In our country, solyanka is a special dish. It is often cooked in the winter and with anything: put various types of meat, experimenting with sour ingredients, come up with unusual additives to it.
|chicken broth –||600 ml|
|bacon –||40 g|
|boiled beef tongue –||260 g|
|smoked bacon –||140g|
|smoked beef –||35 g|
|smoked sausages –||150 g|
|olive oil –||15 ml|
|oil “Peasant” –||15 g|
|tomato paste –||50 g|
|capers –||10 g|
|olives –||6-7 pieces.|
|pickled and pickled cucumbers –||on 45 g|
|lemon, fresh greens, sour cream –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 98 Kcal|
It is good to add brine to the hodgepodge, whether it is cabbage or cucumber. And finally, olives, they are needed to give this first dish a sharply salty taste. The same role is performed by capers..
How to cook:
- Onion peel and cut into half rings. In a heavy skillet, heat the olive and butter, stirring, fry the onions for 5 minutes, add the tomato and fry until the vegetable is ready.
- Cucumbers chop into straws, put on the bottom of a saucepan, pour a little water and sprinkle on a vegetable.
- Slice the olives into rings, the meat ingredients into cubes. Last mix.
- Bring broth to a boil, put fried onions, cucumbers, capers, olives, cold cuts, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, add brine, salt to taste, pepper.
- The finished dish is poured into plates, season with fresh herbs, a slice of lemon. Sour cream put on the table separately.
Tip: if there are meat cuts after the holiday feast, you can use them for soup.
Beef broth recipe
It does not matter which one to take the broth, the main thing is to make it saturated. Therefore, the meat is better to take with a bone.
You will need:
- 0.7 kg of pork beef;
- 0.2 kg ham cooked smoked;
- 0.2 kg smoked chicken breast;
- 0.2 kg of half-smoked hunting sausages;
- 0.2 kg of pork;
- 0.2 kg cooked smoked bacon;
- 100 g fresh carrots;
- 150 grams of pickled cucumbers;
- 60 g of tomato;
- 1 handful of capers;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- 2 leaves of laurel;
- 8 olives;
- half lemon.
If you like vegetables, you will love the hodgepodge with chicken and cabbage.
The recipe for nourishing solyanka with potatoes for the whole family can be found here..
An interesting taste has a hodgepodge with sauerkraut, here you can see the recipe.
Cooking takes 1 hour 30 minutes.
Caloric content: 89 kcal.
- For soup, it is important to choose a good beef and boil broth out of it. Ready meat to take out of the broth, cut into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet and fry the finely chopped smoked meats until golden brown.
- Fry finely chopped onion in butter, add carrots, tomato puree and then about 5 minutes.
- In the broth send the slices of beef, all the smoked meat, sliced cucumbers, bay leaf, capers. Season with pepper, add salt to taste..
- Add steamed vegetables, cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with chopped greens, lemon slice and black olives..
Advice: how to chop meat products is only a matter of personal preference, like a more homogeneous soup, chop meat finely.
Georgian solyanka with smoked meats
To add piquant acid, tomato paste is put into the grill. It is an essential ingredient of solyanka..
- 0.8 kg of beef pulp;
- 3 white onions;
- 800 ml of broth;
- 1 glass of dry white wine;
- 20 g of flour;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. soft mustard + 1 tbsp tomato;
- 1 salted cucumber;
- to taste spices.
Cooking time: 1.5 hours. One serving contains 97 kcal..
How to cook:
- Beef pulp cut into strips, fry in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, stew for another couple of minutes. Introduce flour, mix and pour in wine..
- Season the meat with onion spices by adding mustard with tomato paste..
- Pour broth into a frying pan and simmer over low heat until cooked beef. At the end of cooking, chopped cucumber is added to the broth.
Tip: Spice the spices in a hot skillet before adding to the soup, then they will smell sweet..
We add olives for refined taste
Acidify the dish usually with a slice of lemon. This is the best way. Also in the finished first dish you can squeeze the juice from the lemon. When serving, put 2 slices of lemon on a dish.
You will need:
- 250 g boiled sausage;
- 2 tsp. capers;
- 0.3 kg of smoked meat;
- 2 smoked sausages;
- 8-9 olives;
- 1 lemon;
- 30 grams of tomato;
- 1 onion;
- 30-40 ml of refined oil;
- to taste put greens, bay leaf, salt.
Required cooking time: 40 min. The portion contains 98 kcal.
- Heat oven to 200ºC. Cut the meat ingredients into cubes, place in a heat-resistant pan and send for 10 minutes. in the oven.
- Peel the onions, chop and fry until transparent in a skillet with oil. When the vegetable is ready, add the tomato.
- Put meat products, onions with tomato, salt in hot water saucepan.
- Add capers, greens, olives. Cook over low heat, remove the pan from the burner and leave for 15 minutes..
- Serve the soup with a slice of lemon, season with sour cream if desired..
Tip: many housewives add vinegar instead of lemon, but this is a completely different taste, we do not recommend.
In the video – a recipe for a quick solyanka with smoked meats and olives:
Chicken & Smoked Meal Recipe
A rich and thick solyanka is good because it satisfies hunger and warms in the cold. We offer recipe for solyanka with smoked chicken.
You will need:
- 1 onion;
- 25 ml of vegetable oil;
- to taste fresh greens;
- 2 fresh carrots;
- 1.5 liters of chicken broth;
- 4 cucumbers (salted);
- 20 g of tomato;
- 2 chicken legs (cooked smoked);
- 10 olives (pitted).
Required for cooking: 1 hour. Portion of solyanka contains 99 kcal.
- Peel the onions, cut into cubes, grate carrots. Put sliced vegetables in a frying pan heated with vegetable oil, salt and pepper and fry.
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan, chop the cucumbers into strips..
- When the vegetables in the pan redden, add tomato paste, mix well and pour 100 ml of broth.
- Put cucumbers chopped olives into the pan with the remaining broth.
- Cut the flesh from the legs. Fry the shift to the pan, add the chopped meat. To stew a hodgepodge on the stove, setting the average temperature, 10 minutes is enough.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices, finely chop the greens. Pour the hodgepodge in a plate, decorate with a lemon slice and fresh herbs.
A large amount of salt changes the taste of solyanka is not at all for the better. How to reanimate the salted dish:
- First aid – add a little boiled water to the hodgepodge. It will be saved from salting, but the flavor of the dish will suffer..
- We recommend a more complex option: while the hodgepodge is being cooked, add additional products to it. You can put more vegetables – when the volume of the dish increases, the salt concentration will definitely decrease..
- If the salty taste is felt when the hodgepodge is poured into slices, do not rush to pour. Add more chopped herbs and sour cream to the dish.
In the video – one of the best recipes for making solyanka: