Pea porridge belong to those dishes, the taste of which is remembered from childhood.
Porridge is useful and very tasty, the liking of both children and adults, especially good with different additives.
Let’s consider several options for cooking this very tasty and healthy porridge in a slow cooker.
Peas as a food product is very useful for the body due to the content of an impressive amount of various substances:
- vitamins – A, C and group B;
- trace elements – iron, calcium;
- proteins – easily digestible;
- amino acids;
- antioxidants, etc..
Our grandmothers had this product, was one of the main and important food products, because the ancient kitchen can offer not only pea porridge, but also soups (a lot of recipes), jelly, baked even pies.
In addition, it has a therapeutic effect on some deviations in health: it is excellent for heartburn, lowers blood sugar, cleanses the intestines, fights constipation, etc..
Secrets of cooking delicious pea porridge
Properly cooked porridge from this product is a nourishing and tasty dish, it is almost impossible to spoil it, but you should know some of the subtleties of its preparation..
Consider the main components of this dish..
Which pea is ideal for cooking porridge?
If you rely on the content of nutrients and vitamins, then the best pea is nesting, but it must always be soaked in water, otherwise it will not boil into a mushy mass.
It is sorted out, removing poor-quality and damaged peas, as well as trash.
Then washed in running water several times and poured into an enamel bowl..
The calculation of peas and water is as follows: for 1 part of dry peas, 4 parts of water are taken and left overnight (for 4-6 hours).
Cook excellent porridge in a slow cooker
World cuisines have their own unique recipes for cooking pea porridge, nowadays a modern recipe for its preparation in a slow cooker is very popular..
We offer several recipes for this wonderful porridge, cooked in a multi-cooker Polaris.
|chicken meat (breast or thigh) –||400 – 450 grams|
|crushed peas –||0.5 kg|
|turnip bow –||2 small pieces|
|medium carrots –||1 piece|
|vegetable oil –||1-2 tablespoons for frying|
|spices and salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 233 Kcal|
- Wash chicken meat under the water channel and cut into small cubes;
- We include the slow cooker in the “baking” mode, we throw the meat, after pouring out the oil. Fry for 10 minutes;
- Grate the carrots, chop the onion into large cubes and add all the vegetables to the chicken in the slow cooker. Fry 10 – 15 minutes;
- While the chicken is roasting, rinse the peas until the water is completely clear;
- We pour it into the slow cooker and pour water over it so that it covers the peas 1.5-2 cm above;
- We salt, we add pepper, seasonings and spices;
- Close the lid of the Polaris multicooker and put it into the “quenching” mode for 1.5 – 2 hours;
- After the signal, open the device, add butter in pieces (it gives a wonderful aroma).
The classic recipe for porridge from peas, cooked in a slow cooker
We recommend to view this version of the recipe. Enjoy watching:
- Wash peas until light water and soak for 4-6 hours;
- A bowl of multicooker Polaris is well lubricated from the inside with butter (porridge does not burn then);
- We pour out the peas and the peas in the bowl and pour water so that it can slightly cover the mass of peas. We salt;
- We do not regret the bowl of the multicooker, grease with butter so that the mass does not burn;
- Wash the peas thoroughly again, pour it into the slow cooker and fill it with clean water so that it slightly covers the pea mass;
- Cooking in the mode of “porridge”;
- After the beep, be sure to wait until the slow cooker releases steam;
- Open the lid and add butter;
- When the butter is completely melted, mix the whole mass well..
Pea Porridge with Fried Brisket
This recipe is intended for meat lovers – a very satisfying dish is obtained.!
So, take the following products:
- peas – 400-500 grams (wash and pre-wet for 2-4 hours);
- vegetable oil – 100 grams;
- pork belly – 300-350 grams;
- salt to taste.
- To begin, fry the bacon in vegetable oil – to do this, pour the butter into the bowl of the multicooker and put the meat cut into random pieces;
- After that, add the swollen peas, fill with water and close the slow cooker, putting on the “baking” mode or “stewing” for 25-35 minutes;
- Turn off the miracle device and wait for all the air to descend;
- Open and add butter to smell and taste. The pieces of meat in this case should be soft and tasty..
Enjoy your meal!