For the normal functioning of the body, each person should include in their diet a variety of foods that contain the necessary vitamins and minerals. And therefore, tuna is an indispensable food because its meat contains omega-3 acids, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium, and many other useful components..
With all the nutritional wealth per 100 grams of tuna, there are only 140 calories and therefore it is often included in the diet of sick people or those who are on a diet. Cooking this fish is easy and fast, and a variety of dishes will delight any hostess..
Subtleties of choice
The quality and taste of the dish primarily depends on the condition of the fish. It is best to buy not frozen fish, but if the sea is far away, then this possibility is unlikely. In any case, when buying a whole carcass you should pay attention to:
- color – carcass should have a light shade;
- weight – no more than 2 kg;
- fins – they must be intact and free from damage.
If a fillet is purchased, it should be dark red without brown spots. If the color is not uniform – most likely the fillet is not fresh. It is best to buy a sirloin from the abdomen of tuna – this is where the most tender and juicy meat.
Thawed fish should be gradually at room temperature. To clean and chop – with a sharp knife until the fish is completely thawed – it will be more convenient. As soon as the head is removed, it is necessary to take the fish by the tail and firmly hold to remove the scales. The upper fin is very easy to cut, making two oblique deep cuts deep into the carcass.
Once the fish is cleaned, it can be chopped into steaks, cut into pieces and start cooking any dish if desired. Tuna can be baked, fried, added to salads and pies and even cooked. The main thing is not to expose the fish to too high temperatures – 180 degrees in the oven is enough for it, otherwise it will turn out to be dry and tasteless..
The main secret of delicious fish is herbs and lemon. It is these two components that make it fragrant and juicy..
|tuna –||whole fresh-frozen carcass (500-700 g)|
|lemon juice –||10-20 ml|
|vegetable oil –||½ tbsp. l.|
|water –||30 ml|
|sea salt –||10 g|
|pepper mix –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 150 Kcal|
One of the easiest and fastest dishes that has a bright taste and will not leave anyone indifferent.
- It is best to buy a carcass without a head and already cleaned to save time on dressing. Then you just need to wash the fish, dry with napkins and start cooking, otherwise – you need to remove the head, scales and fins;
- Rub the carcass with spices outside, then make a neat cut across the abdomen and rub inside. It is best to use large sea edible salt, but it is possible and cooking;
- Expand the sheet of foil so that the glossy side is left outside and put fish in it;
- Oil and juice mix, brush smear well inside and out;
- Cut half of the lemon into beautiful circles and put it inside the fish, leaving a couple of pieces for decoration on top;
- Wrap the fish completely in foil so that it fits snugly;
- Put the carcass in the form and pour water into it;
- Bake 50 min. at 180 ° C.
Tender tuna steaks marinated in herbs and spices will decorate any table and let you taste the taste of oriental cuisine.
- tuna – 800 gr (steaks);
- olive or vegetable oil – 150 gr;
- parsley – ½ bunch;
- garlic – 3 tooth .;
- lemon extract – 5 ml;
- ground paprika – 5 gr;
- salt – pinch.
Time Spent: 45 minutes.
Calorie: 115 calories.
- In a blender bowl, mix parsley, peeled garlic, lemon juice and ground paprika. All mix until smooth;
- Pour in the resulting puree half of olive oil and mix again;
- Put fish steaks in an enamel bowl and pour them in two parts of the whole sauce;
- Cover dishes with cling film and marinate in the fridge for half an hour;
- Half an hour later, each steak to get and, removing the excess sauce, put on a hot frying pan;
- Fry steaks on one side for 3 minutes, then turn over and 2 minutes on the other;
- Serve tuna to a side dish of rice or vegetables, watering the remaining marinade.
Fish fillet with orange sauce in a pan
This recipe is widespread in Japan. The fish is quickly fried in a pan and served with the sauce, in which it should be dipped. Consider in detail how to fry tuna fillets in a pan.
- tuna meat – 1/2 kg;
- cooking oil for frying;
- green beans – 0.3 kg (for garnish);
- butter – 10 g;
- soy sauce – 15 ml (for sauce);
- salt – on the tip of a knife;
- sesame seeds – 50 gr;
- pepper – 1/3 tsp;
- orange juice – 20 ml (for sauce);
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l (for sauce).
Required time: 40 minutes.
Calorie: 110 calories.
- Cut tuna fillet into sausages (width – 4 cm, height – 3 cm);
- Grate the sausages with ground pepper and salt (you can not salt) and send in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, previously shook in the film;
- Get tuna and roll each piece in sesame;
- Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil over medium heat. In the hot oil send grilled sausages;
- On each side, each piece should be roasted for 30 seconds, it is then that the meat turns slightly pinkish inside and this makes it incredibly juicy and tasty;
- After the tuna fry, let it soak for 10 minutes and then cut it into small pieces;
- Boil beans or fry as desired;
- All ingredients for the sauce mix;
- Serve the beans with pieces of tuna, which must be dipped in the sauce and eat.
Baked steaks with vegetables in the oven
Baked in the oven on a pillow of vegetables steaks from tuna smell so incredible that they disappear in your mouth at the speed of light. This low-calorie meal can be eaten on any diet..
- fish steaks – 4 pcs .;
- one zucchini;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 large pieces;
- tomatoes in juice – 250 gr;
- olive oil – 3 tbsp. l;
- olives – 150 grams (canned);
- red onion;
- lemon – a few cloves;
- garlic – 4 tooth .;
- parsley and basil – 150 gr;
- thyme and rosemary – 4 sprigs each;
- a mixture of ground peppers – to taste;
- salt – on the tip of a knife.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
- Tuna steaks should not be thick – a maximum of 2 cm in thickness;
- All vegetables to prepare, wash and remove the husk and peel;
- Pepper, onion and zucchini cut into half rings and chop the garlic;
- On medium heat, heat 2/3 of the oil in a frying pan and spasserovat onions and garlic together;
- After 5 minutes, throw the Bulgarian pepper over them and keep it on fire until the latter is soft;
- Zucchini, thyme, rosemary and slightly pureed tomatoes are also sent to the pan;
- Simmer everything together for 15 minutes while adding pepper and salt;
- Sprinkle tuna with the remains of olive oil and rub with pepper and salt;
- When the vegetables are ready – put them in a baking dish, taking out a sprig of rosemary and thyme;
- Put steaks and olives on the vegetable pillow with chopped parsley and basil. Lemon rings shift steaks;
- Bake 10 minutes in the oven (200 ° C);
- Serve hot.
Cooking recipe in a slow cooker
This savory dish is perfect for a festive table. Cooking fish in a slow cooker separately from the sauce, but served together.
- tuna – 0.3 kg;
- shrimp – 6 pcs. (large);
- tomato paste – 30 ml;
- bread crumbs – 100 gr;
- clarified butter – 2 tbsp. l;
- bulb onion;
- sugar – 20 grams;
- garlic powder – 1 tsp;
- water – 50 ml;
- vegetable oil for roasting;
- flour – 20 g;
Time Spent: 50 minutes.
Calorie: 150 calories.
- You can cook both fresh fish and frozen. The ideal option would be small pieces of fillet;
- Switch on the slow cooker to the “Baking” or “Frying” mode (depending on the specific model);
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl and heat it. Put the pieces of fish and peeled shrimps into the bowl. Pre-fish and shrimp should be dipped in breadcrumbs and lightly salted;
- Fry for 15 minutes turning;
- As soon as the fish is ready – get it and put it in a deep dish;
- In the same mode, heat the ghee;
- Onions peel and chop. Add to the butter and spasserovat until soft. Throw salt and garlic powder;
- Add tomato paste and sugar to vegetables;
- Stir the flour in water and pour it into the bowl. Bring sauce to a boil;
- As soon as the sauce boils pour it into fish and shrimp.
Dishes with canned tuna
If fresh fish is expensive and not everyone can afford it, then canned tuna, which is cheaper, but has the same nutrients in its composition and is also tasty, would be an excellent option.!
Tuna and Tomato Salad
One of the simple and quick salads that are perfect for a quick working lunch or a romantic dinner for two.
- tuna – 1 can (about 100 grams);
- Cherry tomatoes – 250 g;
- cucumber – 100 g;
- paprika – 100 g;
- garlic – 1 tooth .;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l;
- lettuce leaves – 3 pcs .;
- Nuts of choice – 50 gr;
- basil – 50 g;
- spices to taste.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Caloric content: 98 kcal.
- Open the can of fish and remove all the liquid;
- Disassemble tuna into small pieces, after removing the bones, if any;
- Tomatoes should be cut in half, if ordinary tomatoes are used, then all the seeds must be removed so that the salad is not liquid;
- Cucumbers cut into half rings or quarters, if the cucumber is large;
- Pepper chop into small cubes;
- Chop the basil and lettuce leaves and chop the garlic;
- All ingredients are mixed in a salad bowl, seasoned with oil and adding all the spices;
- Decorate with chopped nuts.
Dietary Fish Cutlets
These cutlets entered the Dukan diet menu and are great for those who want to lose weight. But thanks to their taste and low calorie content, they will suit everyone who loves fish and is worried about health..
- canned tuna – 150 gr;
- low-fat cottage cheese – 30 gr;
- oat bran – 2 tbsp. l;
- cayenne pepper – 3 g;
- salt – 2 gr.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Calorie: 103 calories.
- Drain excess liquid from tuna and knead it in a deep bowl with a fork;
- Grind oat bran in a blender and make flour (you can buy bran oat flour together);
- All ingredients mix and mix the mince;
- On the stove heat the pan with a non-stick coating;
- Spread the chops with a spoon and fry until ready.
Tuna is served in many fashionable restaurants and the chefs know their cooking secrets. Here are some of them:
- Thawing the fish is best done gradually – just pull it out for the night from the freezer and in the morning you can cook it;
- Frozen steaks should be cooked without first defrosting, otherwise they risk spreading out;
- Marinate tuna from half an hour to 2 hours. The longer he is in the marinade, the more succinct comes out in the end;
- If the fish is not pre-marinated, then before frying it needs to lie down for 30 minutes at room temperature;
- The perfect tuna is when, after frying, it has an appetizing brown crust on the outside and pinkish meat inside;
- It is very important not to overdo the fish. In the oven, it usually takes 10-15 minutes, and in the pan 3-4 minutes.
Tuna is one of the most useful and delicious fish in the world. It is necessary to try at least once to cook it at home, and he will become a regular guest on the table!