Peas can be called a universal product for cooking..
It is great for making soups, cereals, noodles, pies, and even jelly.
Pea groats in the composition of any dish gives it additional nutritional and taste qualities..
One of the recipes with the use of ground peas, which has reached our days, without losing its features – pea porridge or, in other words, mashed potatoes.
Nevertheless, with the development of the industry of production of kitchen mechanisms that can simplify cooking, many goodies can now be prepared by using such a universal device as a slow cooker.
|peas –||2 multi cups|
|water –||0.9 liters|
|vegetable or butter –||optional|
|Time for preparing: 210 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 92 Kcal|
Before cooking, peas are soaked for 2 hours in ordinary cold water..
Then it goes to the slow cooker, is filled with water and salted..
The device starts up in “Long” mode..
On some models it is labeled as “Buckwheat / Groats”.
As soon as the signal of the multicooker readiness is heard, the pea porridge is filled with oil according to the recipe, and then immediately sent to the table.
If you make mashed potatoes according to the above recipe, it can become a full-fledged side dish to the second, and is also an excellent independent dish..
And here is a video guide for those who like to visually watch the whole cooking process:
Pea porridge with meat in a slow cooker
This dish is very satisfying, and also useful due to the use of ingredients that fill the “gaps” in the nutrients of peas..
In order to cook pea porridge with meat in a slow cooker, you will need:
- 2 cups of peas;
- 7 beef ribs;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 4 glasses of water;
- salt and herbs to taste.
Carrots and onions are cut into small cubes, and then multicookers are laid out in a bowl..
Beef ribs and washed peas are also sent there..
The contents of the bowl of the device is filled with water, salted, and then thoroughly mixed..
The slow cooker must first be switched to “Extinguishing” mode.
Dish is cooked about 2 hours.
After the allotted time, the beef will become soft, and the meat can be easily separated from the bones.
At the same time peas will melt.
Pea puree is laid out on plates, and on top is covered with meat pieces, sprinkled with greens and served to the table.
Differences cooking porridge in different multicookers
As you know, multicookers of different manufacturers are quite different not only in appearance, but also in functionality.
All of them have their own characteristics, which means that the process of cooking the same dish in each of them will differ slightly:
- Polaris. Many models of multicookers of this company have the “Multipovar” mode, which is great for cooking porridges. Also, for cooking pea porridge in a multi-cooker Polaris, you can use the mode “Stewing” and “Beans”.
- Panasonic. Chopped onions until golden brown can be fried by selecting the “Baking” mode. After that spices are added. If you plan to cook pea porridge with meat, the stuffing is sent to Panasonic multicooker after the spices. All this is mixed and well cooked. After adding peas and water, the device is switched to the “Milk porridge” mode..
- Scarlet Pea porridge in the Scarlet multicooker is cooked in the “Quenching” mode for 1 hour. If the peas have not been soaked before, it will take 2 hours, then the dish will be pasty. For lovers of thick porridge is better to use the mode “Beans”.
- Phillips. The peas are soaked for several hours, and stewed in the “Rice / buckwheat” mode until the water is completely absorbed. Compound pea porridge – onion, vegetables and meat – are fried in the Phillips “Frying vegetables” mode.
- Redmond. To reduce the cooking time of pea porridge in a Redmond multicooker to 40 minutes, the peas are pre-washed and soaked (preferably at night). The “Quenching” mode is used. Meat and onions are fried in the “Baking” mode.
All the above manipulations with switching modes when using different miracle machines are needed because of their different power and features of their work..
Secrets of experienced chefs
- To speed up the cooking process, the peas should be well washed and soaked in ordinary water for several hours. Then the cooking time will be about 1 hour. You can still shorten it by 20 minutes so that the peas are soaked overnight. Often, this method of preparation is resorted to if cooking pea porridge in a slow cooker is planned for breakfast..
- If the peas do not soak, the cooking time will be about 2 hours.
- Cook pea porridge in a multi-cooker-pressure cooker is necessary until such time as it does not absorb all the water.
- Before serving, it is best to let the dish stand for about 10 minutes..
- Puree will be even tastier and more nutritious if cooked with milk.
- When frying the ingredients in a bowl, for example, onions and meat, it is imperative to add a little vegetable oil so that they do not burn. In addition, it will protect the vessel itself from overheating, so that it should be well lubricated.
- When working with a multivariate, you can use one of several modes, for example, “Quenching”, “Rice / buckwheat” or “Beans”. In principle, when cooking just peas, only the cooking time will differ, and even then not much.
When diagnosing chronic circulatory failure, its amount must be greatly reduced..
Here is another interesting variant of this dish: