Why homemade yogurt is so popular?
The answer to this question is known to all supporters of a healthy lifestyle, watching their diet..
Dairy products are much healthier than regular milk, and the composition of home-cooked yogurt, without preservatives, dyes and chemical additives.
Before you start preparing a recipe for homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker and cover in detail all the nuances of this process, let’s prepare the device itself..
Immediately before laying the products, both the jars and the container must be removed from the unit, washed thoroughly and sterilized..
Many housewives instead of the usual saucepan with boiling water use a double boiler for this purpose, placing the removable elements of the yogurt maker for 10 minutes down the bottom.
In extreme cases, you need to pour the device with boiling water..
This is done in order to get rid of third-party microorganisms that can interfere with the milk ripening technology..
The principle of the leaven
It can be said that the starter in the recipe for making yoghurt in a yogurt maker acts similarly to that used to make kvass, where each subsequent batch is made on the basis of the previous one..
The powder is mixed with milk in the proportions indicated in the instructions and a separate container is used for this purpose, or the ingredients are immediately mixed in container jars..
We offer you a video that examines and characterizes different types of starters:
|pasteurized milk –||1 l|
|vanilla pod –||1 PC|
|leaven dry –||2-3 tablespoons|
|Time for preparing: 360 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 68 Kcal|
Vanilla yogurt is considered to be the simplest and most delicious variant of homemade dessert..
The fact is that the pieces of berries and fruits, sugar and other additives are used after the completion of the ripening process..
However, this statement does not apply to vanilla pods, which can be laid with milk and sourdough directly into the unit..
If you do not want to cook this dessert based on natural vanilla flavoring, then use 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
The only caveat is that vanilla powder is added to the finished product..
And now we are going to prepare the recipe for natural yogurt in a yogurt maker..
Cut the pod lengthways and put it in a saucepan where the milk will boil.
After it undergoes heat treatment, vanilla can be removed from the composition, slightly cooled and cut into as many pieces as there are jars for dessert..
In a separate vessel, mix the sourdough powder and milk, pour the composition into jars.
At the end of the process in the middle of each portion we place the prepared vanilla slice..
We close the unit, set the required parameters and wait for the allotted (depending on the model) time.
Then remove the container in the fridge for 4 hours.
This time is enough for a delicious and healthy dessert to get its final shape..
Homemade yogurt with the addition of Activia and jam
For the preparation of this dish we need ready drinking yogurt Activia.
The main thing to trace back in the store at the shelf, so that the release date of the product indicates its maximum freshness..
Then dessert will turn out to be spectacular..
Here is the complete list of components used:
- pasteurized milk maximum fat content – 1 l;
- Activia – 5 tbsp. spoons;
- jam (any) – 1 tbsp. spoon per serving.
This moment can be left to the discretion of the hostess herself, because when it comes to feeding children, the fat content of milk plays a big role..
But for themselves, beloved, housewives often prefer to cook low-fat dishes in order to preserve slimness and beauty.
The cooking method will be as follows:
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, then cool to a warm (36-40 degrees) state.
- In a small amount of milk, mix the Activation amount indicated in the recipe, then completely combine the milk formulas..
- As you can see, this time we have the finished product as the starter. Now it remains to distribute the components in portions. At the bottom of each cup, put one spoon of your favorite jam, then fill the container with milk mixture. The total time to get the finished product – from 4 to 8 hours.
Important: the more time spent the initial composition in the working unit, the thicker the product is obtained at the output.
However, there is a danger of excessive ripening..
Therefore, do not miss that fine line, where an unparalleled rich taste turns into sourness.
We put the finished product in the refrigerator for the final preparation..
Immediately before use, it is recommended to mix the jam and fermented milk.
In the video, attached below, the method of cooking will be shown not with jam, but with dried apricots and cereals:
Unusual dessert for coffee lovers in Moulinex yogurt maker
This dish is prepared with the addition of your favorite instant coffee..
The methods of preparation of the unit, as well as the proportions of the use of the leaven, remain identical to the previous recommendations..
To make a recipe for coffee yogurt in the Moulinex yogurt maker, you will need the following components:
- granulated sugar – 100 g;
- instant coffee – 4 tbsp. spoons;
- medium fat milk – 1 liter.
- dry sourdough ready (3 tbsp. spoons) or 1 serving of homemade yoghurt cooked the day before.
Milk, according to tradition, is heated on low heat and bring to a boil.
Add sugar and coffee to the product, then, already chilled to 40 degrees, enrich with leaven and lightly beat with a mixer.
Our coffee dessert will continue to reach readiness with the help of the miracle machine..
Spill in portions and set the intended mode.
After time, cool the dish, by analogy with the previous recipes.
And now look very easy and simple version of the delicacy for the Mulinex yogurt maker:
Delicate yogurt with fresh fruit pieces for the Redmond unit
For this type of dessert, you can use soft fruits or citrus fruits..
Here is a list of required ingredients:
- banana (you can use orange, grapefruit, mandarin or kiwi) – 1 pc;
- milk – 1 liter;
- granulated sugar – 100 g;
- water – 80 g;
- dry sourdough Evitalia or a portion of the former yogurt.
Fresh fruit is cleaned, chopped and heated over low heat, adding sugar and water to the saucepan..
Boil fruit pieces in syrup relies at least 5 minutes.
Separately heat the milk and mix it with the fruit mass after cooling..
It remains to add the starter and pour the contents of the portions..
Here is such a simple process of cooking yogurt in an excellent Redmond yogurt maker.
Such tasty supplements!
Immediately warn all lovers to consider useful trace elements and bacteria in each fermented milk product: adding sugar to the dish will not worsen the quality of the product.
Since few people would dare to taste a fermented milk product without sweeteners and fruit fillers, usually fruit and berry pieces, muesli, dried fruits and other suitable components are added to the composition before use..
Fans of extravagant taste can taste the product with the addition of salt and finely chopped greens.
- Never add sugar before putting products into the container. In this case, the useful fermented milk bacteria in the aggregate will begin to process not the lactose contained in milk, but sucrose. Then the dish may simply not work. Sugar can be added before laying the finished cups in the fridge..
- So that sugar does not crunch on the teeth while eating a tasty mass, use this advice: dilute granulated sugar in a small amount of water to the consistency of syrup, and only then use it for its intended purpose.
- Canned and thermally processed fruits (as in our previous recipe) can be put directly into the yogurt maker, but fresh pieces are added only to the finished composition, since they can affect the fermentation of milk.
Following all the recommendations, every housewife will get any recipes for homemade yoghurts in a yogurt maker..
They will be natural, which means taking care of the health of loved ones.
And, as you know, health is a great value for any person..
By the way, the original and very tasty homemade yogurt can be obtained without yogurt maker..
See for yourself the video recipe and do not forget to make it yourself: