White cabbage can be stewed, make soups from it, make salads and bake. With a little culinary fantasy, you can cook a lot of various dishes from one head of cabbage..
The subtleties of cooking white cabbage
White cabbage is well-stored and inexpensive, but it has a number of features that must be considered when cooking dishes..
Subtleties of cooking:
- The taste of fresh cabbage salad is easy to change, if the chopped vegetable is poured with boiling water, left on the table, then poured into a colander and slightly squeezed. It will become more tender and soft, without a tart taste;
- White cabbages, ripening closer to winter, are very dense and taut in their structure, useful only for stewing or pickling;
- Cabbage ripening in spring or early summer is very well suited for salads and green soups;
- When cooking in this vegetable, the beneficial properties are almost completely preserved. And even in salted vegetables, vitamin C is preserved. And it can also be eaten fresh, as opposed to Brussels or broccoli.
We offer to consider some recipes for hot first and second courses of white cabbage. We hope you will like our selection.
|any meat –||0.5 kg|
|cabbage –||half head|
|bulbs –||1 PC.|
|parsley root –||1 PC.|
|a tomato –||2 pcs.|
|potato –||2 pcs.|
|oils –||50 g|
|Lavrushki –||2 leaves|
|salt and pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 240 Kcal|
Cabbage soups are simply indispensable. They provide the body with fiber and vitamins..
Description of the cooking process:
Step 1. Place a pot of meat on the stove and boil the broth. 60 minutes after the start of cooking, remove the meat and strain the broth if necessary..
Step 2. Put chopped cabbage into the pan, add boiled onion and parsley after boiling.
Step 3. After adding the cabbage, send the peeled and chopped potatoes into the soup.
Step 4. Cut the meat into pieces and place in a saucepan, cook another 25 minutes.
Step 5. When there are 5 minutes left until the end of cooking, put the sliced tomatoes, bay leaf into your soup, season with spices to taste.
Step 6. Put chopped greens (to taste) and a spoonful of fresh sour cream into each bowl of soup..
Lean cabbage soup with mushrooms
Lean mushroom soup with cabbage quickly cooked. For it, you can take both dried white mushrooms and more available champignons, which are sold in any supermarket..
For the soup will need:
- cabbage (fresh) – 0.6 kg;
- white mushrooms (dried) – 0.2 kg;
- peeled carrot – 1-2 pieces;
- parsley root – 1 trek;
- onion without husk;
- 1 bunch to choose from (dill or parsley);
- bay leaf – 1 sheet;
- 40 g of refined oil;
- add salt to taste;
- season with pepper as desired.
Soup is cooked 50 minutes. The output will be 4 servings, each with 250 kcal..
Description of cooking method:
Step 1. In a pot of water (1, 5 liters) put dried mushrooms, cook broth.
Step 2. Remove the boiled mushrooms from the broth and chop into cubes..
Step 3. Stew fresh cabbage with roots, carrots and onions in refined oil.
Step 4. Put boiled cabbage, chopped mushrooms, spices and bay leaf into boiling mushroom broth. In ten minutes the lean soup will be ready..
Step 5. In a bowl of soup, add fresh sour cream and chopped greens..
Lamb stewed with cabbage
For this second dish of white cabbage, you can use different types of meat. For example, veal or chicken. Slices of oily pork are very good. When you put the finished dish on a plate, do not forget to sprinkle it with chopped greens.
For 4 servings you will need products:
- mutton (pulp) – 0.5 kg;
- washed carrots;
- white cabbage – half of the head;
- oil – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- to taste salt, freshly ground pepper.
Cooking time – from 2 to 2, 5 hours. In 100 g portions only 270 kcal.
Cooking recipe step by step:
- Take enough fatty lamb, cut into pieces, at the rate of two pieces per serving;
- Beat the meat first, and then only season with salt and ground pepper in a manual mill;
- Cut cabbage, carrot, parsley and onion. Heat the vegetable oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan and put the first layer of vegetables on the bottom, put the lamb slices on top and close the meat with the second vegetable layer, add salt. Then pour 100 ml of broth or just boiling water, tightly close the pan with a lid;
- Cook on low heat for about two hours. In the finished dish put chopped herbs to your liking.
Original cabbage soup
Braised cabbage goes well with smoked meat products, so hunting sausages and ham were chosen for this dish..
Required number of products:
- cabbage – 1 small head;
- washed potatoes – 3 tubers;
- 3 pickled cucumbers;
- white onion;
- a slice of ham (about 100 g);
- hunting sausages and lard – 100 g;
- 100 ml vegetable broth;
- refined cooking oil;
- a bag of tomato paste (50g);
- Italian herbs – 2 pinches;
- season to taste with spices and salt.
Solyanka can be done in 45 minutes. 310 kcal per serving.
How to cook:
- Chop the onion finely, put it on the frying pan;
- Cut the potato and cabbage forks into small pieces;
- Ham, sausages, sausages and pickles cut into small cube;
- Put all prepared products in a frying pan with onions, mix thoroughly, cook for 10 minutes;
- Dilute a little tomato paste in vegetable broth, pour in a hodgepodge, add spices to taste and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
Bigus in the oven
In bigusa you can use fresh or sauerkraut. And you can put them in equal proportions, it will turn out delicious. The special piquancy will give the dish red wine.
You will need:
- cabbage (fresh and pickled), 500 grams each;
- 2 ripe tomatoes;
- 60 ml of an odorless oil;
- a small piece of ham (about 150 g);
- 200 ml of broth;
- a little goose meat – 150 g;
- 150 g dry-cured ham;
- 25 grams of sugar;
- 50 ml of dry wine (red);
- black pepper, salt coarse – add to taste.
Bigus can be done in 45 minutes. Calorie portions (100 grams) – 290 kcal.
Step-by-step recipe for a second dish:
- Peel off the tomatoes and remove the seeds, then finely chop;
- Cut fresh cabbage into strips, lightly fry in butter;
- In another skillet stew the sauerkraut, then put everything in one deep saucepan, add the tomatoes and pour in the broth. Stew for 10 minutes, put Lavrushka, spices, pour in wine mixed with sugar;
- Dice meat products and brown a little in butter;
- In a ceramic pot, transfer all products in layers, while making sure to alternate the meat layer with the cabbage. The main thing is that the last layer is also from cabbage;
- Put the pot in the oven preheated to 150 degrees, then 25 minutes;
- Put on the table in a pot, seasoned with greens and fresh sour cream.
Cabbage with sausages and lentils in a slow cooker
Now consider the recipes of white cabbage dishes in a slow cooker. The first recipe will surely become your favorite one. This simple and very filling dish can be quickly prepared in a slow cooker..
Quantity of products:
- 20 g of ketchup (better homemade);
- half a glass of green lentils;
- 0.5 kg of cabbage;
- bulb (small);
- ripe tomato;
- ready (peeled) carrot;
- on a small bunch of green dill and leaf parsley;
- 150 g smoked sausages;
- 30 ml of oil (odorless) olive;
- add salt to taste.
Stew cabbage get in 55 minutes. Dish contains 260 kcal per one serving..
How to cook:
- In the bowl of the multicooker, heat up a little oil, fry the onion, finely chopped sausages, and grated carrot in it. Remove the peel from a tomato, chop it and put it in a bowl, add a little ketchup, stew for 10 minutes;
- Add chopped cabbage, lentils, chopped greens. Enable the mode of “quenching”, cook 45 minutes.
Cabbage solyanka in a slow cooker
Having such a wonderful device as a slow cooker available, you can easily cook in your own kitchen a rich, fragrant and very nourishing hodgepodge.
You will need:
- 2 juicy onions;
- 2 small sausages (pork);
- 0, 5 kg of pork pulp;
- 2 sausages (hunting);
- 200 g canned tomatoes;
- a small head of cabbage;
- bell pepper – 5 pcs;
- 40 ml odorless oil.
Solyanka can be prepared in 60 minutes. Each portion contains 290 kcal.
Step 1. Cut the pork pulp into large pieces. In the bowl of the device, heat the oil and fry the meat, put the onion, chopped into half rings..
Step 2. Remove the top leaflets from the head, peeled the forks, season and remember with your hands.
Step 3. Peel canned tomatoes, and mash the flesh with a fork.
Step 4. Put all prepared products into the multicooker bowl, stew for 20 minutes.
Step 5. Slice the sausages, hunting sausages, lightly fry in butter and send them into the hodgepodge with peas and bay leaf for another five minutes.
Salad of fresh white cabbage with celery and apples
This salad can be served with fried or boiled meat, boiled or fried fish, as a side dish for cold appetizers from fish or meat.
Quantity of products:
- small cabbage – half of the head;
- Red Apple;
- celery salad – 1 pc;
- 50 ml of vinegar;
- 10 grams of sugar;
- 30 ml of vegetable oil (odorless);
- salt on your own.
Salad can be done in 20 minutes. It contains only 80 kcal per one serving..
- Peel the heads off the top leaves, rinse with water, cut the stalk;
- Chop a vegetable, lightly salt it and put it in your hands to make the cabbage softer;
- Cut the peeled apple and celery into strips;
- In a deep salad bowl, combine all the sliced products, season with vinegar, which must be mixed with sugar. Let the salad stand for half an hour, then add the vegetable oil.
Cabbage, Orange and Apple Salad
All the ingredients for this salad should be cut into approximately the same cubes..
Quantity of products:
- 0.3 kg of cabbage and solid apples;
- 0.2 kg oranges without peel;
- odorless oil – 60 ml;
- juice from half a lemon;
- add salt – at will;
- a small handful of lemon rind.
Salad can be made in 15 minutes. 75 g calcal per 100 g.
How to cook:
- Chop the cabbage into cubes;
- Peel orange slices from partitions and films, cut the pulp into small pieces;
- Cut out the middle of the apples and also cut like an orange or cabbage;
- Mix apples and lemon juice in a deep salad bowl;
- Put the cabbage and orange slices there, add a little salt;
- Dress the salad with oil, mix well and sprinkle lemon zest on top..
Enjoy your meal!
- 1 The subtleties of cooking white cabbage
- 2 Lean cabbage soup with mushrooms
- 3 Lamb stewed with cabbage
- 4 Original cabbage soup
- 5 Bigus in the oven
- 6 Cabbage with sausages and lentils in a slow cooker
- 7 Cabbage solyanka in a slow cooker
- 8 Salad of fresh white cabbage with celery and apples
- 9 Cabbage, Orange and Apple Salad