Glaze with gelatin keeps well on the cake, it does not crack and does not crumble. Baking will look beautiful on the table, which is important if the arrival of guests is expected. There are many recipes for such coverage of different degrees of complexity. First, you can try a simple way to make it, to see if you like it, or it’s better to try other types of decoration..
|sugar –||1 cup|
|pure filtered or mineral water –||6 tbsp.|
|gelatin –||1 tsp.|
|citric acid solution –||0.3-0.5 tsp.|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 342 Kcal|
The products for this recipe are readily available and inexpensive. If desired, you can add at its discretion natural dyes and flavors. In the following recipe, the glaze for cakes with gelatin is obtained simply white..
For the solution, take 1 teaspoon of acid and dissolve it completely in 2 teaspoons of hot water. The liquids are then allowed to cool..
On the packaging is usually described the method of cultivation of gelatin and the time it takes. 1 tablespoon of granules is poured with 2 tablespoons of water. In due time gelatin swells. Now you need to start cooking syrup.
A glass of sugar poured 4 tablespoons of water in an aluminum pan. Cook the mixture until sugar is dissolved. After boiling, add acid, and then – gelatin. Stir the mixture until all components are completely dissolved..
Then beat the hot syrup with a mixer until it thickens and becomes an even white color. In this form, sugar glaze with gelatin can be spread over the surface of the cake..
Usually in the mass are formed small bubbles, which will soon disappear, and when smearing with a brush or spatula, they can be easily removed. Coat usually coats for 1.5 – 2 hours.
Glaze for cake with gelatin and cocoa
Easter cake with chocolate icing is a rather unusual choice, but the combination of butter dough and cocoa coating is very interesting. Therefore, rather, write down a recipe for a glaze cake with gelatin and cocoa..
- 170 g of cane (white and white can be, but brown is more suitable for confectionery purposes) sugar;
- 75 g of cocoa powder (better if it is unsweetened, natural);
- 90 g cream (33%);
- 100 g of water;
- 12 g of gelatin (in the form of transparent plates or powder).
Cooking time: 30 minutes (but the icing hardens for several hours).
Caloric content in 100 g: 350 kcal.
Gelatin is dissolved in water according to the instructions on the pack. Sugar is mixed with cocoa. Pour the mixture with cream and water and mix thoroughly. Cook the cocoa with sugar at a low temperature until the liquid starts to boil.
A minute later set aside from the plate syrup. Add swollen gelatin, mix. Pour the mixture into a bowl or glass, close tightly with cling film and put in the refrigerator overnight..
The next day, you can melt it in a water bath and quickly spread it on the surface of Easter cakes. Smooth with a spoon or spatula and leave to harden for 3-5 hours.
Recipe with condensed milk
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 1 tbsp. condensed milk (boiled);
- 1 tsp gelatin granules;
- 6 tbsp. water.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Caloric content in 100 g: 354 kcal.
Prepare gelatin to be added to the syrup according to the instructions in 2 tablespoons of water (cold). Sugar with four tablespoons of water in an aluminum pan boil, add gelatin, turn off in a minute.
Dilute the condensed milk in syrup and beat until thickened with a mixer. The mixture is ready for application to the cakes. Frozen icing with condensed milk gelatin on an Easter cake will be 1.5 – 3 hours.
It is better to beat the mass immediately after switching off the stove, so choose such a pan for cooking the syrup, which will not suffer if you use a mixer in it.
Any glaze can be decorated on top with candied fruit, almond petals, or coconut or chocolate chips. Ways of decoration are not limited by any rules – it all depends on the taste and imagination of the person who is preparing the Easter cake.
Reviews about the glaze for the cake with gelatin readers sent us by mail with the following content:
- Wonderful recipes! I add a pinch of vanillin to the white glaze for aroma.
- I tried to make sugar glaze with gelatin and I am very pleased – I add a drop of fruit juice or melted chocolate and different colors are obtained. Kids like to draw something, write colorful icing on the cake.
- I did not immediately get the icing, a little whisk the first time. But the second time it came out perfectly – glossy, sweet, does not crack and does not move away from the surface. Fell in love with this recipe!
- I saw photos of cakes with glossy glaze on the Internet and decided that such a coating would also look great on a cake. I was looking for a clear recipe for a long time so that I could make the same icing. While I tried chocolate and white just – very tasty and beautiful..