In cooking, there are a large number of fish dishes. One of the most delicious are those prepared from the “royal” species of these inhabitants of rivers and lakes. Due to its unusual taste, the demand for them has always been and remains consistently high, so some breeds have become rare.
Despite the high cost, any hostess should know a few recipes so that at a solemn event a “signature” dish should be served, which will be appreciated by all guests..
Tsar’s fish is what?
The color of the fibers is white, the structure is delicate, the bones are large and their number is insignificant, so you can easily get fillets for cooking various dishes..
River royal fish is considered to be noble species. Their names and habitats are:
- Sturgeon (Volga, rivers of Siberia, the Baltic basin);
- Sterlet (Irtysh and other rivers of Siberia);
- Beluga (Volga, Kama, Danube, Dnieper);
- Sevruga (Volga, Don, Terek);
- Belorybitsa (Volga);
Also a worthy place is occupied in this category tench and red mullet. They feed royal breeds with small fish, insects, protozoa.
|royal fish whole (sturgeon or sterlet) –||2-3 kg|
|white mushrooms –||550 g|
|fresh carrots and onions –||2 pcs.|
|vegetable oil –||7 tbsp.|
|cream –||125 ml|
|pepper and coriander –||taste|
|lemon –||1 PC.|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 325 Kcal|
You can surprise and delight guests by preparing fish like royal.
- Peel and chop the mushrooms, fry them in the pan (until the liquid disappears);
- Peel and chop the onions and carrots (you can rub the carrots), add to the mushrooms and simmer another 5-7 minutes;
- Add cream to stewed vegetables, add salt and seasonings, mix and continue stewing the dot readiness of all the ingredients;
- Wash and cut a lemon (on rings, half rings or quarters);
- Fish scale, gut, rinse, but the tail and head is not cut off;
- Also, the carcass will need to be salted, add seasonings, put sliced lemon slices (evenly);
- Put stewed vegetables in the belly, fix the edges with threads or toothpicks so that the filling does not fall out;
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and send fish wrapped in foil into it for 60 minutes;
- After that, open the foil, sprinkle the dish evenly with vegetable oil, increase the oven temperature to 200 g;
- Continue cooking until a golden crisp crust forms on the product (about 1 more hour).
Serve the fish on a platter or tray, cut into portions, but without destroying the overall composition, decorate with fresh greens.
Fish “Tsar” with cheese and bell pepper
This dish is very tasty and aromatic. Great for both family dinner and ceremonial reception. Ingredients include:
- Fish fillet (noble species in priority) – 1 kg;
- Onion – 2 pcs;
- Cheese – 100 g;
- Pepper (Bulgarian) – 1 pc;
- Tomato – 1 pc;
- Mayonnaise – 200 g;
- Spices suitable for fish – to taste.
Cooking time – 55 minutes.
Calories per 100 g – 296 kcal.
The recipe for cooking fish royally in the oven:
- Rinse the fillet, cut it into portions;
- Peel the onions, cut into rings, add seasoning to the mayonnaise, salt;
- Put in the prepared mixture of fish, mix;
- Leave for 15 minutes in a cool place (a refrigerator is best suited for this purpose);
- Put the foil on a baking sheet, brush with a little vegetable oil, put evenly prepared fish and onions;
- Cut the tomato into rings and place on top of the fish;
- Pepper cut into strips and also add to the fish next layer;
- Apply a layer of mayonnaise;
- Rub cheese and sprinkle on top;
- Heat the oven to 200 g, then close the fillet with foil and bake for 30 minutes..
Serve with fresh vegetables, herbs and boiled potatoes.
Baked fish royally with dill
To make this tasty and appetizing dish you will need a set of the following ingredients:
- Royal fish fillet (white meat) – 1 kg;
- Onions – 2 pcs;
- Dill – 100 g;
- Rice – 100 g;
- Mushrooms – 100 g;
- Mayonnaise – 120 g;
- Salt and seasonings to taste.
Cooking time – 40 minutes.
Calories per 100 g – 290 kcal.
- Rinse fish fillets, cut into portions;
- Grate with spices and salt;
- Boil rice until cooked;
- Peel and chop the mushrooms into small pieces, fry in a pan until cooked;
- Peel, chop the onion, add to the mushrooms, simmer on low heat;
- Chop dill and add to vegetables, then add mayonnaise, mix;
- Put fish, rice and vegetables on the foil;
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, wrap the dish in foil and place on baking (30 minutes).
Serve the fish in portions. Add fresh vegetables and greens.
In order for the royal fish to turn out not just delicious, but perfect, it is recommended to follow simple tips that will help add flavor, spice and tenderness to the dish:
- In order to guarantee to serve on the table a fully baked fish (if it is used entirely), it is required to make shallow cuts on it;
- To enhance the taste and aroma, it is best to lubricate the carcass with spices and salt, not only outside, but also inside;
- After applying the seasonings, it is best to let the fish soak in them for at least 20 minutes – this will enhance the taste of the finished dish, make it saturated;
- Lemon juice is recommended to be used when there is a desire to give the dish a sour taste..
Also, for the preparation of dishes from the king’s fish, it is best to use the main ingredient immediately after purchase (or catch), so the fish will turn out more tender. Thus, it is possible today to enjoy delicious dishes worthy of the royal table, using recipes and showing imagination in serving.