Shrimp are loved all over the world. The Italians fry them in spicy garlic sauce with vodka, the Vietnamese right in their shell, roll in flour, fry until golden brown and eat with spicy chili sauce, the French bake a tender souffle of them, Hindus stew with coconut milk cream, the Japanese set up the production of ice cream with their taste, and the Chinese are called “drunk”, because they are dipping them alive in strong alcohol, waiting for them to get drunk and immediately eaten – here both the drink and the snack!
Types of shrimp
Marine crustaceans – shrimps – reach sizes from 2 to 35 centimeters. They live both in fresh water and in the waters of salty seas and oceans..
Today, there are about 2,500 species of shrimp in nature, however, they are divided conditionally by habitat – into warm-water, cold-water and, as mentioned above, living in fresh and salt water..
Shrimps eaten are classified into three subspecies (conditionally):
- Classic (different types, packaged in identical sizes);
How not to be mistaken when choosing mollusks?
What kind of shrimp are offered most often in stores to customers? True, cooked-frozen or fresh-frozen. The cost of fresh-frozen product is higher, because there are more useful substances and vitamins. These tasty arthropods can be sold in two ways – by weight or in packages..
On the one hand, buying a packaged product is safer – you can read on the packaging by whom, when and where the product was produced, its weight, shelf life and other information about the product. However, packaging can sometimes become an obstacle in order to carefully examine its contents. And yet it should be done.
For example, if there is a lot of ice in the package or even more snow, this indicates that the temperature regime was disturbed during storage, and the product was simply re-frozen.
Often unscrupulous manufacturers to visually increase the size of the shrimp and increase the weight of the goods artificially freeze ice on it. So if the packaging is arranged in such a way that it is impossible to consider what is inside, it is better to choose another manufacturer..
Do not be afraid of shrimp with a green head – the arthropod fed on plankton, but the brown-headed individual is just a female with caviar.
But the “crustaceans” with black heads should be ignored – this is already a poor-quality product, which was thawed, and then again maliciously froze.
Recipes for the most delicious seafood salads
|Chinese noodles of funchoz (can be replaced with ordinary noodles) –||100g|
|Minced chicken –||100g|
|Soy sauce –||1 tablespoon|
|Sour cream of low fat content (up to 15%) –||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon juice –||1 tablespoon|
|Large shrimp –||8-10 pieces|
|Chilli –||1 small|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 160 Kcal|
This salad is at the same time very unusual and easy to prepare..
Ready noodles (if the Chinese “glass”, you just need to follow the recommendations on the package, and if normal) boil until ready in boiling salted water, at the same time you can cook the shrimp also in salted water, then clean it, pre-cooled.
In a pan fry the mince without oil, add shrimps and greens to the same place. Cilantro is best suited. Prepare the sauce: mix sour cream, soy sauce, lemon juice, chopped chili pepper. Send the sauce to the pan with minced prawns and continue to simmer.
After waiting for the sauce to boil, add noodles to it, mix and simmer on low heat for 7 minutes. Serve the salad you need to warm, eat chopsticks.
Light salad “Breeze” with lettuce
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 300 grams of shrimp;
- Mix of lettuce leaves – 200 grams;
- Cherry tomatoes – 6-8 pieces;
- Avocado – 1 piece;
- For dressing: olive oil – 1 tbsp. spoon, mustard – 1 tsp. soy sauce – 1 tbsp. spoon, lemon juice – 2 tbsp. spoons, salt to taste.
Cook the shrimp in the traditional way, cool and peel. Wash, dry and pick some lettuce leaves..
Cut cherry tomatoes in half (do not chop), peeled avocado cut into small cubes.
Mix all the ingredients of the salad and dressing with sauce – olive oil, mustard, soy sauce. lemon juice and some salt. Mix.
Decorate with cheese chips if desired..
For mass events – banquets, receptions, just birthdays and meetings with friends, the requirements for the dishes are always the same – convenient serving ration, satiety and taste. All these qualities have a salad in tartlets with shrimps and chicken “Buffet”. 4 tartlets will require:
- Red caviar – 50 grams;
- King prawns – 60 grams;
- Boiled chicken – 100 grams;
- Fresh cucumber – 1 pc;
- Sand (not wafer) tartlets – 4 pieces;
- Egg – 1 pc;
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp. spoons.
Cut a boiled egg, cut into cubes a fresh cucumber, chop boiled chicken with a knife, cook and peel the shrimps, cut them into pieces.
Fold everything in a salad bowl, dress with mayonnaise, mix as usual salad. At the bottom of each of the tartlets put on a full teaspoon of red caviar, and then fill them up to the top with the resulting salad, top again with eggs. Buffet tartlets are ready. Enjoy your meal!
Smoothie – Lenten Salad with Rusks
Few know that shrimps are bloodless creatures, which means that they, like mussels and squid, are allowed to eat in fasting.
For such a lean salad you will need:
- Half a loaf of wheat;
- 300 grams of peeled shrimp;
- 1 lemon;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- To taste soy sauce;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 bunches of lettuce leaves.
The first step is to cook the marinade for shrimp. Mix vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon, soy sauce and 1 clove of garlic. This sauce needs to be poured over them. In this dish the size of the shrimp does matter.
Considering that after roasting they decrease, initially it is worth choosing a larger product. Now you need to fry the shrimps, you do not need to add oil to the pan, the marinade from them will be enough.
Rusks: Diced loaf and finely chopped garlic should be sent to a preheated pan, oiled. Fry until golden brown. You can also cook the crackers in the oven.
For salad dressing, mix butter with lemon juice..
Now mix salad greens with shrimps and crackers. Pour the sauce.
What are the benefits of shrimp?
- Starting a conversation about the properties of something, you should first start with the composition. Here, these seafood is all right. Still, there is hardly a product that simultaneously contains proteins, fats (no carbohydrates, which is very important!), Sodium, potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, iodine, manganese, cobalt, fluorine, and also vitamins A, C , E, H, PP. You do not need to be a professional nutritionist to conclude that this is indeed a very important product;
- It has been scientifically proven that regular consumption of shrimp helps to enhance immunity, reduce the incidence of colds and acute respiratory viral infections, improve the condition of hair, nails and skin;
- Allergy sufferers who, according to the recommendations of doctors, include this product in their diet, in the season of exacerbation of allergy, it is much easier to tolerate this period, and over time they generally get rid of their illness;
- Shrimps are a natural antioxidant, so they are enemies for overweight and people who are trying to get rid of it are actively using this property to their advantage;
- One of their savory properties has been known since ancient times – they produce testosterone, that is, increase potency, and in ancient Asia, men who are far from their spouses were forbidden to eat shrimp at all, so much is their property;
- Pregnant women for the treatment and prevention of anemia, maintaining hemoglobin levels at the proper level can safely eat shrimp without fear of harming the figure and the development of allergy in the baby.
After such an impressive list of useful properties of shrimp, you just can not not love them. Cook with them various dishes and, in particular, salads, and let them be the most delicious.!