Roast beef is a dish of high cuisine, without it is difficult to imagine the menu of a luxurious restaurant or a cozy cafe. Let us see what is this dish, what are the secrets of cooking it, and also consider several options for cooking at home.
Roast beef – what is it?
Traditional meat for roast beef is considered to be beef, but in different countries of the world the dish is cooked differently, adding to it a variety of spices and herbs and even replacing the beef with pork or lamb.
Initially, the British cooked roast beef on an open fire, the result was a juicy veal with an appetizing crust. But, according to this technology, the meat was not always proportionately roasted, not mastering the skill, as a result, it was possible to get raw inside, and from above – burnt meat. Therefore, over time, the technology has improved, and as a result, the meat began to cook in the oven.
An interesting fact: it is believed that roast beef turns out to be much tastier if it is bullish rather than cow meat that is used to cook it.
Roast beef can decorate any holiday table and deserve a thousand compliments in the direction of the hostess, but only with the proper preparation of meat. The process of cooking begins with the choice of meat, then you need to adhere to technology, and finally, know the following secrets:
- Choosing the meat correctly. For this dish will fit the meat is not a young calf, namely beef (adult bull meat). Do not buy frozen or too fresh (fresh) meat. Ideally, the carcass will hang in the store for three days before purchase. If you buy fresh meat, the dish from it will be too tough. In addition, the piece must have a fat layer in order for the finished product to turn out juicy and not bland. Interesting to know! There are two ways of aging beef: dry and wet. In the first case, the meat is suspended, and in the second – stored in a vacuum. The second method is more successful, since in this case the beef retains moisture and in the future the dishes from it become more juicy;
- Product temperature You can not put the tenderloin from the fridge immediately in the oven, it is best to send meat of room temperature to the oven. So the piece is evenly baked in the oven and will be more juicy;
- Pre-frying. Before you put the meat in the oven, it must be wrapped with thread (to give shape) and fry. Pre-frying in a pan will provide a beautiful crust of the already finished product;
- You can not pierce the meat. Before cooking and directly in the cooking process, it is absolutely not recommended to pierce the meat with a fork in order to keep it juicer. But in the fatty layer, the British recommend making cuts, so that the fat is better allocated in the cooking process;
- Completion of cooking. After the roast beef is ready, it must be removed from the oven and allowed to stand for 20-30 minutes before cutting. Thus, the juice is distributed evenly throughout the dish and excess liquid will not leak out after cutting..
The use of marked tricks is the key to success on the path to culinary skill in cooking roast beef.
|beef –||1.2 kg|
|olive oil –||2-3 tablespoons.|
|english mustard –||1 tbsp.|
|Time for preparing: 130 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 170 Kcal|
It is necessary to take a large beef (at least 1 kg) tenderloin or ribs, remove it from the fridge and rub it with English mustard in the grains. There is no salt in the traditional recipe, but you can optionally add it to a dish at this stage of cooking..
After rubbing the veal tightly tied with a thread and leave for 2 hours (not in the refrigerator). Then the piece is either fried in a pan in olive oil, or put in the oven (on a baking sheet) at a temperature of 250 ° C for 10 minutes.
Then the temperature should be reduced to 150 ° C and the oven until ready (approximately 90-120 min). In order to roast beef juicy, every 20min it needs to be watered with drained fat.
After cooking, the dish must be removed from the oven and allowed to stand for half an hour, after which the beef is served at the table and cut. Enjoy your meal!
Roast beef with cognac
- beef – 1 kg;
- garlic – 3-4 cloves;
- mustard – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Cognac – 2 tablespoons l .;
- salt – 1st.l. no slides;
- ground black pepper – 1 tsp;
- honey – 1 tbsp .;
- sunflower oil – 3 tbsp.
Cooking time: 60-80 minutes.
Caloric content: 175 kcal per 100 g of product.
The meat is washed, cut off the film and stuffed with garlic. Then the piece should be rubbed with pepper and salt..
For the marinade it is necessary to mix mustard, honey and cognac. Roast beef dip in marinade and leave for 2 hours.
After that, the meat is poured over with sunflower oil, wrapped in foil and put in an oven heated to 250 ° C for 10 minutes, after which the temperature is reduced to 150 ° C and baked for 40 minutes. The finished roast beef is removed from the oven and left for 30 minutes. Roast beef ready, bon appetit!
Marinated roast beef
- beef – 3 kg;
- salt – 1 tbsp. no slides;
- onions – 1 pc;
- crushed celery – 1 tsp;
- chopped parsley – 1 tsp;
- ground bay leaf – 1 tsp;
- pepper (allspice, red, black) – 1 tbsp .;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
Cooking time: 100-120 minutes.
Calorie: 173 kcal per 100 grams of product.
To cook roast beef in marinade, the meat must be washed, if possible, remove the bones, cut off the film and wrap with thread. In a separate bowl, mix the salt and peppers (it is best to use freshly ground), add finely chopped onion, celery, bay leaf and parsley to the spices. Add vegetable oil to spices and mix marinade thoroughly..
Beef must be rubbed with the resulting marinade, put in an enameled bowl and left for 24 hours to marinate the meat..
The next day, get a fragrant piece, put it on a baking sheet and put in a preheated oven. Bake at 250 ° C for 15 minutes, then reduce power and bake at 150 ° C for another 60-110 minutes.
The finished dish is removed from the oven and allowed to rest for 20 minutes, then served on the table.
Enjoy your meal!