Apples are one of the most affordable fruits in northern latitudes. They are unpretentious, grow almost everywhere, right up to the Arctic.
You can talk endlessly about their benefits. It is a natural source of health. They contain a lot of vitamin C. They tolerate transportation and storage..
Next, you will learn how to bake apples in the microwave and why baked fruit is so useful.
Useful properties of baked apple fruits
Fresh fruit, with all its undoubted benefits, have one drawback. They are quite irritating to the mucous membranes, especially the mouth and intestines..
In addition, fresh, fruits contain coarse fiber. It is poorly digested and causes flatulence..
For an adult healthy person, excess acid is not a problem. However, young children, pregnant and lactating women, people with digestive problems – it is better not to use these fruits in the raw state..
Baking apples is a great opportunity to benefit and minimize unpleasant consequences. During heat treatment, coarse fiber and fruit acid are destroyed. At the same time all useful properties and vitamins remain.
Heat-treated fruits help pregnant and lactating women to avoid bloating and cope with toxemia.
Apples – very low-calorie product. They can be used as a snack or a useful dessert. Or replace them with breakfast. And if you put cottage cheese in the stuffing, then this fruit will be an excellent alternative to dinner.
How many minutes bake them in the microwave
Traditionally, these fruits are baked in the oven. Then for this they began to use the oven, and modern housewives increasingly prefer the microwave oven.
Baking time in the microwave depends on many parameters:
- The size of the fruit – the larger it is, the longer the heat treatment will be;
- Sort of apples – if sour fruits are chosen for baking, then the time should be increased;
- The number and composition of the filling;
- Basic microwave power.
Usually, baking one medium, moderately sweet fruit with sugar takes from 5 to 10 minutes..
With an increase in the number of fruits – the time of heat treatment will also increase.
Recipes for Baked Apples in the Microwave
One of the main advantages of this wonderful dessert is a wide variety of fillings. It can be as the simplest products – sugar, honey, berries, and multi-component contents. For example, dried fruits with nuts and berries..
|Medium Sour Apple –||4 things.|
|Butter –||40 g|
|White or brown sugar –||40 g|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 102 Kcal|
Baked apples with sugar – one of the easiest ways to cook these fruits in the microwave and in the oven.
Preparation according to the recipe with a photo:
- Cut the fruit in half and gently remove the core and part of the pulp, you should get a small depression. Either do not cut it in half, but simply cut off the top and scrape the pulp with a spoon. It is possible both in this way and that way (see photo);
- Put butter in the hollows;
- Sprinkle sugar over the oil, it is better to take brown, it gives a pleasant aftertaste;
- Place the fruit covered with apple “caps” in a deep microwave oven, cover with a special lid (you can not cover) and bake for 5-7 minutes;
- Ready-made apples should be eaten hot until sugar caramel is frozen..
Useful dessert with cottage cheese, raisins and cinnamon
Stuffed apples can be not only a dessert, but also an excellent independent dish. Cottage cheese is good for filling.
It can be made sweet, salty or spicy. It will be tasty and satisfying..
Ingredients for 4 servings of baked apples with cottage cheese in the microwave:
- Medium sized sour apples – 4 pcs;
- Soft cottage cheese of high fat content – 200 g;
- White seedless raisins – 100 g;
- Cinnamon powder and brown sugar – to taste.
- Raise the raisins, rinse and steam with boiling water for 7-10 minutes;
- Curd wipe through a sieve;
- Steamed raisins, fold it in a colander and pat dry with a towel;
- Mix cottage cheese, raisins, sugar and cinnamon;
- In apples, cut the tops by about a quarter and carefully cut out the middle, should make a “cup”;
- To prevent the fruits from cracking during baking, poke the skins with a toothpick in several places;
- Fill the middle of the “cups” with the filling, close with the cut tops;
- Put the apples in a special container and bake them in the microwave oven for about 10 minutes;
- The finished dish should be a little cool, serve it, watering with sour cream, honey or jam;
- If you have a microwave at work, you can take such wonderful apples as a semi-finished product..
And you can bake them without cottage cheese. See the recipe in the video clip:
Fragrant delicacy with honey, almonds and dried apricots
From baked apples you can make a healthy dessert, it is permissible to eat during the diet and fasting. Almond nuts can be replaced with walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts.
Dried fruits can be any. Honey is best to take buckwheat or raznotravya – its a little tart taste is great for this stuffing.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Medium size sweet and sour apples – 4 pcs .;
- Buckwheat honey – 4 tbsp. l .;
- Almond Nuts – 50 g;
- Dried apricots – 100 g.
- First you need to thoroughly wash and soak dried apricots in boiling water;
- Almonds dip for a few seconds in boiling water, then carefully remove the skins;
- Soaked dried apricots and peeled almonds mince or chop with a blender;
- Mix nuts, dried fruit and honey;
- If honey is candied, then it can be slightly heated in a water bath, it will not affect the taste;
- Cut off the tops of the apples and carefully cut the core, the filling will be quite liquid and it should not leak out;
- Pin the skin with a toothpick or needle in several places;
- Fill apple cups with honey filling, close with a cut off top;
- Place the stuffed fruit in a deep microwave shape, cover with a suitable lid, cook at maximum power of 8-12 minutes;
- Serve on dessert plates, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Variants of stuffing for stuffing bulk apples
The above are examples of sweet toppings, but depending on the variety, culinary preferences and the availability of products, they can be very different: sweet, salty, spicy. Sour apples blend well with minced meat, and you can put other fruit into sweet ones..
- Cranberries with sugar or honey;
- Currants with sugar;
- Raisins with nuts and honey;
- Brown sugar with butter, cinnamon and vanilla;
- Pieces of pear;
- Any berry jam.
- Roasted minced meat with cheese;
- Chicken breast pieces with mozzarella;
- Salted cottage cheese with dill and tomatoes;
- Crushed Adyghe cheese with garlic and cilantro.
Your attention to the video plot on the preparation of baked apples with chocolate filling:
How to bake an apple in the microwave for a child
Pediatricians recommend starting the first feeding with apples. They do not cause allergies and are fairly neutral in taste..
However, when fresh, they can irritate tender tummies, causing colic. To avoid this, it is better to bake them. Microwave allows you to significantly speed up the process at minimum cost:
- Apple should be thoroughly washed with soap and a brush;
- Then it should be cut in half and core removed;
- Pour some boiled water into the baking container and cook at maximum power until soft;
- Completely sue the apple, take out the pulp, you can add a little sugar;
- Complementary feeding should start with one spoon, it is necessary to monitor the reaction of the child very carefully;
- For an older child, you can bake apples immediately with sugar.
Tips and tricks
Microwave baked apples are a great dessert, snack or main course. But when preparing them you should follow some rules:
- In the microwave, the product is heated unevenly: the tender flesh is faster than the dense skin. This leads to the fact that it cracks, the finished fruit can fall apart, and the filling to drain out. Before cooking, gently prick the skin with a needle or toothpick;
- Carefully consider the choice of dishes, ideal glass or plastic forms with a lid, especially for the microwave;
- Cooking time will depend on a combination of factors: the size and variety of apples, microwave power, filling. It can only be calculated empirically for your microwave oven.
Are you still wondering – is it possible to bake an apple in the microwave? We declare to you in chorus – you can and should!
Baked apples are a great and very fast dessert. A variety of fillings will satisfy any pick. They are eaten with pleasure by both adults and children, on weekdays and on holidays – they are ideally suited to any table..
Try another recipe for which you do not need to stuff the fruit. It will be a wonderful breakfast! Watch the video:
- 1 Useful properties of baked apple fruits
- 2 How many minutes bake them in the microwave
- 3 Recipes for Baked Apples in the Microwave
- 4 Variants of stuffing for stuffing bulk apples
- 5 How to bake an apple in the microwave for a child
- 6 Tips and tricks