It is time for mass outings. And one of the main dishes for such events is barbecue. There are many recipes for this yummy, but in most cases you will need onions, it will provide the softness and juiciness of the meat, will give a certain piquancy of taste.
Onions can be pickled separately from meat, which will allow not to expose it to heat treatment, while retaining useful ingredients without losing taste. Consider several cooking methods..
There are two main ways – dry and marinade.
|Bow –||several heads|
|Apple or grape vinegar –||2 tbsp. l.|
|Sugar –||1 tbsp. l.|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 25 Kcal|
- Onions are cut into thin rings or half rings, slightly crimped;
- The product laid in the container is sprinkled with vinegar, salted to taste and sprinkled with sugar;
- The dish is thoroughly mixed and infused for 15 minutes. All is ready!
How to Marinate Marinated Onions for Shish Kebab
This is a more common option..
- Heads of onions;
- Standard 9% vinegar;
The product is cut into rings or half rings, loaded into the container and salted. After that, the onions are thoroughly wrinkled (juice should appear). The next stage – vinegar is poured, the rings are crumpled again.
Then the finished dish is placed in a saucepan with a lid or jar. Closed container shaken several times. In half an hour the pickled onions are ready to eat.
Interesting, but not very fast recipes.
For true lovers of tasty onions, cooking methods for a quick hand will not work. Several recipes.
The classic way of pickling with vinegar
This option has been used for many years by more than one generation of residents of the entire former Soviet Union..
- Several pieces of onions;
- About 70 grams of regular vinegar;
- Sugar (three tablespoons), salt, a glass of drinking water.
Stages of cooking:
- The bulb is shredded with thin rings or half rings (having previously got rid of the husk);
- The onion prepared in this way is placed in a steel bowl or pan;
- Then the marinade is prepared from sugar, salt, a glass of water;
- Heats up. The composition is mixed regularly before the onset of the boiling process;
- The gas is turned off and vinegar is added;
- Onion rings are poured with hot marinade, the resulting dish is tightly covered with a lid;
- Onions are infused for at least one hour, but for best results, it is recommended to rest in the fridge during the day.
Using lemon juice
- Directly onion heads;
- Greens and a set of spices (the number and composition is limited only by culinary preferences);
- Salt, vegetable oil (two tablespoons are enough);
- Squeezed lemon juice from half a rather large fruit.
- The onions cut into rings or half rings fit into a convenient container;
- Vegetables are salted and covered with herbs and spices;
- There is a sprinkling of juice, the composition is filled with sunflower oil (preferably not having a characteristic odor);
- Marinovka within 60 minutes. The product is ready to eat..
An excellent ingredient that is often used in the preparation of meat. But the onion and wine will turn out great!
What do you need:
- Four onions;
- 300 grams of water (2 cups);
- Salt, sugar, spices;
- 250 grams of wine.
How to do:
- The vegetable cut by rings of average thickness develops in a bowl and is filled in with boiled water;
- After 10 minutes, the water is drained, salt, sugar, spices are added;
- Capacity is filled with cooked wine;
- 4 hours pickling and dish can be used.
Marinated onion for the future
There is a way to prepare a dish in advance and save it to the appropriate occasion..
- The product cut into rings is folded into a jar, filled with saline (a liter of water – 1 tablespoon of salt);
- After a day the brine is drained, the vegetables are placed in a sterilized jar;
- The container is filled with marinade based on apple cider vinegar and spices, sealed.
You can use the dish in a month and on..
How to pickle red onions
The above options are great for salad varieties. But there are recipes that were developed specifically for this type of onion..
We will need:
- 5 onions (lettuce);
- 3% vinegar – as much as 0.5 liters;
- 2 cloves, 5 bay leaves, 5 allspice of allspice;
- Salt, sugar and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- A small saucepan filled with vinegar, salt and sugar to taste, the above listed set of spices;
- The mixture is brought to a boil and remains on the minimum heat for about 3 minutes;
- Pre-cut vegetable (average thickness of the slices) is filled with marinade, remains in it for 60 minutes;
- An hour later, the onion is removed, the fluid must be drained. All is ready!
A very popular recipe that is only suitable for red onions..
Need to purchase:
- Bulbs of a certain grade (Carmen, Baron, Shallot);
- Olive oil;
- Oregano-based seasoning.
- In a hermetically sealed package poured chopped rings or half rings vegetable;
- Vinegar and oil is poured. Seasoning is added if salt is necessary;
- The package is actively shaken, sent to the refrigerator for 7 hours. Upon expiration, the contents of the package is laid out in a container. It will be a great cold snack or addition to grilled meat on the fire (lamb is especially welcome).
- Take the purchase of vegetables should be taken seriously: the bulb should be young, medium-sized, with no visible signs of rotting;
- Marinating for more than half an hour means using a fridge;
- The presence of boiling water in the cooking process automatically removes the bitterness. Bitter lovers need to consider this..
Prepare pickled onions will not be difficult, the recipe can be chosen for every taste. At the same time, the ingredients are not expensive, and the preparation process is.