Aromatic, tender, nutritious mushroom sauce is great!
No other gravy compares with it..
Then try cooking a delicacy yourself..
Your steak, sandwich or other dish deserve this exquisite decoration..
Culinary biography of champignons
Ancient Aztecs and Egyptians believed that mushrooms bring immortality.
The product was available only to the elite of society..
The situation changed in the middle of the 17th century, when the French learned to cultivate wild champignons..
Contemporaries still consider the delicacy an exclusive product, however it is available to every visitor to the supermarket..
Today, the most common champignon dvuhorovy.
It is grown in more than 70 countries..
In terms of cultivation, it occupies 40% of all mushrooms in the international market.
Their popularity is associated with a low calorie content in the product – about 24 kcal per 100 grams and the presence of amino acids, vitamins (K, D, E, B), niacin, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, antioxidants linoleic acid, iron and zinc.
Mushrooms have a rather mild flavor, sweet almond flavor, combine well with almost any ingredients..
Mushrooms can be cooked many dishes.
One of them is tender sauces..
They are added to vegetarian and meat dishes, casseroles, vegetable stews.
Sauces are made from pickled or fresh champignons based on various broths with the addition of greens, spices, vegetables, flour and other ingredients..
Proper selection and storage
Canned products are bought, focusing on the shelf life and integrity of sealed packaging.
With fresh mushrooms the situation is somewhat more complicated..
On the underside of the fungus “gills” should be placed in a densely continuous layer..
Store delicacy in a paper bag in a cool place..
Use fresh vegetables for a few days after purchase..
Recipe for mushroom mushroom sauces
|mushrooms –||250 grams|
|flour –||2 tbsp. l.|
|marjoram or thyme (optional) –||0.5 tsp.|
|butter –||25 grams|
|broth to choose from: beef, chicken or vegetable –||375 ml|
|salt, black pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 69 Kcal|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms, thyme or marjoram.
- Heat the mixture by stirring it..
- Add flour to a small amount of broth..
- Stir the ingredients with a whisk.
- Add the remaining broth to the mixture..
- Stir the ingredients to a smooth consistency..
- Pour broth with flour mushrooms.
- Bring the champignon mushroom sauce to a boil over low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to the dish and serve on the table in a saucepan..
The entire cooking process step by step you can clearly see in the culinary video below:
Ingredients (for 4-4.5 servings):
- mushrooms – 170 grams;
- thick cream – ¼ cup;
- butter – 3 tbsp. l .;
- beef broth – 2 cups;
- shallot – 1 tbsp. l .;
- flour – ¼ cup;
- salt and black pepper – to taste;
- wine (dry) Marsala – ¼ cup.
- Melt the butter in a roomy pan..
- Add mushrooms and onions.
- Ingredients Passe about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Holding the mixture over medium heat, pour the flour over the top, so that it covers the mushrooms.
- Stir the ingredients and lightly fry for 3 minutes..
- Add wine to the mixture and keep on fire for about 30 seconds, stirring the gravy with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly pour in the broth and whip until smooth..
- Bring the creamy-mushroom champignon sauce to a boil and stir, stir until it thickens..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in the cream..
- Add salt and pepper as needed, serve..
We offer you to see this recipe in the video story:
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- mushrooms – 170 grams;
- butter – 2 tbsp. l .;
- corn starch – 1 tsp;
- heavy cream – 1 cup;
- onion – ½ cup;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- sage leaves – 5 pcs .;
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic, onion, sage, pepper and salt.
- Put the mushrooms in these ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes..
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream with starch..
- Pour mixture of vegetables.
- Slowly heat the mass until the white mushroom mushroom sauce thickens.
- Pour them a dish, decorate with Parmesan cheese and serve..
Nuances of cooking and combination of sauce
Surprise guests with magnificent mushroom sauce is easy if you know the ingredients that are combined with champignons.
Products should not interrupt the delicate taste and aroma of the most delicate main ingredient of the dish..
The sauce is usually added to the second poultry and veal dishes with a side dish of potatoes, rice, pasta.
Gravy can be used for snacks from cabbage or tomato.
Dishes decorated with parsley, dill, onion or green onions, Parmesan cheese.
As spices to sauces add: curry, ginger root, coriander, black pepper, basil, saffron, garlic.
In the process of cooking mushrooms are fried in cream, olive, peanut or other vegetable oil.
The ability to cook a delicious recipe for mushroom mushroom sauce never hurts the hostess, especially if it is made from mushrooms.
The appetizing addition to various dishes will surely please guests and family members..
We suggest you to please dear people with delicious dishes prepared according to our recipes, we wish you enjoy your meal.!
Finally, we have prepared another video for you, but not with the sauce recipe, but with the old mushroom gravy recipe..
It is possible that you will enjoy this sauce even more than the sauce..