Homemade cake – always a decoration of a family feast.
Despite the huge selection of sweets in the assortment of stores, it is sometimes pleasant to cook a delicate juicy cake on your own..
Children adore the tortoise cake – its recipe is simple and looks very funny and fancy.
The turtle figurine will delight any child, and the mother will appreciate the ease of its preparation..
|the eggs –||6 pieces.|
|flour –||2 glasses|
|soda –||1 tsp.|
|sugar –||1 cup|
|cocoa –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|some vinegar –||extinguish soda|
|cream butter –||100 g|
|cream for cream –||800 g|
|condensed milk for cream –||200 g|
|icing milk –||3 tbsp. spoons|
|icing butter –||50 g|
|chocolate for icing –||50 g|
|Time for preparing: 240 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 368 Kcal|
- First, let’s do the dough, so that later, when it is standing in the oven, calmly do the preparation of the cream. Before you start, turn on the oven at 200 degrees so that it warms up well. Also, remove the butter from the refrigerator while you are cooking; it will stay warm and soften..
- Beat eggs with a mixer in a lush foam. We begin to gradually pour in the sugar, without stopping the beating, so that the sugar is evenly dissolved in the dough. Beat up until the proteins thicken in a rather dense mousse..
- Also gradually add flour mixed with cocoa. Last pour soda with vinegar or lemon juice. We advise you to beat the chicken eggs as well as possible – the dough will be more magnificent. The consistency of the finished dough should resemble village sour cream..
- Cover the baking sheet with foil or baking paper and lightly grease with butter. Put a dough in separate small pancakes with a teaspoon and set for 5-8 minutes to bake. Bake in this way until the dough runs out..
- From ready-made “pancakes” put 6 pieces on the turtles legs, head and tail, and a few more on the decoration of the shell, if you do not decide to decorate the turtle with fresh fruit.
- In the breaks, while portions of cookies are baked, we start to prepare the cream: beat the softened butter with a mixer, again gradually adding sugar, and then sour cream. A light fluffy mass should be formed.
- Dip each cake in the cream for a moment so that it is all smeared and then put it on the dish. Put the next one edge on the edge of the previous one, and so in layers, narrowing the diameter, until you get a slide in the shape of a turtle shell.
- The mini-biscuits left in advance should also be dipped into the cream and laid out like paws, tail and head. If you want to add nuts to the cake – lay them between layers of biscuits. Nuts are soaked with cream and become even tastier. After that, put the cake in the fridge for 1-2 hours..
- Next, prepare the icing: melt a piece of butter with chocolate in a water bath, pour in a few spoons of milk for taste..
- Warm the glaze on the recipe with a torte over the top of the cake with sour cream and let it cool. You can use white chocolate – in the same way, melt it in a water bath, then dial into a pastry syringe and draw a pattern imitating a shell on a dark glaze.
The embodiment of the idea of making a tortoise cake according to the original, but rather simple, recipe is shown in the video story below..
If you have children, they will also be interested to see, and then together with you to make a funny cake, maybe even complementing with some ideas of your own..
Summer version of the tortoise cake
When summer comes, a huge amount of fresh fruits and berries appear..
This is the perfect time to pamper yourself with fresh juicy varieties of sweets by preparing a recipe for homemade tortoise cake..
Some hostesses gave him the name – the Emerald Turtle, as the recipe for the cake is decorated with kiwi and really becomes like an emerald..
Ingredients for cream:
- Kiwi 3 pieces;
- strawberry 200 gr.
The dough and cream are prepared exactly the same as indicated in the previous recipe..
Wash the strawberries, dry and, finely chopped, add to the cream.
Put the baked cakes from the dough, smeared with cream, pour the icing.
Peel kiwi and cut into thin slices, gently spread over the glaze.
Your tortoise cake will have a pleasant fruity taste and original bright color..
Step-by-step recipe for making a tortoise cake with meringue
In this interpretation, the cake is not made from mini test cakes, but from meringues..
- proteins – 6 pieces;
- sugar – 200 grams;
- milk – half a cup.
- boiled condensed milk – a jar;
- walnuts optional.
For the glaze:
- butter – 50 g;
- milk – half a cup;
- sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and whisk well to a thick, dense foam. Dissolve sugar in milk. To do this, heat a half cup of milk in a saucepan and add sugar, stirring until completely dissolved. Add sugar to proteins in a spoon while whisking foam.
- Cover a baking sheet with tracing paper or parchment paper and a tablespoon of small amounts of whipped protein. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. The perfect meringue should be airy and easy to crumble..
- For cream, chop the walnuts in a blender or kitchen knife, mix with condensed milk. Put the finished meringue in a neat slide, smearing each layer with cream. For the final glaze, you can whip soft butter with milk and sugar. Grease the cake and refrigerate soak for an hour or two..
The cold makes the cake whole..
The cake takes on a solid shape, so it is easy to cut it into neat pieces..
Try, experiment, add your ingredients for the cream and decoration and enjoy the variety of taste!