, well, I can’t count the calories in a restaurant. Although I admit, even approximate calculations and relative adherence to the method still gives its results. Therefore, the solid four.
After the birth of the child, I got very well, but also cooking for the whole family, in general, I did not even see the options to lose weight. There is no time and so, and cooking for yourself separately is unrealistic. Began to count calories and reduce portions. Of course, the family menu also corrected, but no one except me noticed. I have lost weight and have been maintaining the result for several years and continue to count calories. It is only difficult at first, and then you memorize it and already on the machine you estimate how many calories you have eaten. In general, it seems to me, this is the only really effective method to lose weight for a long time, if you can not cook only yourself.
By the way, food for this program can be very diverse..
For example, you can make a dessert.
Yes, dessert, you read it right, it will be dietary, tasty and with a minimum of calories.
See the recipe in the video: