How to cook porridge? Is it possible to experiment with taste? In what proportions to count the ingredients? How beautiful to serve the finished dish?
Answers to all questions can be found in constant practice. After all, the best dishes are prepared with love! It will be enough to find out a couple of little secrets and voila …
From millet since ancient times cooked cereals, soups, added it to the soup and stuffed pies.
The unique properties of millet
Millet porridge, and even with a pumpkin in the milk – a storehouse of vitamins. Even the ancient Slavs attached great importance to this croup..
She was always present at their tables. Easy to prepare and incredibly tasty. Undoubtedly, this dish will be a favorite breakfast for the whole family..
Millet porridge is a source of health, because:
- Serves as a body cleaner;
- Improves the bowels;
- Lowers blood cholesterol.
The benefit of porridge is also in the fact that it improves memory. It contains lecithin and silicon. The latter, by the way, is responsible for the healthy appearance of the skin, hair, nails, for the proper functioning of tendons, lymph nodes and other vital organs of the human body..
The energy value of the product per hundred grams of dry cereal is 348 kcal. Millet porridge, thanks to the complex carbohydrates that make up its composition, is a universal source of energy. This is a more productive way to get calories..
But in this barrel of honey there is a spoon of tar. People with a predisposition to thyroid disease experts recommend moderately include millet in food. It has a peculiarity to keep iodine uptake by the body..
Some historical information
Archaeologists were able to determine that millet came to Europe, most likely from China. In the Neolithic, this particular grain crop was grown on a large scale..
Compared to rice, millet is less whimsical in growing. Residents made from wheat flour, sweets, soups and porridge.
In the sixteenth century, when corn and potatoes came to Europe, such useful and easy-to-prepare porridge disappeared from the tables of many housewives. Now croup is gaining popularity again due to increased interest in healthy eating..
Over the years, the benefits of millet became known more and more, and now the secret of “tasty” strengthening your health and improving your appearance is available to the person..
Nuances of cooking healthy cereals
Of course, every hostess in service has its own time-tested recipes for making millet porridge on milk. Many of them differ not only in the preparation method, but also in the products that make up the porridge additives..
Nevertheless, there are universal secrets of the kitchen that turn work into creativity:
- It will be enough to go through the grits before cooking. Thus, the grains are polished and, when cooked, they open completely;
- Cooks are advised to wash millet seven times. Six of them – cold, and the last – in hot water. So the bitterness must disappear;
- Fluid can be a lot. Do not give this value. After all, it will still need to be drained when the grain is almost cooked;
- By adding hot milk, a viscous consistency is formed. Milk grains of millet are opened and boiled soft, giving the dish its special charm.
|Sahara –||two tablespoons|
|water –||two glasses|
|of milk –||two glasses|
|butter –||25 grams|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 119 Kcal|
Such a taste of millet on milk familiar from childhood … It’s easier to find a recipe than this.
Millet pour water and cook on low heat. After boiling, you need to drain the water that did not evaporate, and add all the remaining ingredients..
Boil, stirring occasionally. After twenty minutes, remove from heat and close the lid for fifteen minutes.
Millet cooked in a slow cooker
Not enough time and effort? Still, there is on whose shoulders to shift the responsibilities of the kitchen! It is enough to load all the necessary components into the multicooker container and all that remains is to choose the mode.
Important information: proportions 1/5, where 1 is part of the cereal. The components of delicious millet porridge on milk for the multicooker are the following:
- A glass of millet;
- Salt to taste;
- Three tablespoons of sugar;
- Five glasses of milk.
We proceed directly to cooking the recipe for millet porridge on milk:
- Before adding cereal, it should be initially washed with water;
- The edges of the multicooker should be lubricated with sunflower oil. In this case, they will not burn;
- Add all the ingredients;
- Select the mode “Soup / porridge”;
This is an effective method to quickly eat. A convenient way to save time and nerves.
And now look at how to cook this delicious milk porridge with pumpkin in a multicooker:
Nutritious millet porridge with pumpkin on milk
Pumpkin gives porridge a sweetish taste. In ancient Russia, since ancient times, fragrant “gold” was served on the table..
- A glass of millet;
- Three glasses of milk;
- 35 grams of butter;
- A pound of pumpkin.
And now about how to cook millet porridge with pumpkin in milk, in detail with the photo:
- The fruit must be peeled and cut into cubes. The shape of the cubes depends on the fantasy of the cook;
- Add all the ingredients to the heated milk;
- Stir periodically until boiling;
- Chefs advise you to put the dish in the oven for thirty-five minutes.
Dried fruits and nuts can be added to such an airy millet porridge on milk with a pumpkin. When serving, you can decorate it with berries or pistachios..
Video recipe for breakfast described above:
Water cooking recipe
Millet porridge with pumpkin without milk on ordinary water can also be tasty. A bit of cinnamon surprisingly improves the aroma and taste of your favorite treat..
- One and a half glass of millet;
- Three glasses of water;
- 750 grams of pumpkin;
- Two tablespoons of sugar;
- Teaspoon cinnamon;
- Wash pumpkin, peel and cut into cubes;
- Seven or ten minutes, boil the pumpkin over medium heat;
- While the pumpkin is boiling, there is time to do millet. Groats are washed in the correct manner: six times in cold water and one in hot. Millet steam better, if you boil it before boiling it;
- Add the cereal to the pumpkin;
- Add remaining ingredients;
- Cook porridge until cooked. The main thing – do not forget to periodically stir porridge to avoid burning;
- After cooking, remove the porridge from the stove and cover with a towel for thirty minutes. Keeping warm, millet will be steamed in its own steam..
Fragrant pumpkin can be replaced by beans, poultry, meat or gifts of the deep sea. Only in this case, less sugar is required..
Millet porridge in pumpkin
Since pumpkin is a unique product rich in vitamin complex, the following recipe will be useful (especially with regular preparation) to survive the winter cold and not get sick.
In addition to the whole pumpkin, we need the following components:
- A glass of milk;
- Glass of water;
- Half a glass of millet;
- ½ pumpkin;
- 150 grams of raisins;
- Tablespoon sugar;
- Half a teaspoon of salt;
- 15 grams of butter.
- Boiled millet cook for about three minutes. Then you need to drain the water;
- Clean the pumpkin from the inside. Diced pulp cook for about fifteen minutes;
- In the pumpkin lay all the ingredients. Now you can salt and mix the dish;
- The next step will be to fill the pumpkin with milk and put it in the oven, heated to two hundred and fifty degrees for 40-45 minutes;
- This delicacy is served with butter, mint leaves or lemon balm..
We offer to see how the process of cooking this interesting dish looks like in the video story:
Storage of cereals and some more useful recommendations.
It is recommended to store the millet in a tightly closed dry container in a dark and cool place. Lack of light and air will ensure the quality of cereals.
But, as such, the term is limited. Watch out for this..
It is usually about nine months. Far East manufacturers have fewer, about six.
But what about taste experiments? Undoubtedly, you need to give free rein to your talent and fantasize enough.
In order to preserve your health, which, by the way, is invaluable, it is necessary to include this cereal crop in your diet. Enjoy your meal!