The child will love the tender and favorite mashed potatoes sooner or later. It is important to submit it according to all the rules, and then this complement, and later the garnish, will win his love..
Rules for the introduction of complementary foods from potatoes
According to many pediatricians, potatoes in the diet of the child need to enter only after he tries broccoli and zucchini. It is desirable that this not happen before six months. If this is done earlier, the digestive system will not be ready to accept heavy starch..
Dr. Komarovsky advises starting later, at about 8 months of age, when the baby already has at least one tooth. At the same time, it is necessary to give not just mashed potatoes, but decoction, but only after that, in the composition of vegetable soups and mashed potatoes, add potatoes..
For the first time, give half a tsp. After that, you need to follow the reaction of the body for several days. If there is no rash, allergies, changes in stools, etc., the child feels good, then you can gradually increase the portion.
During the first feeding you do not need to add anything to the dish. This is especially true for salt. Later, some mothers begin to add sunflower or butter, as well as breast milk. It increases nutritional value and slightly improves the taste..
If the child refuses to eat, it is not necessary to force him. He may not like the taste of the root. Just try to add it later to another vegetable puree..
If a child eats with pleasure, it means that the thing is really in taste. If he refuses again, it may be worth giving up this product altogether. With age, the child himself will make it clear when you can try again..
How to choose potatoes for mashed potatoes baby
Farm products are of better quality, although sometimes it is more difficult to get them, and the price is slightly higher than in the store. But the home root vegetable will not have any chemical additives, and this is very important for the child..
When buying a root crop, you should pay attention to the standard signs of poor quality: a huge number of “eyes”, cracks, putrid odor, softness, wrinkled skin, etc. It is also important to take into account seasonality: in the spring young potatoes appear rather quickly. When there is already quite a lot of it on the market, it’s worth using just such a vegetable, not last year’s.
|potato –||1 PC.|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 76 Kcal|
Such mashed potatoes can be prepared for children from 5-6 months. For the first time, it is enough to give literally 2 g per sample..
How to make mashed potatoes for babies:
- A medium-sized root crop needs to be peeled and then placed in cold water. Soak for several minutes, then wash.
- Cut into several pieces and put to boil. In no case should salt be added.
- After that, place the boiled root vegetable in a blender and smash it so that there are no lumps. If necessary, you can add a little potato broth or breast milk..
- Cool to warm and serve baby.
Mashed potatoes with vegetables
|olive oil||3 ml|
It will take to cook – 35 minutes.
How many calories – 78.
How to cook:
- This dish can be served to children from 8 months of age. If the child has already tried the zucchini, you can also add it here, quite a bit..
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. Thoroughly wash the roots.
- Cut into several pieces and put in a saucepan, pour water, put on fire and cook.
- Place the cooked products in a blender, adding quite a bit of olive oil here, smash until smooth. This can be done with an immersion blender..
- Cool slightly, then you can start to feed..
Mashed potatoes with meat for baby
|parsley roots||1 PC.|
It will take to prepare – 45 minutes.
How many calories – 104.
How to cook:
- Dish can be given to a child from 8 months.
- Meat (veal, turkey, rabbit) must be slaughtered in a blender or twice scrolled through a meat grinder. Roll two or three balls from the resulting mass, i.e., make meatballs, and then boil them or steam them.
- Peeled root vegetables need to be washed, then cut into cubes and cook for a couple. For this, it is not necessary to have a double boiler, you can use a regular basket over boiling water.
- Smash vegetables in a blender into mush. If the child still does not know how to chew, then the meatballs should be slaughtered along with the vegetables..
- Slightly salt the resulting mass, add a drop of melted butter to it, mix, allow to cool slightly, and then you can start feeding.
How to cook with fish
|sea or river fish||0.1 kg|
|sunflower oil||3 ml|
It will take to prepare – 50 minutes.
How many calories – 82.
How to cook:
- Wash the leek, remove all its hard fibers. For this it is enough to break the stem in half with your hands. Those fibers that do not break, but remain hanging, need to be removed. Cut everything else into rings.
- Cut the potato without peel into several slices.
- Fish steak or its tail part also cut into small pieces.
- All these ingredients need to be put on the steaming basket or in the double boiler. Separate cooking is not necessary..
- Steam until ready, and then shift to a blender. Add a couple of drops of sunflower oil here and beat it all together..
- The resulting slightly cooled mashed potatoes can be fed..
For young mummies, we recommend the following article: The nutritional characteristics of a nursing mother in the first month of a baby’s life.
Here is described in detail how to cook applesauce for babies.
Interesting octopus recipes from sausages for children will be useful to resourceful parents..
Cooking option with breast milk
|breast milk||40 ml|
It will take to prepare – 40 minutes.
How many calories – 86.
How to cook:
- Peel the potatoes, then boil in a little water or steam. To speed up the process, you can chop the fruit into pieces.
- Put in a blender and kill in mush.
- Heat the breast milk in a skillet, transfer to a blender and beat again..
- The resulting mixture is placed in a bowl, add a little butter, mix.
- When the dish has cooled slightly, serve..
To save more nutrients in the root, it is necessary to cook “in uniform”. Pre-wash it thoroughly. After that, peel, put in a blender and cook as usual..
If there is no blender, do not worry. It will take a little more time to prepare the dish with the help of tolkushki. This should be done qualitatively, otherwise the child will not be able to chew lumps, they may get stuck in the digestive tract or cause constipation..
To avoid this, the potatoes can be ground through a sieve with a spoon, and then add any additives here..
Not only butter and breast milk can be added. To dilute puree and extra flavor, you can use a little milk mixture, as well as permitted fruit juices or vegetable broths..
It is worth remembering that such experiments can be started only from 8 months of age, and they should also be given in very small portions. It will save the child from allergies..
To get extra starch from the root, it is soaked. Small fruits require a few minutes. The water becomes cloudy, becomes white. Larger fruits need to be soaked for two or three hours..