Eating hot porridge is a healthy and healthy habit. But it is at this time of the day every minute counts and then the slow cooker comes to the rescue. They were appreciated by parents of young children and adherents of a healthy diet..
Even if your little ones have already grown, try cooking your own pumpkin millet. These two products are simply made for each other and perfectly complement the tastes..
In addition, it will be a very healthy meal with lots of vitamins. After all, the slow cooker gently heats the ingredients, thereby retaining all the nutrients.
|Millet groats –||350 g|
|Ripe orange peeled pumpkin –||350 g|
|White onion –||1 PC|
|Refined vegetable oil –||30 g|
|White freshly ground pepper and coarse salt “sea” –||taste|
|Boiled water –||0.8 l|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 85 Kcal|
Supplemented by pumpkin, such porridge will be a full breakfast or dinner. It can also be used as a side dish for lean meat or fish..
Let’s start cooking vegetarian millet porridge:
- Rinse the millet thoroughly, the water should become transparent, at the end pour in boiling water;
- Soak the millet in cold water for an hour;
- Cut pumpkin into small cubes or grate it;
- Peel and finely chop the onion;
- Pour oil into the bowl of the slow cooker, put onions and pumpkin slices, turn on the “fry” or “baking” mode and set the timer for 15 minutes;
- After the beep, pour in the millet, pre-drain water from it;
- Stir the cereal with vegetables, salt and pepper, cover with purified boiled water;
- Close the multicooker lid, if your model has a valve to release steam, it should also be closed, the porridge should be sealed tightly;
- Set the timer to the mode “porridge” or “pilaf” for 30 minutes, after the end of cooking, open the steam valve or open the lid a little;
- Let the pumpkin pshenka stand for another 10 minutes;
- Serve it hot with black bread croutons..
Millet porridge with pumpkin in this recipe can be cooked in the oven. In addition, if you wish, before laying the vegetables, you can add sliced meat or minced meat – then this dish will completely replace the hearty lunch..
Millet porridge with dried apricots and pumpkin on milk in a slow cooker
Hot and sweet milk porridge is one of the most favorite children’s breakfasts. And adults will not refuse to try this dish..
The slow cooker allows you to significantly simplify the process of cooking any dish. Millet is prepared for a long time, it is ideal for cooking in the kitchen assistant.
For cooking you will need:
- Pumpkin ripe orange varieties (peeled) – 400 g;
- Dried apricots or dried apricots without stones – 100 g;
- Wheat groats – 1 multi-glass;
- Whole cow’s milk, UHT – 3 multi-cups;
- Purified boiled water – 2 multi-cups;
- Butter cow butter – 30 g;
- White or brown sugar – 2-3 tbsp;
- Non-flavored kitchen salt – to taste;
- You can add cinnamon and vanilla sugar to taste.
Let’s start cooking wheat millet with pumpkin:
- Clean the pumpkin, and rub it on a coarse grater, can be cut into small pieces;
- Dried apricots or apricots should be washed and pour boiling water for 20 minutes, then discarded on a sieve, cool and cut into strips;
- Millet must be rinsed, otherwise the porridge will be bitter, at the end fold it to a sieve and pour boiling water over it;
- Lubricate the bowl of the multicooker with butter, especially carefully walk a piece of fat on the top so that the milk does not run away;
- Put crushed pumpkin and chopped dried apricots into a bowl, pour millet grits, sprinkle with sugar and salt, stir;
- Pour milk mixed with water, dilute dairy product is not necessary;
- Close the multicooker lid and the steam release valve, turn on the milk porridge or grits mode, set the timer for 30 minutes;
- After cooking, let the porridge rest for another 30 minutes;
- Serve millet porridge with pumpkin and dried apricots for breakfast with a slice of butter.
The nuances of the use of culinary units of different brands
The Polaris multicooker is the easiest to use. Many models of this company have no special mode for making viscous milk porridge..
Experienced housewives advise you to use the “Soup” mode. There is a delayed start, but for millet it is necessary to add an hour to prevent it..
In the majority of Redmond multi-cooker models, there is the Porridge mode. More convenient function of delayed start and autoheating, which is very important for bringing the wheat with pumpkin to maximum readiness and pleasant softness.
Multivarki company “Panasonic” have a relatively high price. But its undoubted plus is maximum ease of handling. Pumpkin porridge is cooked very carefully, heated and ground. It turns out the perfect dish – as in a pot in the oven.
Regardless of whether you are going to cook the millet in a slow cooker or in a regular saucepan, you must take into account the peculiarities of this grain. The fact is that it contains not only a lot of protein, which is typical for all cereals, but also a lot of fat. This factor contributes to a sharp decrease in shelf life..
Buying millet in the store, pay attention to the date of packing, it should be no more than a couple of months. At home, it is difficult to maintain optimal storage conditions and avoid the hydrolysis of fats. They give this rump unpleasant bitterness.
Pumpkin goes well with any cereals, but with millet it turns out the most delicious. Give preference to cooking in a slow cooker, it will preserve the vitamins and the original taste of the ingredients. However, we must take into account some of the nuances:
- The slow cooker does not heat the liquid to a boil, which means that it is necessary to boil it beforehand or to take UHT milk;
- Delayed start is a very convenient function, but additional ingredients can sour milk, add them before cooking;
- Observe the proportions of the products, in the crock-pot the porridge is longer and more strongly absorbs the liquid, so its ratio to the grits should be somewhat different than for the pan.
With the help of this wonderful culinary aggregate, millet porridge with pumpkin is obtained rich, soft and tender. You can experiment with ingredients, add meat or dried fruits – but with the help of a kitchen assistant breakfast will always be delicious without much hassle..