Many housewives are actively using recipes for making pies and other pastries not only based on milk, kefir and other dairy products, but also with water. Dough on the water is the best option for a lean dish, less costly, it can always be made for easier baking, if each calorie counts.
Especially on the eve of fasting, the question of tasty and acceptable baking is quite acute, so you should pay attention to the fast light baking. In all the options below, the base is water, the difference is in the cooking time. For example, for a quick result, it is better to choose a yeast-free version, for fried pies, it is better to choose a recipe for dough with yeast.
|flour –||1200 g|
|warm boiled water –||700 ml|
|sugar –||150 g|
|dry yeast –||22 g (two packs)|
|sunflower or butter –||50 ml|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 230 Kcal|
This version of pies is very famous. By preparing the base in this way, you can be sure of a good result..
- Pour all the water into a deep container or pan; it should not be very hot. Water mixed with sugar, a few spoons of flour and yeast. Mix thoroughly, leave without drafts for half an hour;
- Periodically check, as soon as bubbles appear at the top, add sifted flour. It is important to sprinkle it gradually, in small portions, knead not too fast;
- When the dough is more uniform, add butter.
From this variant of the dough, pies can be made in the oven or fry in oil.
Dough without yeast to bake in the oven
For baked pastries from the oven, the perfect dough without yeast is perfect. This cooking option can be called the simplest of ingredients. For cooking you will need:
- flour – 1100 g;
- warm water – 800 ml;
- sugar – 2 tbsp. l;
- chicken egg – 2 protein.
Total time – 60 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams – 216 kcal.
Preparation consists of 2 simple steps:
- Water should be boiled, but not hot. Introduce flour into water, gradually in small portions, thoroughly knead until homogeneous;
- Add the egg, knead well again. Leave the mixture for 15-30 minutes.
This option does not require much time and food for cooking, and baked pies in the oven will be airy, low-calorie..
If you need to make baking very quickly, then this option will be on hand to many hostesses. Ingredients in the most simple and common:
- flour – 900 g;
- water – 3.5 cups;
- drinking soda – 2 large pinches;
- egg – 1 protein.
Total time – 35-40 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams – 207 kcal.
- Mix flour with soda, pre-sift it 1-2 times;
- Make a slide with a hole and gradually pour in water;
- When the texture becomes more uniform, add an egg. Stir until smooth and completely free of lumps..
You can cook pastries immediately, without waiting for time. This dough is perfect for use not only for pies in butter, but also donuts.
Dough based on mineral water or soda water
A lot of housewives like the recipe for pies on mineral water, because the baking turns out to be light, does not get stale for a long time. By this principle, you can cook both fried and baked pies..
- mineral water – 550 ml;
- high-speed yeast – 17 g (one and a half packs of 11 g each);
- chicken egg – 1 protein;
- oil – 30 ml;
- flour – 1000 g.
Total time – 120 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams – 245 kcal.
- To flour pour mineral water, add yeast, oil;
- Add the egg, mix thoroughly. For ripening it is necessary to put the mixture in a warm place without drafts, for half an hour – an hour. During this time, the volume will increase in size by almost 2 times.
This option is suitable not only as pies, it can be used as a base for pizza, donuts or pies.
Dough without eggs
When in the kitchen there is almost nothing for baking, and you want delicious homemade cakes, you should take note of the following option:
- flour – 750 g;
- water – 350 ml;
- yeast – 12 g.
Total time – 60 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams – 220 kcal.
- Sift flour, preferably 2-3 times, mix it with yeast;
- Pour in warm water, knead thoroughly, leave for 30-40 minutes.
According to this recipe, you can make both pies with a sweet filling, and with meat. It is possible that some more flour may be needed, depending on its properties and quality. If you replace the yeast with soda, you can cook cheburechnoe dough.
- Since the ingredients do not always have the same properties, it must be borne in mind that when cooking you may need a little more or less flour. The main thing is that the dough should be tough, not too thin or heavy, it should not stick to the hands;
- When forming pies, you can make a container with cold water in advance and wet your hands so that the mixture does not stick;
- Any piece of yeast loves “rest”, that is, the pies will be more lush if you leave the dough for half an hour – an hour;
- When using yeast dough, it is better to add a little sugar or lime honey, since the presence of glucose has a positive effect on the activity of yeast fungi;
- Dough products with water harden much faster than with milk or kefir, therefore it is necessary to store pastries in paper bags, towels or in cellophane.
These cooking options have a lot of advantages: they do not need many ingredients, they are in almost every kitchen, the technology is simple and does not require additional skills, so any housewife will cope with this culinary task.