What associations arise when the scalps and the harvest come to mind? Well, of course, preparations for the winter!
From squash it is possible to prepare a lot of delicious pieces for the winter – they can be salted, pickled, make salads and added to various dressings..
This vegetable is a close relative of zucchini and pumpkins, and is it worth saying what excellent taste this representative of squash crops has??
If this vegetable grows in your garden, be sure to take note of the golden recipes for winter squash preparations, which will be described below with illustrative photos..
Need to prepare:
- 700 grams of squash;
- Horseradish leaves – 2 pieces;
- Dill – 4-5 stems;
- 5-6 sprigs of parsley and the same amount of celery;
- Lavrushka – 2 pieces;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- Bitter pepper – 1 pod;
- A mixture of spicy spices – cloves, allspice in peas to your taste.
For the marinade:
- 2 glasses of water;
- Sugar – incomplete st.lozhka;
- Salt – incomplete st.lozhka;
- Table vinegar 9% – 50 ml.
How to cook such blanks of the squash for the winter:
- Squashes wash, remove all contamination;
- Cut the stalk, cut vegetables into medium slices, pour with hot water and leave to stand in it for 5-7 minutes;
- Meanwhile, rinse the parsley, dill, basil and chop into medium pieces;
- Pour water into the container and set it on the stove;
- As soon as the water is heated, we pour in salt, granulated sugar and pour in vinegar. Heat to boil, remove from heat;
- Rinse jars for rinsing, clean all contamination. Be sure to steam or hot water;
- Put greens on the bottom of the cans, sprinkle with spices and lay out the slices of squash tightly;
- Pour hot marinade to the very edges, cover with the lids on top;
- In the container at the bottom of the set grid;
- We place jars on the grid, pour water a little more than half of the jars;
- We put on the gas and sterilize about a quarter of an hour;
- Next, take out, tightly seal the lid;
- We wrap the cans with warm material or a fur coat, leave to cool there;
- Pickled squash can be stored in a cellar or storage room..
Preserved with cherry tomatoes
We will need:
- Squash – 1.5 kilograms;
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes.
- Tablespoon of granulated sugar;
- Cooking salt – 50 grams;
- 2 flowers of dried star anise;
- 10 white peppercorns;
- Cumin seeds – 0.5 tsp;
- Lavrushka – 3-4 pieces;
- Garlic – 3-4 slices;
- 1.5 large spoons of vinegar 70%.
The procedure for the preparation of blanks of cherry squash for the winter:
- We wash the squash, clean the pollution, cut into several parts;
- Tomatoes also need to be well washed;
- Capacities from glass surely wash, we delete dirt. They need to be installed on the kettle and steamed for 15 minutes;
- Put the squash and cherry tomatoes in tara;
- Garlic cloves cleaned from the skin, put the slices to the squash and tomatoes;
- Fill the banks with hot water, leave for 15 minutes;
- Next, pour out the water, fill it with boiling water again and leave to stand for about 15 minutes;
- After that, drain the water from the jar into the tank, put it on the gas;
- Add sugar, salt, flowers of dried star anise, white peppercorns, thyme seeds, lavrushka to water. All boil until boiling;
- Fill with hot pickle, add vinegar. Cover with the top covers;
- We place a small piece of material in a wide container made of metal base on the bottom, put cans on it;
- Pour water over the hanger cans, put on the fire and warm up;
- After boiling water, sterilize for 15 minutes;
- Then take out the cans, cork tightly the lids;
- To begin with, they must be placed under a warm cloth until it cools completely;
- Then we remove this delicious billet of squash in banks for the winter for storage in the cellar or in the pantry room.
Caviar is a win-win for the winter
We need to prepare the following:
- 3 kilograms of squash;
- 2 kilograms of ripe tomatoes;
- Carrot – 4-5 pieces;
- Onion – 1 kilogram;
- A glass of cooking oil;
- 2 large spoons of table salt;
- A glass of granulated sugar;
- 2 large spoons of apple cider vinegar.
How to cook caviar from the squash for the winter:
- First of all, we wash the scallops, remove all the dirt;
- Washed squash cut into small pieces, if the skin is thick, then it is desirable to cut it. Also, if there are large seeds, they are removed;
- Peel carrots, wash. We rub it on a grate with an average lattice;
- Remove the husks from the bulbs, cut them into cubes;
- Rinse the tomatoes, cut them into slices, you can dice;
- Pour oil into a saucepan, put it on the stove;
- In warmed butter, pour the patisson pieces and fry for about 5 minutes;
- Next, fall asleep onions and carrots, mix everything. Fry on low heat, stir periodically and fry for 10 minutes;
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan and leave to stew for about 10 minutes;
- After that, the whole mixture should be ground in a blender or food processor;
- Puree shift to the pot, add salt, sugar, vinegar;
- We put on the stove and leave to cook for half an hour on a small fire;
- Jars are washed, remove all dirty places. Steam them over the steam for 15 minutes or pour over boiling water;
- Put the finished puree in jars, cover the top of the lids;
- Be sure to sterilize on the steam bath for 15-20 minutes;
- Sterilized jars are tightly capped with lids and cleaned under warm material;
- Keep the workpiece should be in a dark place in the cellar or pantry.
Canned garlic salad
What ingredients will be needed:
- 3 kilograms of squash;
- 700 grams of sweet pepper;
- A pound of carrots;
- A pound of onion;
- Garlic – 5 heads;
- Vegetable oil – 1 cup;
- Salt – 100 grams;
- Sugar – 250 grams;
- Table vinegar 9% – 250 ml;
- Parsley, cilantro and dill – by bundle;
- Seasoning mix for Korean carrots – 15 grams.
We start the harvest of lettuce from the squash for the winter:
- Squashes need to be thoroughly rinsed, remove all dirt;
- Cut off the stalk from vegetables, if the skin is thick, then cut off the skin. Be sure to clean all the seeds;
- Cut the squash into medium slices;
- Remove the onion skin. Peeled onions shred in the form of thin rings;
- Carrots are washed, cleaned from the skin and dirt;
- Three carrots grated with large teeth or for Korean carrots;
- Pepper washed, cut into two parts and cleaned all seeds, cut the stem;
- Peeled peppers chop thin straws;
- Squashes like carrots need to grate;
- We put all vegetables in one capacity, we mix;
- Fill with vegetables, vegetable oil, vinegar;
- Greens rinsed, chop small pieces;
- Fall asleep to the vegetables greens, seasoning, salt and sugar;
- Garlic is peeled from the skin, squeezed through a press and put to the vegetables;
- All mix well and leave to stand for 3 hours;
- Jars must be washed, steamed for 15 minutes;
- Put the lettuce of the squash in the prepared container;
- Sterilize on the steam bath for a quarter of an hour;
- Then we take out, the lid is well twisted;
- We clean under a warm blanket and keep there until it cools completely;
- A cellar, cellar or storeroom will be suitable for storing cans with salad for the winter..
Preparation of squash for the winter without sterilization
What you need to prepare:
- Squash – 1.5 kilograms;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 1000 ml of water;
- Salt – 2 tablespoons;
- Currant leaves and cherry – 4-5 pieces;
- 1 large sheet of horseradish;
- Hot pepper pod;
- Sugar – 50 grams;
- Salt – 50 grams;
- 1/3 tsp of vinegar.
How to cook:
- The jars must be washed and sterilized over steam or doused with boiling water;
- Be sure to boil the lids for 5-10 minutes;
- At the bottom of the cans lay out the leaves of cherry currants and horseradish. Rinse the leaves beforehand;
- Garlic cloves clean, cut into several pieces and put to the leaves;
- Squashes need to rinse, remove the stalk, cleaned from seeds and skins;
- Cut the squash in small pieces and put it in the jar;
- Hot pepper, cut into rings and put to the scallops;
- Fill vegetables with hot water, leave for 15 minutes;
- Next, pour the water from the cans into the tank;
- Put the pot of water on the fire, add sugar, salt and vinegar;
- Fill the vegetables with hot marinade, roll up the lids and set under the rug;
- Store in a cool dark place..
In order for the squash to be crispy, add a few acetyl tablets before tightening the lids..
It is advisable to hold the vegetable in boiling water for 5-7 minutes before putting it into the cans.
Squash can be marinated along with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.
Preparations of squash for the winter will help diversify the daily menu. These snacks are suitable for any dishes. They will make the taste of your favorite treats much better and more diverse. Do not postpone their preparation for later; it is better to make them now.!