Not everybody will try to cook elk meat, perhaps this is due to its specific taste. But if everything is done correctly when preparing, then in the end you can get an excellent dinner or lunch.
You can make tasty chops, jelly and even roast from this meat. You can also fry a moose meat in one piece, bake in the oven or stew with vegetables..
But to dishes with this type of meat turned out really tasty, you need to know the nuances of its preparation..
The nuances of the choice of meat
In order to make the treats with moose meat very tasty, you should correctly choose this type of meat. When choosing, it is worth considering the following important nuances:
- if the moose is older than 1 year, then the meat should be light pink in color with visible white fibers;
- middle-aged elks have a pink color, but the fibers are yellowish. It usually takes a very long time to prepare and does not always work soft enough;
- if you see a big piece with the color of overripe pomegranate, then this means that the meat belongs to the old male. It will have to be cooked for a very long time, while neither cooking, nor baking, nor pickling, nor soaking will affect the cooking period. In addition, old meat has an unpleasant peculiar smell;
- light yellow meat without fiber is suitable. Young elk may have a small white outflow.
Choosing the right moose meat is only half the battle, it is important to be able to prepare it correctly. In order for meat to become soft, you can use the following recommendations:
- The meat must be placed in water; it is soaked for several hours. After soaking it is dried using paper;
- It is recommended to marinate elk meat before cooking. Marinades may be completely different, but grape vinegar based marinade is considered the most appropriate. Additionally, sunflower oil, mineral water is added to the marinade;
- Additionally, moose meat can be stuffed with pieces of lard, it will also give softness to the meat during its preparation;
- Before stewing moose meat, it is recommended to fry in a frying pan with vegetable oil. A small crust should form on the surface of the meat;
- Salt is best at the end of cooking..
When all the preparatory stages are completed, you can safely begin to choose dishes from moose meat that you will cook. Below we will look at step-by-step recipes for making delicious homemade moose meat dishes. The choice is yours!
|moose meat –||half a kilo|
|potatoes –||7 pieces|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|carrots –||1 PC.|
|tomato puree –||½ cup|
|garlic cloves –||some|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 185 Kcal|
- First you need to marinate the elk meat, it will make it soft after cooking;
- To do this, the meat is cleared of streaks, films and cut into small pieces;
- Put meat in layers in a ceramic or glass container and sprinkle each layer with salt, sugar, peas, pepper;
- Cut the parsley root and lay out to the meat, lay the lavrusha on top and pour the whole mixture with water and vinegar in proportions 1: 1;
- Leave to pickle for 8-10 hours;
- Marinated slices cut into small sticks, lay out a container with a thick bottom, add the ghee and fry until the formation of a ruddy coating;
- Then pour in some water, turn down the fire and leave to stew until half ready;
- The potato is peeled, the tubers are washed and cut into small pieces;
- Add vegetable oil to the pan, lay out the potatoes and leave to fry over low heat;
- Wash carrots, peel and cut into strips;
- After 10 minutes, we shift the potatoes with carrots to the meat and leave to simmer over low heat;
- Bulbs cleaned, chopped into small pieces;
- When the vegetables and meat are almost ready, pour the sliced onions to them, add tomato sauce to them;
- Salt to taste, add peppercorns and a few leaves of Lavrushka;
- Garlic cloves are peeled, cut into small pieces and added to the already cooked roast.
We will prepare the following components:
- moose meat – half a kilogram;
- two onions;
- half a liter of meat or water broth;
- tomato paste – 75 grams;
- flour – 1 large spoon;
- black pepper – ½ tsp;
- a few leaves of laurel;
- 4-5 branches of parsley, dill;
- table salt;
- vegetable oil.
Cooking will take 2-3 hours..
Calorie – 135 kcal.
- Meat is well rinsed in cool water, the veinlets, film are removed;
- We cut elk meat into cubes with medium size;
- Onions need to peel off the husk, cut into small pieces;
- Add vegetable oil to the pan, remove it to the stove and heat it;
- Put the pieces of meat in the hot oil, fry on high heat;
- Then we fall asleep onions, we mix, we reduce fire and we fry about 7 minutes;
- Add salt, black pepper, sprinkle with flour and stir. We continue to fry further for several minutes;
- We put a little tomato paste, mix;
- Pour two glasses of broth or water;
- Add the bay leaf, mix well and cover with a lid;
- Leave to stew for 2-3 hours;
- At the end you can sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs..
For the soup will be the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of moose meat;
- 400 grams of spinach;
- 200 grams of shiitake mushrooms;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- two onions;
- one egg;
- two liters of water;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- ground black pepper – ½ tsp;
- vegetable oil.
How much to cook – 1.5 hours.
Caloric content – 165 kcal.
- For cooking it is better to use the flesh, the meat should be young without veins and have a light pink tint;
- We rinse the lootkin well in cool water, cut it into medium pieces;
- After that, the pieces are skipped with a meat grinder or ground in a blender, it is desirable to do this several times;
- Clean onions and garlic; cut each onion head into 4 pieces;
- Onion with garlic, scroll through a meat grinder or grind in a blender;
- We put the mixture of onion and garlic in minced meat, add salt, pepper and mix well;
- Add one chicken egg and stir again;
- From the finished stuffing you need to make small meatballs;
- Pour some vegetable oil into the broiler, heat it and fry the meatballs on it to a ruddy color;
- Pour 2 liters of water into the container, put it on the fire and add salt;
- As soon as the water warms up, we lay out mushrooms in it, you can additionally add your favorite spices;
- Rinse the spinach and chop into small pieces;
- After 10 minutes, put spinach in the pan with mushrooms;
- After that, carefully lay out the meatballs, it is important that they do not fall apart;
- Leave to boil for about 20-25 minutes;
- Spill soup and serve on the table.
Elk cutlets with cranberries
What ingredients will be needed:
- elk meat – 1 kilogram;
- fatty pork or pork fat – 200 grams;
- oatmeal flakes – handful;
- milk – 130 ml;
- two chicken eggs;
- one onion;
- tomato – 1 piece;
- one carrot root vegetable;
- frozen cranberries – 1 handful;
- salt to your taste;
- some black pepper in a ground form;
- a pair of garlic cloves;
- vegetable oil.
It will take 1-2 hours to prepare..
Calorie – 138 kcal.
- Meat washed, remove streaks, films;
- Cut the game into small pieces and scroll several times with the meat grinder or grind it in a blender;
- We peel off the onions with the onion, cut it into 4 parts and grind it in a blender or skip through a meat grinder;
- Garlic cloves clean and squeeze through a press, add to the stuffing;
- Rinse carrots, clean and grind in a blender. Putting carrots in mince;
- Rub the tomato through a sieve or cut into small pieces, put the tomato in to the meat with vegetables;
- Through the meat grinder, scroll through the pork fat or fatty meat, you can also grind it in a blender. Add to stuffing;
- Milk should be heated to a warm state, we spread oatmeal into it and soak it. As soon as the flakes swell they can be put in mincemeat;
- Then lay out the frozen cranberries, spices, salt and pepper;
- Add two chicken eggs and thoroughly knead the base until smooth;
- We remove for several hours in the fridge so that the stuffing is real and juicier;
- After that we make small cutlets from mincemeat, you can breaded them in breadcrumbs or in flour;
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan, put it on the fire and warm it;
- Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown;
- Then put the cutlets in a container with thick walls, pour in hot water and set on the fire to steam. Soar should be simmered until complete evaporation of the liquid;
- After that, ready-made game patties can be served..
Recipes of dishes in the oven and multicooker
Baked Elk in the oven
Ingredients for cooking:
- a pound of moose meat;
- two onions;
- vinegar – incomplete glass;
- liter of water for the marinade;
- black peppercorns – 8 pieces;
- sugar – 25 grams;
- tablespoon of salt;
- vegetable oil – 1 tbsp;
- parsley root;
- Lavrushka – a couple of pieces;
- spices for meat to your taste.
Cooking time – 1-2 days for pickling and 8 hours for baking.
Caloric content – 145 kcal.
How to cook:
- Elk flesh should be well washed under cool water, cut off all films, veinlets;
- Next, a piece of meat carefully beat the wasps of all sides with a kitchen hammer;
- Onions cleaned and cut into small pieces;
- Next, make the marinade. Pour salt, sugar into the container, lay out chopped onion, crushed bay leaf. All pour a liter of water and pour vinegar;
- Put the marinade on the fire and bring to a boil;
- In the cooled marinade lay out the meat in it, set the oppression and put in the fridge for a few days;
- After that, we take the elk meat out of the marinade, wipe it with paper towels and sprinkle with spices for meat;
- Put the brazier on the fire, add some oil to it and lay out the pulp of pickled elk meat. Fry the meat on both sides until golden brown;
- We spread a piece of game on a baking sheet, cover with foil, add a glass of water;
- We send in the oven to bake, bake should be at a minimum temperature;
- Moose must be baked for 8 hours;
- Then it must be removed, remove the foil and put on a large plate. You can decorate with greens.
Elk with champignons in a slow cooker
Components for cooking:
- kilogram of boneless pulp;
- two carrots;
- two onions;
- fresh champignons – 400 grams;
- vegetable oil – 4 large spoons;
- pepper to your taste;
- salt a pair of pinch;
- a bunch of fresh dill.
It will take 3-4 hours to soak, 3 hours to prepare.
Calorie – 192 kcal.
- Pre-elk is recommended to soak in cold water for 3-4 hours;
- Next, cut the film and streaks, cut into medium pieces;
- We add vegetable oil to the slow cooker, select the “Frying” mode and lay out the pieces of meat;
- Pieces of moose meat should be fried until a light crust with a golden structure appears;
- After 5-7 minutes, you need to switch to the “Quenching” mode, cover the lid;
- Meanwhile, wash the mushrooms, clean the caps and cut into thin plates;
- Rinse the carrot, peel and rub on a coarse grater or cut into strips;
- Onions clean and chop into small cubes;
- After about 1.5 hours we switch the device to heating and leave the meat to cook for another half hour;
- After that, you need to leave to stand for 10-15 minutes and lay out the vegetables to the meat;
- We turn on the “Quenching” mode again and cook for half an hour;
- At the end lay out the chopped dill, season with spices, add some salt;
- Then lay out on plates and serve..
- before boiling, frying, stewing, baking the moose meat, soak it for several hours in cold water, this will speed up the cooking process;
- to give juiciness, softness, it is recommended to marinate the meat in marinade for at least 8 hours, and preferably for a couple of days;
- boil elk meat need at least 2.5-3 hours;
- You can use seasonings to improve the taste, but not too much..
Game will be especially appreciated by men, as true hunters. When cooking moose meat, it is important to follow all the necessary recommendations, special attention should be paid to the preparatory stage, the result of the prepared dish will depend on it. In general, moose meat is simply excellent, it can be cooked for holidays, to treat guests, as well as for an everyday family dinner..