Sea kale called a certain type of algae (brown) growing in the sea. Their official name is kelp..
Due to the enormous set of all sorts of nutrients and trace elements from ancient times, the people living on the seashore were not only used as a nutritious product from which you can prepare many tasty dishes, but also fertilized the land on which trees and plants that produce fruits used in the food.
This type of algae has a pleasant taste and low calorie content (one hundred grams contains only 24.9 kilocalories). Therefore, they can be eaten and people with excess weight.
Canned sea kale: the benefits and harm
They belong to the perennial marine plants. The Kara Sea and the White Sea are rich in a certain type of kelp – palm-chopped and sugary. At depths of an average of six meters, you can see whole forests of algae. If the soil is stone, they grow at a depth of up to 35 meters.
First of all, one should note the high content of iodine in seaweed, whose role in the human body can not be overestimated. In order to obtain the necessary daily dose of such an element, 30 grams of this type of kelp is enough..
It is very rich in elements, thanks to which it is especially valued as a food product that improves health and well-being:
- Iodine (0.25 mg per 100 g of weight in the dry state, which is slightly higher than the rate of a person per day);
- Vitamins C, B, A, E, K;
- Folic acid and glutamic acid.
Canned sea kale is very useful for improving the bowels. When constipation, it stimulates the intestinal mucosa, thereby improving its functionality..
Known indisputable benefits of such algae in cosmetology. They are used for wrapping procedures. With regular use of seaweed toxins, slags and excess fluid are removed from the body.
Such a product is very useful for organs of vision and for increasing mental abilities. People who eat it regularly are active, cheerful and well-being..
Thanks to laminaria, the activity of nerve cells is improved, which allows the nervous system to strengthen and increase resistance to stress. It is known that it prevents the appearance of tumors and improves immunity..
It is recommended for the normalization of hormonal background, prevention and treatment of vascular diseases. It slows down the aging of the skin, improves human performance, reduces high blood pressure.
Despite the usefulness of seaweed, it still has some contraindications. Including the following states:
- Iodine intolerance;
- Pregnancy (due to uncertainty regarding the effect of excess iodine on the unborn baby);
- Glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, or renal failure;
- Severe tuberculosis (only after consulting a doctor);
- Allergic reactions;
- Osteoporosis (with caution);
- Boils on the body and face;
- Excess iodine in the body.
In any case, if there are any health abnormalities, it is necessary to consult a doctor before eating such a product. It is impossible to eat algae for a long time, because there are risks of osteoporosis, and this is a rather difficult condition..
|Canned kelp –||300 g|
|Chicken eggs –||4 pieces|
|Potatoes –||300 g|
|Mayonnaise –||for refueling|
|Boiled beef meat –||200 g|
|Carrot –||1 piece|
|Ground pepper –||taste|
|Green dill –||few branches|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 900 Kcal|
Stages of cooking:
- Cook potatoes “in uniform”, hard boiled eggs, boil beef and carrots;
- Open a jar of kelp;
- Eggs are cut and grated;
- Ready potatoes free from the skin, cut into small cubes;
- Carrots are peeled and grated (leaving a piece for serving);
- Beef that has already been cooked is cut into smaller pieces (it should be noted that such meat softens within five hours of cooking);
- Vegetables, algae, meat and eggs are mixed in one container;
- Salt, pepper and season with mayonnaise;
- A flower is cut out of a piece of carrot and put on the middle of the dish, dill branches are put and served on the table.
Seaweed with crab sticks and potatoes
You will need the following products:
- Kelp canned – 160 g;
- Potatoes – 200 g;
- Crab sticks – 7 pieces;
- Mayonnaise – to taste;
- Hot red pepper powder – to taste.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes. Calorie is 500 kilocalories.
Cooking such salad from canned sea kale:
- Boil the potatoes, remove the peel and cut into small cubes, onions in rings;
- Crab sticks are cut into thin strips, combined with boiled potatoes;
- Add canned kelp, pepper, mix everything;
- Season the ingredients with mayonnaise and serve..
Canned kelp, corn and vegetables
- Canned sea kale – one can;
- Canned sweet corn – 250 g;
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves;
- Salt – to taste;
- Boiled eggs – 3 pieces;
- Onions – 1.5 onions;
- Cucumbers – 3 pieces;
- Tomatoes – 3 pieces;
- Mayonnaise – to taste;
- Salt – to taste;
- Lemon juice – to taste.
Cooking time: 10 minutes. Calorie – 300 kilocalories.
Preparation of salad from canned sea kale, corn and vegetables:
- Onions clean, wash, cut finely, fry;
- Eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, diced, mixed with fried onions and kelp;
- Squeeze the garlic in the garlic and put in the same container;
- All mixed with mayonnaise, seasoned with lemon juice, add some salt – the dish is ready.
Laminaria is used in dried, fresh and canned form. In the latter case, it has the same beneficial properties as fresh. Its excellent combination with meat dishes, some cereals, vegetables allows you to create many tasty and healthy dishes..
Sea canned cabbage can be served on the table in combination with other seafood, crab meat, rice porridge, corn, as well as fish dishes.
However, it is important to know that there is a large amount of iodine in the composition of kelp, so do not abuse this product. Enough 20-30 grams per day in order to fill all the needs of the body in this trace element.
If there are no contraindications for the use of kelp, you can safely cook dishes for your family using such a valuable and healthy product..
Experienced housewives are able to create their own culinary masterpieces, especially in the form of salads, with canned sea kale.