During Lent, which is one of the most stringent and long posts, Orthodox believers adhere to the spiritual lifestyle, pray, and follow a strict diet..
To choose the right products for the lean menu, you need to understand the structure of Lent..
So, on some days of the week — Monday, Wednesday, and Friday — only desolation is allowed. Therefore, the menu – compote, water, black bread, crackers. Fruits and vegetables can be consumed separately and in the form of salads. Can serve as lemon juice.
The most stringent restrictions are observed in the first and last week..
At other times, hot fast first and second courses, but without butter, are prepared on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At the weekend – Saturday, Sunday – add vegetable oil to food.
Under the ban – meat, dairy, muffins, confectionery, alcohol, eggs, pasta.
Recipes Lenten dishes for every day a great many. Here are some tips to help diversify their taste:
- Try using liquid honey as a fruit salad dressing;
- For vegetable salad dressings, lemon juice is perfect;
- Vegetables can not only be eaten raw, but baked, stewed. Another interesting way to make them is to marinate the products and fry them on the grill without butter;
- The taste of cereals can be varied with the help of dried fruits, candied fruits or nuts..
|Mashed potatoes –||700 grams|
|Starch –||3 tbsp. l no slide|
|Mushrooms –||250 grams|
|Onions and carrots –||1 pc each.|
|Salt –||1 teaspoon|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 95 Kcal|
Vegetables and mushrooms as a beautiful filling will be combined with a roll, which must be prepared not from dough, but from mashed potatoes. This dish diversifies the Lenten menu..
Cut the onion and put it out with the addition of vegetable oil. Add grated carrots and mushrooms to the onions. To salt.
Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
Mashed potatoes must be lump free, uniform, always warm.
- In mashed potatoes, stir in the starch;
- Preheat oven to 200 °;
- Put the mashed potatoes on the paper-laid baking sheet (rectangle) so that you can roll the roll later;
- Puree in the oven for 15 minutes to make it brown;
- Then remove the pan and spread prepared potato filling over the potato layer;
- Form the roll carefully: fold the sheet, separating the paper;
- You can lubricate the top of the roll with strong tea and send in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Delicious wheat patties with vegetables
- Millet – 200 grams;
- Bulgarian pepper;
- Cabbage – about 200 grams;
- Any greens;
- Salt to taste.
- Vegetables and herbs should be minced;
- Juice squeeze, drain the resulting liquid with vegetable mincemeat;
- Millet, wash, pour water and put to boil;
- Chilled millet porridge and minced vegetable mix, salt;
- Cutlets cut in the oven; pre-grease the baking sheet, dip the meatballs in the breadcrumbs, and put in the preheated oven;
- Half an hour to cook will be enough.
Such cabbage can be served to the table as an independent dish and can be a wonderful side dish, for example, to wheat cutlets described above..
It will take:
- Cabbage fork (about 1.2 kg -1.5 kg);
- Flour – half tablespoons of the dining room;
- Vinegar, sugar, water – ½ tablespoon;
Chop cabbage. Simmer it on low heat for 20 minutes with the addition of vegetable oil and water.
Then add tomato puree, vinegar and sugar to the cabbage, add salt to taste and continue to stew.
Dissolve flour: heat a spoonful of vegetable oil in a pan, pour in a little water and stir the flour in this liquid. Heat the mixture and then pour it into the cabbage. Mix. Warm up the dish – the lean cabbage is ready.
Lean cauliflower puree soup
Lean soup turns nutritious, tender and tasty. For its preparation will require the most ordinary products:
- Cauliflower – 500-700 grams;
- Onions – 1-2 pcs .;
- Flour – 2 tsp;
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Litere of water;
- Spices: pepper (fragrant, black ground), paprika.
- Prepare for cooking cauliflower inflorescences: wash, separate the inflorescences and cut them into 2-3 pieces;
- Chop the onion;
- In a bowl for soup pour a spoonful of vegetable oil, add flour. Fry the flour for a couple of minutes until it gets a little dark;
- Then pour water into the flour, stir everything, boil;
- Put onion and cabbage in water;
- Cook soup for 20 minutes over low heat;
- Add spices for 5 minutes until cooked..
After the soup has cooled, take the blender and whisk the contents to a puree..
Bring to the boil again, add salt to taste, let it brew..
Pike perch soup
A hearty soup made from pike perch can be cooked on those days of fasting when it is allowed to eat fish. Flavored dish will definitely have to taste.
- Fish – 1 kg;
- Potatoes – 5-6 pcs .;
- Onions – 2-3 pieces;
- Water – 2 liters;
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l .;
- Bay leaf, several peas allspice;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l .;
- Garlic, dill (dried or fresh).
- Clean the fish, gut, remove the gills and tail;
- Cut the fish into portioned small pieces, set aside in a cool place;
- Boil broth from fins, head, tail;
- To make the broth aromatic, add the necessary ingredients for cooking: bay leaf and pepper, whole onion and garlic;
- Do not forget to salt and cook for about an hour on low heat;
- Strain the ready broth;
- Cut the remaining onion and stir in a little vegetable oil;
- Add tomato paste to the onions, if necessary, dilute a little with water, stir;
- Cut potatoes into small cubes.
Put the potatoes in the pots first, then the fish pieces, add them, if necessary, and pour the cooked broth into each pot..
Put everything in a cold oven. Pike perch soup is cooked at a temperature of two hundred and twenty degrees. After 2 hours, add tomato paste and onions to the pots, then return to the oven for another 15 minutes..
Sprinkle with dill before serving.
Zucchini with mushrooms, baked in the oven
The combination of ingredients in this lenten dish will delight with its original taste. Another plus is that when baking, vegetables will not lose their beneficial properties..
- Zucchini (medium size) – 1 pc .;
- Broccoli – 100 grams;
- Champignons – 3-4 pcs .;
- Carrots (large) – 1 pc .;
- Tomatoes – 2 pcs .;
- One teaspoon of pumpkin seeds (peeled) and olive oil;
- Spices: ground pepper, dried garlic.
Stuffing for zucchini: chopped finely mushrooms, broccoli, shabby carrots to extinguish. Add in water a little water and spices, olive oil, salt. When the vegetables are soft, add peeled seeds.
Prepare the zucchini. Cut into two equal parts, remove the insides and seeds from the zucchini. The resulting “boats” need a little soften – put them in the microwave. To do this, put zucchini on a dish, cover with a lid.
Now you need to stuff, and they will be ready for baking. It will take 4 pieces of foil. Put the “boats” on the foil, fill each half with vegetable filling, if necessary, salt it. Put fresh tomato circles on top. Close the zucchini with another sheet of foil, ends, tack.
Put two rolls in the preheated oven at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes to bake. Then remove the top sheet of foil and leave to roast for another 10 minutes. Beautiful and tasty dish is ready.
To observe or not fasting is a personal matter for everyone. However, lean dishes are in any case beneficial to the body and must be present in the diet. Moreover, the variety of recipes of such a menu is striking in its variety and will surely delight you with its amazing taste.
Enjoy your meal!