All lovers of sweets, as well as those who love to bake this sweet, definitely know what ganache is and how to cook it. There are also those people who have never heard such a name. That is why the following will be discussed about this interesting element of cooking, as well as recipes for its preparation.
It is known that for the first time this sweet addition to dishes was prepared in France, and that recipe included only three main ingredients – classic dark chocolate, cream and butter. Depending on the purpose, the ganache can be either thicker or more liquid..
|Bitter chocolate (60% or more) –||200 g|
|Cream (fat content 35%) –||120 g – 200 g|
|Butter –||50 g|
|Icing sugar (optional) –||1 tbsp.|
|Time for preparing: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 225 Kcal|
How to make ganache (step by step):
- First you need to prepare the chocolate, namely breaking it into pieces;
- Pour the cream into a small deep vessel, after which it is necessary to warm them up in a water bath and not bring them to a boil;
- When the cream is ready, they need to add chocolate and leave it to melt in the cream for about 5-7 minutes (sometimes it may take more time);
- After the chocolate and cream turn into a homogeneous mass, they should be well whipped with a whisk;
- Pour the icinged sugar into the chocolate mass and whisk it again with a whisk, after which the sweet mass must be cooled;
- Add butter to the cooled chocolate cream, then knead for a few minutes until smooth..
Other cooking options for ganache
In addition to the classic recipe of this chocolate mousse, there are many others that are perfect for a variety of delicacies, responding to all the taste preferences of sweets. And one of these recipes is ganache with the addition of rum..
Recipe number 1 – Ganache with rum, where you need the following:
|What do you need||How much|
|Bitter chocolate||250 gr|
|Rum (can be replaced by brandy)||1 tbsp.|
Cooking a rum recipe takes only 15-20 minutes, and the caloric content of the product per 100 grams will be about 357 kcal.
Step by step preparation:
- As usual, you need to start with chocolate: it should be broken into small pieces;
- Put the cream in a container that can be heated in a water bath. Cream must be boiled and immediately removed from the heat;
- In the hot cream pour chocolate slices, then beat both ingredients until smooth;
- In the last turn, you can add rum (or brandy), and then mix the chocolate mass well again. Ganache, prepared according to this recipe, is ideal for coating the cake.
Along with the classic recipe, you can make a sweet creamy mass, where not white dark chocolate will be used.
Recipe number 2 – Ganache made from white chocolate, which will require the following products:
|What is required||How much|
|White chocolate||200 gr|
|Flavoring or Dye||At the discretion of|
This delicacy is prepared fairly quickly – no more than 20 minutes. Caloric value of the product will be about 280 kcal per 100 grams.
How to make ganache for this recipe:
- Pour the cream into a suitable dish, put it on a fire or water bath, then gradually bring to a boil;
- Remove the boiling cream from the heat, add white chocolate slices to them, gradually knead both ingredients using a whisk or a mixer to make a homogeneous mass;
- Send the resulting creamy chocolate mass in the fridge to cool it;
- White chocolate can be used as a coating for cakes..
Some facts and cooking tips
Ganache was invented 150 years ago, but over the years, its basic recipe has never changed: only cream, chocolate and butter are always used. If desired, the recipe can be supplemented with other ingredients – powdered sugar, brandy or rum, add coconut milk to the cream or replace dark chocolate with white or milky, but in general the three main ingredients never change..
The classic method of preparation (as in the first recipe) does not contain sugar, so the taste of this delicacy will turn out to be creamy and at the same time spicy, since bitter chocolate will give it a bitterness.
Ganache, in the recipe of which rum is used, can be left in the refrigerator for a while until it freezes, then whisk it with a whisk and decorate the cake with the help of a pastry syringe. In this case, the delicious chocolate mass will be very airy and light..
If ganache is prepared exclusively to cover the cakes, then it is best to use it immediately after preparation. And if you want to make a filling out of it, you must leave it in the refrigerator for 12 hours..
Chocolate for ganache must be broken into cubes or small slices. This will ensure a more even distribution in hot creams. If desired, you can grate the chocolate grated, then it will melt faster and evenly distributed.
It should be remembered that ganache retains its glossy shine only if it is used even when hot. When the mass cools, it gets a matte shade.