Pizza is one of the most famous and popular dishes, spreading from Italy around the world, most of all fond of Europe and the USA. The traditional recipe of this tortilla with tomatoes and cheese in each country was transformed, supplemented with new ingredients and methods of preparation, forming under the customs of national cuisines.
Classic pizza, which appeared at the turn of the 16th-17th centuries, was much simpler in terms of filling, and basically it contained simple, strict in terms of fantasy components – special flour (not sifted), natural yeast sourdough, olive oil, and Tomatoes and cheese prevailed.
But housewives who do not adhere to the historical recipe often use a simpler and more tender baking composition, adding butter, milk, eggs and dry yeast to it. From this test you will get both a thin traditional base and an air base – for lovers of lush baking..
When time is limited, you can knead dairy dough and without yeast, replacing them with soda, if you need a fluffy, porous base, or without it – then the cake will be thin and dense.
Also for pizza, you can use the simplest recipe – without milk, with yeast and water. Here, even the eggs are not needed. This is the usual dough used for many types of baking. Muffin is also acceptable in this composition..
Preparation of the basics on milk is a practical and versatile technology. We give the basic principles.
|Flour –||2 medium glasses|
|Milk –||1 medium glass|
|Egg –||2 pcs.|
|Butter –||4 tbsp.|
|Dry or Fresh Yeast –||5 g or 50 g|
|Granulated sugar –||1 tsp.|
|Salt –||1 tsp.|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 326 Kcal|
Making yeast dough for pizza with milk is a snap. Yeast pour necessarily warm milk. After a quarter of an hour, add the eggs, salt, beat everything vigorously. Pass the flour through a sieve and slowly, pour it in portions to the milk, constantly stir in the wooden – more convenient – with a spoon or spatula.
Then manually knead the dough hard. Soften the butter, without melting it and add to the dough. Knead again. Wrap a towel and leave warm for half an hour or more. When the dough fits, it will be porous and vigorous, roll out the basics..
Quick yeast-free pizza dough with milk
|Flour||2 medium glasses|
|Milk||1 medium glass|
|Any oil – vegetable or cream||3 tbsp.|
|En value||314 kcal.|
Beat the eggs. Combine milk and soft butter.
In another bowl, a desirable large volume, combine the flour, granulated sugar and salt. In small portions, slowly pour in milk mixture and eggs, mix continuously and thoroughly..
Milk mass without residue is absorbed by the flour, the result will be a uniform soft mash. The resulting sticky circle to interfere with both hands, raining if necessary flour, bring to homogeneity and tight elasticity. Roll into a soft, smooth ball and wrap in a damp napkin for a quarter of an hour.
Then roll out the dough of the base of the preferred size from the dough, remembering to sprinkle with flour.
Yeast-Free Pizza Dough
You will need:
|Flour||2 medium glasses|
|Purified water||1 medium glass|
|Dry yeast||1 tsp.|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp.|
|Granulated sugar||1 tsp.|
|En value||274 kcal.|
In warm water, you can at room temperature, put the yeast. Stir in the sugar. Leave for 20 minutes. Add salt, butter, stir once more and only then – sifted flour. Form a uniform elastic circle. To avoid dryness, cover tightly with a damp cloth and leave for at least half an hour. Risen dough can be used as a base..
When the base is mayonnaise
As a substitute for milk, you can use a variety of supplements, close and far from the usual dairy baking. One of the interesting substitutes is mayonnaise – it will give the pizza a rich, bright taste and surprise households..
|Flour||3 medium glasses|
|Granulated sugar||1 tsp.|
|En value||453 kcal.|
Smash the egg in a bowl. Add Mayo. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Soften margarine (can be butter), mix with egg and mayonnaise. Pour the flour and sugar. Knead the dough until elastic and smooth, leave for 20 minutes. Base layers can be formed from a finished ball.
- The longer the yeast dough is kept warm, the softer and more porous it will be;
- In order for the pizza dough on milk to turn out smooth and elastic, it should be kneaded several times, leaving periods of a quarter of an hour between sets;
- Smearing yeast dough with vegetable oil, you will provide him with a quick and easy lift;
- Yeast can be replaced by soda, baking powder, even beer;
- Adding mayonnaise will give the pizza a rich, bright taste;
- Sour cream, kefir, ryazhenka, yoghurt will make a terrific, sweetish creamy taste in the dough;
- Eggs can be replaced by an alliance of baking powder with citric acid, flakes of oatmeal and other cereals, the smallest semolina, starch;
- To make the dough more nutritious and useful, add bran, greens, sesame or flax seeds, germinated wheat, nuts;
- You can add a savory taste to the dough using spices and spices, for example, basil, thyme, black and white pepper;
- To obtain a crumbly, tender base, you must mix cottage cheese with dough;
- To reduce caloric content, you can, using skimmed milk, olive oil and flour more coarse grinding;
- By adding tomato paste to the dough liquid, you will get the perfect basics of scarlet tone with a delicate taste;
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the baking dish, sprinkle it with semolina or breadcrumbs;
- To make the dough airy and tender, it needs to be kneaded in one direction;
- Olive oil instead of sunflower will enrich your pizza with real Italian notes;
- So that the base does not stick to the hands, it is necessary to moisten them in water or to coat with vegetable oil;
- Roll out sticky soft pizza dough is best a bottle of cold water through parchment paper;
- You can avoid burning the base by placing a container with water under the pan;
- To get a good pastry, sift flour without fail, so it will be more saturated with oxygen;
- Soda should not be poured directly into the flour, it must be diluted first in water – so that there are no soda balls and lumps;
- If you put in too much soda, your dough will turn yellow or dark, it will have a specific taste and smell;
- The friability of the product is directly proportional to the amount of oil and vice versa – water;
- Milk dough will be softer if you add grated boiled potatoes to it..
- Dough with sugar burns faster and blush, so you need to watch out for it more vigilantly;
- To prevent the edges of the base from becoming dry and hard after baking, grease them with oil and other sauces before putting them into the oven..
Pizza dough recipes are a rich variety. Each of them is worthy of being tested and evaluated. In any case, for good baking requires enthusiasm, accuracy and love of cooking.
Pizza is a tortilla with tomato filling loved in all corners of the world. The base is the most important part of the pizza and surpasses even the superficial filling in its influence on the taste. Its traditional cooking method is respected at home and in some eating places. For home conditions, there are more mundane solutions, one of the most successful and tender of which is the pizza dough on milk with or without yeast.