Pumpkin-hospitality – this is how the Russian peasants called this vegetable. In the southern part of Russia, pumpkin can be seen in any garden. Unpretentious, growing equally well in almost any weather, not susceptible to diseases and pests of other plants, producing very large fruits, it has long provided the peasant family with many different options of dishes that could be cooked in a Russian stove.
Among the advantages of this vegetable is that, after harvesting, it can be stored for a long time: no special storage conditions are required, except for dry cool air. And about the wealth of the hospitality for vitamins and minerals should be said separately.
Therefore, the vegetable is equally useful for children and adults, the sick and healthy. “Lady Pumpkin”, if skillfully cooked, becomes not just a meal, but a very appetizing delicacy: it makes salads, cakes, pancakes, cutlets and much more.
Try cooking – we are sure you will like it. Recipes for lenten dishes of pumpkin read on.
|fresh carrot –||250 grams|
|raw pumpkin –||250 grams|
|green apples sweet and sour varieties –||250 grams|
|canned green peas –||1 spoon|
|garlic –||1 clove|
|coriander, dill seed –||on a pinch|
|Time for preparing: 15 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 55 Kcal|
If you prepare such a salad in winter and early spring, it will be the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from vitamin deficiency, loss of strength and depression, which often occur against the background of chronic vitamin deficiency.
All components are sold in the markets, as well as in grocery stores at any time of the year, and are quite inexpensive. If you have a cottage, all this can be grown there. A schoolgirl will be able to cook as well, if a mother allows her to use a kitchen knife and a grater. So, let’s begin.
- All raw ingredients should be cleaned and washed in running water;
- Grate vegetables, cut apples into strips;
- Mix the ingredients well;
- Salt to taste, seasoned with dill seed and coriander.
If you wish, you can put green onion feathers, but you can not add.
To prepare this dish you will need the following ingredients:
- pulp of ripe pumpkin – 400 gr .;
- wheat flour – 0.5 kg;
- dry yeast – half a bag;
- granulated sugar – 5 table. spoons;
- salt – half a spoonful;
- sunflower oil – 4 table. spoons;
- thick apple jam for the filling – the amount to taste.
Cooking time – 2 hours.
Calories per 100 g – 659.
Calorie content can be reduced by reducing the amount of sugar and changing the filling – for example, fresh apples instead of jam, or anything unsweetened.
- Peel the pumpkin, separate the flesh from the peel, cut into pieces;
- Fold in a saucepan, pour water to completely cover the pieces, and cook until ready;
- When they are soft, drain the water, put the pumpkin pulp in a blender and whip to a puree;
- Vegetable puree, salt, sugar, add flour and yeast, knead the dough thoroughly;
- Cover and put in a warm place for 1.5 – 2 hours to fit. The volume of the test should grow two and a half – three times;
- Knead the dough again, dividing it into 15-20 small lumps;
- Rolling each lump, put in the middle of the filling and fashion the pie;
- Put the pies on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and leave min on the table. at 20-30 – the dish should be separated;
- Lubricate the surface of each strong sweet tea and put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees Celsius.
Baking takes 25-30 minutes. In the baking process, you can smear the cakes with tea again – this will make them blush.
Pancakes like grandma
To cook lean and delicious pumpkin pancakes, the hostess will need:
- ripe and sweet pumpkin pulp – half a kilo;
- sugar sand – 3-5 table. l., depending on the individual taste;
- flour from durum wheat – half a cup;
- natural bee honey for lubrication – as much as you like;
- vegetable oil for frying – on the eye;
- salts – pinch;
- Cinnamon – Pinch.
Cooking time – 45 minutes.
Calorie content – 553 per 100 gr. (maybe less, depends on the amount of sugar and honey in the dish).
The recipe for lenten dishes in the form of pancakes step by step:
- Peel a ripe vegetable, peel it off, and rub it on a fine grater;
- Salt, sugar, how to stir;
- Kneading, gradually add the flour component to make a homogeneous dough;
- Scale medium-sized pancakes out of it and fry in a pan in sunflower oil until golden brown on both sides;
- Smear with honey, put in a baking dish, cover with a lid and put in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes;
- Putting ready pancakes on a plate, sprinkle them with cinnamon.
If you do not have enough time, you can do without baking, limiting yourself to simple roasting – the taste of pancakes will not get worse. The dish is served for breakfast, afternoon tea or dinner, adding to it tea, fruit juice or fruit juice, but the pancakes are tasty in and of themselves..
Cutlets – like candy
This option will diversify the menu of those who consider it necessary to comply with the food post. Lean food does not necessarily have to be monotonous and tasteless. For pumpkin cutlets you need to take:
- pumpkin pulp – 500 gr .;
- oatmeal – 1 stack;
- potato tubers – 1 pc .;
- medium bulb – 1 pc .;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- salt and spices – depending on the need;
- bread crumbs – 0.5 stack.
Cooking time – 20 minutes.
Calories in 100 g – 99.
Step by Step Preparation.
- Oatmeal pour hot water over it, so that it covers the flakes, and leave to swell for 15-20 minutes;
- During this time, rub the pumpkin pieces, potatoes and garlic on a fine grater, and the onion on the coarse side of the grater. All salt and pepper, mix well;
- Add swollen flakes and knead well again;
- Scoop out small masses of patties, roll in breading and fry in any vegetable oil until light golden brown.
The dish is ready – bon appetit! Garnish can serve fresh or steamed vegetables..
Pumpkin dishes in the slow cooker: recipes for the whole family
Of course, delicious meatless dishes can also be cooked in a miracle pot, which has become the best helper of housewives, and is similar to a magic pot from a fairy tale that cooked everything they ordered, including fasting soups. First, take:
- pumpkin pulp – 0.5 kg;
- onions and carrots – 1 pc .;
- garlic – 3 small teeth;
- water – half a liter;
- salt, pepper, greens – as you like;
- kernels of roasted pumpkin seeds – 2 tbsp;
- var. butter.
Cooking time – about an hour.
Caloric content – 96/100 g.
- Rub carrots on a coarse grater, chop onion, put everything in a bowl;
- Add small cubes of main vegetable;
- Set the switch to baking mode for 7-12 minutes
- Then pour in water, add salt and spices, and cook, setting the mode to “soup”, 30-35 minutes;
- Pour the finished soup into the bowl of the blender, adding garlic passed through the garlic press and scoop to puree..
- Spilling soup in plates, decorate with greens and add roasted seeds.
Such a dish will appeal even to those who have never thought about fasting..
Loaf in a multivariate
This fragrant loaf can be eaten together with the soup-puree, and separately. His cooking will take quite a long period of time, but the dish, the resultant, will reward the hostess. It consists of:
- high-grade flour – 450 gr .;
- vegetables – 170 gr .;
- warm water – 125 ml;
- dry yeast – 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt and sugar – 2 tsp;
- var. oil – 2 tbsp .;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- herbs, spices, chili pepper – to taste.
Cooking time – 2 hours.
Calories per 100 g – 295.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into pieces, boil until cooked and mash in a blender, or knead with a wooden pestle;
- Finely chop the garlic and fry in oil with chili pepper, then separate the oil component, strain it, and leave to cool;
- Pour water into deep dishes, pouring the same yeast and sugar, stir well. Set aside for 10 minutes;
- Add vegetable puree, mix and salt;
- Gradually adding sifted flour to make a soft dough, add herbs, add rast. oil, knead everything thoroughly;
- Cover the dough with a paper napkin and let stand 40-45 minutes. Then shift it to the slow cooker, cover with a lid and wait another 45 minutes until it increases in volume;
- Turn on the slow cooker, putting it in baking mode for 1 hour.
- Turning the loaf, bake another 15 minutes. until crisp crust;
- Remove and cool.
Eat on health!
Here, how many variety of lenten dishes – from the first to the dessert – can be prepared from a wonderful pumpkin, which even the most experienced gardener will not be able to grow without much difficulty.