The use of Armenian lavash in cooking is almost always due to the desire to get quick results and at the same time create an imitation of a complex time-consuming composition. Lavash dishes may seem very complicated, but preparing each takes as much time as we are willing to devote to it – from 10 minutes if it’s about simple rolls without heat treatment, and within an hour – if the plans have a full hearty dinner.
And, which is very important for people who watch their weight, pita bread is a source of a variety of dietary dishes, since it itself contains neither yeast nor fats. We offer you interesting recipes.
Dishes of thin pita in the pan
Tedious dough preparation often discourages any desire to diversify the table from busy housewives.
In such cases, thin pita bread is just a godsend, because it has an undeniable advantage – it fits any filling and at the same time, it can be baked, browned on a grill grate and, of course, fry in a pan.
|pita bread –||4 thin|
|young dill –||20 g|
|hard unsalted cheese –||160g|
|vegetable deodorized oil –||2 tbsp. l.|
|ground pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 225 Kcal|
- Grind hard cheese on a fine grater and, adding a little pepper, add cheeseiness to the cheese chips, knocking it in a bowl with a fork;
- Add chopped dill to the cheese and mix, also with a fork, so that the mass does not stick together in a lump;
- Each lavash plate should now be cut into 4 sectors;
- We distribute the filling in the center of the blank – around a tablespoon of top and roll up the pita, as usual stuffed pancake;
- Now pour the oil into the pan and heat it. Rolls should be put on the pan with a connecting seam down so that it “grabs” immediately, then, after the appearance of a crust, turn it over to the other side;
If you count calories and keep a certain diet without fats, then you can not use the oil when frying, but then you need to use a non-stick frying pan for cooking.
Pita with cheese and mushrooms
- pita from 1 package;
- 180 g of mushrooms (champignons);
- 180 grams of unsalted cheese;
- 1 small bulb;
- 2 eggs;
- 0.5 stack sour cream 20% fat;
- 20 g young parsley;
- salt, black ground pepper;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable deodorized oil.
Cooking time – 30 min.
Calorie content in 100 g of the product – 252 kcal.
- It is necessary to wash the mushrooms, separate the legs from the caps and cut off all the damage. Then cut the champignons into strips;
- Now, heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms, not bringing them to readiness a little;
- While the mushrooms are fried, you need to cut the onion into smaller pieces and, referring to the semi-ready mushrooms, add onions to the pan. Together, we bring everything to full readiness;
- Before removing the frying from the fire, season it with spices, mix it vigorously, and then transfer the contents of the pan to a separate container. Let the mushroom stuffing cool for about 15 minutes;
- In a barely warm roast we rub cheese, add chopped greens and, finally, mix everything with sour cream;
- Now it remains to open the package with pita breads and cut each plate into transverse strips 12-15 cm wide;
- Spread a tablespoon of minced meat on one edge of the strip, wrap the tips of the pita tube inward and fold up a roll like the stuffed pancake;
- Whisk to beat both eggs;
- Preheat the butter in the pan and, before putting the pita rolls there, we roll each of them in the egg lick, and only then carefully put them into the butter.
Serve such a dish can be cooled, and “piping hot.” The rolls sprinkled with chopped greens look good, with the plates laid out on the edge, cut in half with olives.
Hot dishes in the oven
Pita bread baked in the oven differs from pita bread roasted in a frying pan in the absence of such a crisp crust, but it turns out to be juicier, since with uniform heating it is better soaked. The following two recipes are from the category of hearty meals for dinner and a very healthy dessert for the afternoon tea..
Pie with meat
- 2 plates of Armenian lavash;
- 350 g mixed ground beef;
- 200 g unsalted cheese;
- 3 small bulbs;
- 3 eggs;
- 7 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree or sauce;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of vegetable deodorized oil;
- salt, black ground pepper.
Cooking time – 40 min.
Calorie content in 100 g of the product – 216.8 kcal.
- Finely chopped onion fry for ½ butter until light golden;
- We lay out minced meat onion and keep under the lid, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes;
- Add tomato paste to the filling, salt and pepper everything. Stir well and, after 2 minutes, remove from heat;
- Cool the mince for 15 minutes;
- Lay out a pita plate on the table and spread the filling over the entire area, in a thin layer. Spread half the finely chopped grated cheese over the top and immediately roll up the roll tightly;
- Now you need to grease a flat baking dish with the remaining butter, spread out the rolls in it and turn on the oven;
- While the oven is warming up, make the sauce: whip sour cream with eggs and a pinch of salt;
- Fill the rolls with sauce and bake them at 2100 about 17 minutes.
This dish is desirable to eat only hot, complementing it with a light vegetable salad or just sprigs of greens..
Pita with apples and cottage cheese
- 2 plates of pita;
- 1 average sweet and sour apple;
- 120 g of cottage cheese 9%;
- a pinch of cinnamon powder;
- peeled walnuts – 1/2 cup.
Cooking time – 30 min.
Calorie content in 100 g of the product – 200 kcal.
- Apple peel and grate large. Add cinnamon to apple chips, stir and put dishes with a mass in the microwave for 2 minutes;
- Cottage cheese must be kneaded with a fork, put nuts there and lightly whisk;
- Plates of pita bread spread out on the table. We cover the pita breads without grabbing the edges, first with a thin apple layer, then with cottage cheese, and gently fold them, turning the dry edges inward;
- Put the rolls on a baking sheet covered with parchment and bake at 170 degrees for about 12 minutes..
This sweet dish is served cold, so after cooling, it is better to put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours, and cut it into portions just before serving..
Here are some interesting recipes.
Fast and very unexpected dishes, as an alternative to the famous popular snacks – very quickly and with their own hands!
Thin pita chips
- 3 plates of thin pita;
- 5 tbsp. spoons of refined oil;
- 1 combined bunch of any favorite greens;
- 2 tooth. garlic;
- 1 tbsp. spoon spices “Provencal herbs”;
- 120 g unsalted cheese.
Cooking time – 20 min.
Calorie content in 100 g of the product – 326 kcal.
- Put the pita plate on a baking tray covered with parchment;
- Abundantly grease the pita bread with oil, salt it and sprinkle it evenly with spices and grated cheese;
- Cut the plate on the same squares and put the baking tray in the oven, preheated to 210˚ for 10 minutes.
Everything! Useful and moderately sharp chips are ready..
- 6 thin Armenian lavash;
- 250 g of minced meat;
- 1 medium onion;
- 0.5 tsp of any spicy dry seasoning;
- 2 multicolored sweet peppers;
- 2 medium tomatoes;
- 1/2 small hot pepper;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato puree (sauce);
- 50 grams of hard unsalted cheese;
- 3 processed cheese;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil.
Cooking time – 45 min.
Calorie content in 100 g of the product – 275 kcal.
- Spread a plate of pita bread on the table and put ½ melted curd cheese cut into cubes on the radish;
- In 1 tbsp. spoon hot oil, fry minced meat with onions in a frying pan. At the end of frying, pour spices into the filling and mix everything intensively;
- Let the stuffing cool for about 15 minutes and 1/6 of the amount put on the pita over the cheese;
- Then we start to prepare the pouring – fry in the remaining butter the crushed bell peppers with tomatoes without skin. Tomatoes can be chopped finely, and can be quarters – as convenient. At the end of frying, put ½ hot pepper and pasta;
- Cool the dressing to a warm state and add some minced meat to it in pita bread;
- Now we need to roll our buritos like rolls, turning one edge inward;
- Put the buritos on a baking sheet covered with parchment, rub down with grated cheese and bake at 200˚ for about 10 minutes.
Serve the buritos hot so that the minced meat slightly burns and complements the spiciness of the dish..
Tips from top chefs
- There is no need to place too much emphasis on the sauce-pouring, when the pita dish is not cooked. If you soak the pita strongly, it will become viscous;
- When preparing raw snacks of pita, you can not overdo it with butter – it will kill the taste of even the most exquisite filling;
- If the plate of Armenian lavash has long been in the air and has become brittle, it is enough to hold a silicone brush on it that is slightly moistened with water. This will save the situation, but it is already impossible to store such a product, it should be used immediately..
Enjoy your meal!