“French Salad” sounds promising! The French, as the kings of high cuisine, are well versed in all areas of cooking. Salads are no exception. They are all so different, but very juicy, bright and useful..
|eggs –||4 things.|
|hard cheese –||160g|
|carrots –||2 pcs.|
|mayonnaise –||90 ml|
|apples –||2 pcs.|
|bulbs –||1 PC.|
|Time for preparing: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 166 Kcal|
- Remove the onion from the husk and chop it very finely, then scald it with boiling water to remove the bitterness;
- After that, put one part of the onion in a deep salad bowl as the first layer, apply a little mayonnaise;
- Peel the carrots and coarsely grate them, lay them out half as a second layer. Salt to taste, put mayonnaise again;
- Washed sweet-sour apples should be freed from the core and peel, the pulp should also be grated and put on top of the carrot, on top of a thin layer of mayonnaise;
- Cook eggs until hard yolk, then cool and wet clean. Two eggs immediately rub in the salad as the next layer, white sauce again on top;
- Grate half of the cheese on top as another layer;
- Then repeat all the layers from the remaining ingredients: onions, carrots, apples, eggs, cheese. The layer of mayonnaise is also repeated. Decorate with greens.
Bonjour from the heart of France
- 10 ml of honey;
- 60 g of arugula;
- 60 g of hard cheese with nuts;
- 25 ml of olive oil;
- 1 small beets;
- 7 g French mustard.
Time – 35 minutes.
Calories – 196.
How to cook French salad “Bonjour”:
- Wash the arugula leaves, remove the moisture, tear them into comfortable pieces and immediately transfer them to a salad bowl;
- Mustard mixed with olive oil, add honey and any spices as desired;
- Cheese cut into small cubes;
- A small beet must be washed and cooked, then the peel should be removed, and the flesh cut into the same small pieces;
- Add cheese and beets to arugula, dress the whole salad with an oily dressing. Decorate with mint leaves, if desired..
French Mistress salad recipe
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 160 ml of water;
- 1 carrot;
- 70 g of walnuts;
- 5 g sugar;
- 1 onion;
- 70 g raisins;
- 120 g of hard cheese;
- 15 ml of vinegar 9%;
- 140 ml yoghurt without additives.
Time – 30 minutes.
Calories – 160.
- Boil the chicken fillet in water with salt and laurel leaf, then let it cool down;
- Chilled meat cut into small cubes;
- Grate grated carrots for Korean carrots or on an ordinary fine grater;
- Peel and chop the onion, then pickle it for ten minutes in vinegar and sugar, then drain the marinade;
- Raise the raisins with hot water for ten minutes, too, so that it swells, and then drain the water and wipe away the moisture;
- Grind a handful of walnuts in a blender or meat grinder, you can just beat off with a rolling pin through a towel;
- Grate cheese;
- Yogurt salt and add any seasoning. For example, black pepper, coriander, spicy herbs;
- Put ingredients in layers in a deep salad bowl or in a culinary ring: first chicken, then onions and some yogurt sauce, then raisins, carrots and again some sauce, nuts and cheese. Let stand for an hour.
Beauty is a terrible power!
- 1 apple;
- 3 g ground cinnamon;
- 30 g of oatmeal;
- 45 ml of cold boiled milk;
- 80 ml of water;
- 10 ml of lemon juice;
- 15 ml of honey.
Time – 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Calories – 78.
How to cook a French beauty salad:
- Pour oatmeal with water at room temperature and let them swell for one hour;
- Wash the washed apple from the core and the stem, grate the flesh on a coarse grater or cut into small cubes;
- Lemon juice is desirable to squeeze directly into the salad, but you can use citric acid with water;
- The excess water from the flakes is drained, in the same bowl add cinnamon, apple, lemon juice, milk, honey. To mix everything;
- Optionally add seasonal berries or dried fruits, for example, dried apricots.
French Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 6 olives;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 160 g of tuna in oil;
- 70 ml of olive oil;
- 3 eggs;
- 7 ml of wine vinegar;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 220 g of green string beans;
- 3 sweet bulbs;
- 8 basil leaves;
- 1 bunch of lettuce leaves;
- 8 pcs anchovy fillets;
- 0.5 pieces of sweet red pepper.
Time – 25 minutes.
Calories – 104.
- In a separate small bowl, combine olive oil, wine vinegar, favorite seasonings. Add the garlic passed through the press and mix. Preferably, pre-olive oil is heated;
- Basil leaves washed and finely chopped, add to the dressing, stir and leave;
- Beans (maybe frozen) should be dipped in boiling water for five minutes, then pulled out and rinsed with ice water;
- A bunch of lettuce leaves to disassemble into separate leaves, rinse all of them, tear hands into small pieces and put in a salad bowl;
- Washed tomatoes cut into several pieces to make neat slices;
- On the same slices or “boats” it is necessary to cut the eggs, cooked to a state of solid yolk;
- Peel the bulbs and cut them into quarter-rings;
- Washed olives cut in half;
- Wash the sweet pepper, pull out the stalk with seeds, cut the flesh itself into strips;
- Anchovies rinse under cold running water;
- Lettuce leaves mixed with onions, tomatoes, peppers and beans, you can simply put them in several layers in a salad bowl;
- Pour over olive dressing;
- Top with tuna and anchovies, eggs, olives. Add spices and it is desirable to sprinkle all a small amount of lemon juice.
The French always cook only from the highest quality products, preferably homemade. And rightly so: not only health, but also the great taste of the future dish depends on it. Whatever salad you choose, all its ingredients must be top notch.
Mayonnaise is best done by yourself. It is much tastier and more natural, moreover, you can use different spices, types of oils, eggs, vinegar, etc. Preparation takes only five minutes, and the result instantly transforms any dish for the better. This sauce is much softer and has a deep taste, does not contain various preservatives..
In all of these recipes, where there is a carrot, it goes raw. When cooking salad is very important that it was not tough. To avoid this, it is better to buy a small carrot, juicy, without tops. The plant takes a lot of vitamins and juice from the root. A large carrot indicates a fodder variety, which is distinguished not only by its worst taste, but also by its incredible hardness..
The French are very fond of spices, but always add them in moderation. For sweeter salads, where there is, for example, an apple or raisins, you can add a little nutmeg. In various dressings, you can safely put a pinch of oregano, Provencal or Italian herbs, basil, etc. It doesn’t spoil the taste..
When cooking fillets, in addition to the usual spices, you can add a sprig of rosemary and a slice of lemon. Or more familiar root vegetables, for example, kohlrabi. Meat will absorb all these tastes. It is important to let it cool in the broth so that it remains juicy and does not wither. The broth itself can be used after and as an independent dish, and as a basis for any gravy, soup, sauce.
Meat must be taken fresher and only fresher. Otherwise there is a risk of serious poisoning and simply spoiled food. When buying chicken fillet, it is important to examine it and touch, smell, find out the date of production. Good meat does not smell, does not lie in the water or in the blood, is quite elastic, does not crawl when pressed, does not have dark spots or dry sides. It has a very short shelf life..
Olive oil is better to take extra virgin. It maintains the maximum benefit of the olive, it’s not worthwhile to heat it up. If you use olive oil for frying, it is better to take a different look, and for salads to prefer it extra virgin. Of course, such a real oil is not cheap, but it pays for itself with support for the whole body..
French salads amaze with their variety and incredibly successful combination of tastes. And tender, and juicy, and colorful, and crispy, and fragrant – each recipe deserves attention.