Meat in French has the original name “Veau Orloff”.
For the first time a dish was prepared in Paris for the Russian Count Grigory Orlov, a favorite of the great Empress Catherine.
It was a veal baked with potatoes, onions and fried mushrooms with bechamel sauce..
It is noteworthy that this dish does not belong to the gourmet cuisine of France.
Analogues of food existed in Russia.
For example, meat baked under potato fur in Vladivostok was always called “Captain’s Meat”, but in central Russia there were similar dishes like “Diplomat” and “Surprise”.
Features cooking in a slow cooker
Such a device as a slow cooker, in a rather short period of time has become the favorite of thousands of housewives.
What is the difference in cooking meat in French in a slow cooker and oven??
The kitchen appliance is equipped with a special microprocessor that sets the necessary conditions for each mode..
Due to this, the temperature is evenly distributed throughout the bowl, this allows the product to remain juicy.
The cooking time depends on the weight of the food, so that the meat is cooked as much as it should.
Cooking in the oven requires constant supervision, often the hostess overdries the dish, moreover, if the oven is not working properly.
Meat in French, cooked in a slow cooker, will not turn out dry, but will certainly be covered with a tasty crust.
|pork –||500 g|
|bulbs –||1 PC.|
|tomatoes –||2-3 pieces.|
|carrots –||1 PC.|
|hard cheese –||150-200 g|
|black pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 184 Kcal|
- Rinse the pork meat well with warm water and then dry. Cut the flesh into thin slices and beat off with a kitchen hammer..
- Each slice of pork well promagte mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat on the bottom of the multicooker, pre-lubricated with a small amount of vegetable oil. Turn on the “Baking” for half an hour.
- At this time, prepare the vegetables. Peel carrots and white onions, rub carrots on the track, and chop onions finely. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices. Also rub the cheese.
- After half an hour, open the cover of the multicooker, turn the pork slices over, put carrots, onions and sliced tomatoes on top of each. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top..
- Turn on the “Baking” for another half an hour. When the meat in French is ready, lay it out of the slow cooker on a la carte plates. Serve the dish with boiled or baked potatoes and any other side dishes..
French chicken meat with mushrooms in a slow cooker
For cooking meat with chicken and mushrooms you will need:
- 600 g chicken fillet;
- 500 g of champignons;
- 2 onions;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 2 tomatoes;
- mayonnaise to taste;
- salt to taste;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 1 bunch of dill verdure.
- Rinse the chicken, dry and cut into slices, then be sure to repel it. Salt and pepper each morsel, season with your favorite spices as desired..
- Shred the champignons and fry separately in a pan. Onion cut into half rings, and tomatoes – slices. Crush fresh greens and rub cheese.
- Lubricate the bottom of the container in a slow cooker with a small amount of vegetable oil, put the chicken pieces. Slices chicken with mayonnaise, put mushrooms, onions, tomatoes on top, sprinkle with grated cheese on top..
- Turn Baking on for 40 minutes. Cooked meat in French with roasted mushrooms sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
Meat in French with potatoes in a slow cooker
To prepare this dish with potatoes, you will need:
- 400 grams of meat (pork or chicken);
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 150 g onions;
- 150 grams of tomato;
- mayonnaise to taste;
- salt to taste;
- spices to taste.
- Rinse the meat, put it on the board, cut it into small pieces..
- Peel potatoes and cut into circles. Onions cut into half rings, and tomatoes – thin slices.
- Smear a bowl of multicooker with vegetable oil. Put the meat in the first layer, salt it and season with spices, spread the top with mayonnaise.
- Top with sliced onions, then potatoes. Salt and pepper again..
- Put the next layer of tomatoes, smear them with mayonnaise too, and sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
- Turn Baking on for 50 minutes. Let the brewed still brew for 10 minutes. Serve with fresh herbs..
Every housewife is important that her dish turned out the most delicious, and if possible even exquisite, especially when it comes to French cuisine.
Useful tips will help to properly prepare the dish and achieve excellent taste:
- In order to make pork much easier to cut into thin pieces, pre-cool the meat in the freezer until it hardens easily..
- For the preparation of real meat in French instead of mayonnaise, you must use the famous bechamel sauce, and use only Parmesan cheese.
- Try to marinate onions before cooking. Prepare the marinade with 1 tablespoon of table vinegar, 1 tablespoon of water, 1 teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. The onion aged in such a marinade will give the dish a special flavor..
Do not be afraid to experiment, remember that the most famous culinary dishes were prepared during the experiments..
And for all those who believe that it’s better to see once than to read a recipe a hundred times, it is suggested to watch a video plot on cooking meat in French in a slow cooker.