If you already are fed up with sausages that are offered in the store in a huge assortment, then it would be time to cook it yourself.
Do you think this is difficult and unrealistic? Nothing like that, everything can be done. Moreover, store sausages have dubious quality and chemical additives that have a detrimental effect on health..
Therefore, it is already necessary to switch only to natural food. So, how to cook this delicacy yourself?
Selection and preliminary preparation of meat
After slaughter it should be put in a cool place for 1-2 days. After that, the meat must be freed from bones, large tendons and various coarse connective films..
During the butchering of beef you need to cut off all the excess fat, otherwise it can spoil the whole taste of the sausage. If pork is used, then all the fat and coarse tendons are cut..
The flesh of the meat is cut into medium pieces weighing 250 grams. Pieces are filled with salt, saltpeter and cleaned for 2-3 days in a cool place..
|Beef pulp –||1 kg|
|Salted lard –||200 grams|
|Salt –||1.5 large spoons|
|Sugar –||1 tsp|
|Ground black pepper –||2 small spoons|
|Red ground pepper –||pinch|
|Coriander –||1 large spoon|
|Apple vinegar –||Little|
|Time for preparing: 8200 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 350 Kcal|
How to cook:
A piece of beef is well washed, remove all excess and cut into squares or strips;
Spread coriander in a dry frying pan and fry. Next, grind it with a coffee grinder;
Put coriander, salt, red and black ground pepper, baking soda and granulated sugar in a bowl. All components are mixed;
Slices of beef are rubbed on all sides with vinegar and rolled in a dry mixture of spices for marinade;
Next, put the slices of spices in an enamel container, close the lid and press down with a load;
Capacity with meat and marinade we remove in a cold place for 12 hours. After 6 hours, turn over the beef pieces and leave to marinate for 6 hours more;
After 12 hours, prepare the vinegar solution. At 1 liter of water will require 2 tbsp. spoons of apple cider vinegar;
Next, put the marinated meat in the vinegar solution for 5-7 minutes. Then we take them out and squeeze them well;
After that, the pieces are passed through a meat grinder into ground minced meat;
Now prepare the fat. It needs to be salted a couple of days before the sausage is cooked. Ready salted lard is cut in medium bars and put into a container with stuffing, mix;
Getting to the formation of sausages. In the cling film lay out the stuffing in the form of sausage and wrap;
Ready sausages put on the grill and put in a place with a good wind. A great option would be a windowsill;
After about 5 days they can already be eaten..
Chicken dried sausage
- A pound of chicken meat;
- Small spoon of granulated garlic;
- Some salt;
- 1 small spoon of ground coriander;
- A pinch of black ground pepper.
Cooking time – 14-19 days.
Calories 100 grams. – 130 C.
- Wash the flesh of the chicken, dry it with paper napkins. Put in the freezer for 1.5 hours;
- Then, using a knife with a sharp blade, cut the meat into thin slices;
- In a bowl, mix the salt, ground coriander, black pepper and granulated garlic;
- Mix the spice mixture into the stuffing and mix until smooth;
- In the cling film or in the washed pig intestines we lay out the chicken mince. We spread it tightly so that it completely filled them. We tie it with thread or rope on both sides to make a sausage in the form of a ring.
- We spread the sausage into a container, press it down with a load and place it in a cold place for two days;
- After that, over the next 2-3 days, in the daytime sausage should be hung in a ventilated room, and placed in a night place under pressure in a cold place;
- At the end, the sausage should be hung for drying in a ventilated room for 1.5-2 weeks;
- After that, it can be eaten..
How to make homemade sausage without guts
What we need:
- The flesh of any meat – 1.5 kg;
- Salted fat -200-300 grams
- 60 grams of salt;
- A pinch of black ground pepper;
- Small spoon of sugar;
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp;
- Apple vinegar;
- 1 small spoon of coriander.
Cooking time – 5 days.
Calories per 100 grams – 350 C.
How to do:
- Meat is cut into pieces and rubbed with vinegar;
- Next, rub with a mixture of spices and send under pressure for 12 hours in a cold place;
- Marinated pieces are soaked in a solution of water and apple cider vinegar for 15-20 minutes. On 1 liter put 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- Then with the bacon skip through a meat grinder or food processor;
- On a dry surface, you can use a cutting board, lay out the stuffing in the form of long sausages, square or round;
- We put the form with sausage on a ventilated place, for example a window sill and leave it for 1 day. During this time they will be covered with a dense crust;
- Then they can be hung for 2-3 days for further drying;
- After that, the sausages are cooled in the fridge and served on the table..
Horse meat sausage: features of cooking meat
What ingredients we need:
- Horse meat – tenderloin for 1 kilogram;
- 200-300 grams of salted lard;
- 1 teaspoon black pepper;
- Red ground pepper is a pinch;
- ¼ tsp of baking soda;
- Coriander – 1 tsp;
- Apple vinegar;
- Some salt.
Cooking time – 11 days.
Caloric content – 230 C.
How to prepare:
- We wash horse meat, clean it of veins, films and cut it into strips 2 cm long;
- Next, prepare the mixture for pickling. Fry the coriander in a dry frying pan and grind it with a coffee grinder. Next, pour in a bowl, also add the rest of the spices to it and mix;
- Pieces of horse meat rubbed apple cider vinegar from all sides;
- Next, sprinkle them with a mixture of spices;
- We spread the pieces of meat with spices in a large stainless steel container, cover with a lid and put the load on it. Put the container in the fridge for 12 hours. After 6 hours we mix everything up and put the cargo on top;
- After 12 hours, prepare a weak acetic solution. To do this, pour in the water apple cider vinegar and stir. For 1 liter you will need 2 large spoons of vinegar;
- In the acetic solution lay out the marinated pieces, rinsed in it and hold it for 5 minutes;
- After that, the meat is squeezed and hung out in a well-ventilated area for 5 days;
- After 5 days we skip the horse meat along with salted lard through a meat grinder or food processor;
- Then on the cutting board we spread the cling film and lay the mince in it in the form of sausages long and wrap. So we make every sausage;
- Next, we shift the sausage to the grate and place it in a well-ventilated room for 5 days;
- After this time, horse meat sausage will be ready..
Traditional pork jerked sausage
What components need to prepare:
- 2 kilograms of pork;
- A pound of bacon and bacon;
- 1.5 large spoons of table salt;
- 50 grams of seasoning for sausages;
- 20 grams of savory;
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper;
Cooking time – 15 days.
Calories per 100 grams – 400 C.
How to do it:
- Meat washed, cleaned of films, veins and cut into medium pieces;
- Scroll through the meat grinder. It is advisable to use a large grill so that the meat turns out in the form of pieces;
- Next, cut the bacon into small sticks;
- Put the stuffing into a deep bowl, add pieces of bacon to it and mix;
- Then we add minced meat with lard, season with ground pepper, savory, seasonings and mix well;
- We cover the container with the ready stuffing with a plastic bag or plastic wrap and put it in a cold place for a day;
- After this, the trunk or intestines are washed from the inside;
- With the help of the meat grinder gut stuff with minced meat. They need to be packed tightly, because in the process of drying the volume of sausages will decrease. It is advisable to pierce the sausage with a skewer in some places at the end of the tamping and report the stuffing by hand;
- Tying the finished sausages on both sides and form strollers out of them;
- With the help of twine hang them over the hood and leave for two weeks;
- On day 3 we crush them with a normal rolling pin, they should become slightly flattened and hang up again;
- On the second week, at night, they should be placed in the refrigerator, and hung out during the daytime;
- On day 14, the sausages will be ready and can be eaten..
Storage rules and tips
- Sausages of own production should be stored in the refrigerator, having previously wrapped them in parchment paper, foil. They can also be folded in a special container;
- It is not advisable to wrap the sausage in plastic bags. As humidity rises inside the bag, the shelf life of the product will be low;
- Salts need to be put in moderation. Not salted product will not tasty, but salted, too, should not be done. It is best to put 50-60 grams of salt per 1 kg of meat;
- Instead of guts, you can use food wrap, material, parchment paper, and artificial casings;
- It is undesirable to use the meat of old animals. After cooking the sausage will be tough and it will be hard to chew. For sausages, you need to use young and tender meat.
Dry-cured sausages made at home will be truly excellent and without a single preservative. This delicacy will turn out much better than that which is sold in many stores..
After all, for its preparation is used only real quality meat and spices. The main thing is to cook and follow all the recommendations..