To see rice with lentils on one plate is unusual for many. Nevertheless, this is a very good combination for many reasons. Dishes from rice and lentils are tasty, satisfying, healthy. Cereals and beans are easily digestible foods, with a low calorie content they have a high nutritional value and are rich in useful minerals, vitamins, and microelements..
Cooked without ingredients of animal origin, they give the body a powerful boost of energy for the whole day. Therefore, to include in the diet a variety of dishes based on lentils with rice can and should not only be vegetarians. Such food is perfect for all those who are tirelessly struggling with obesity, strictly follow the rules of fasting or trying to adhere to a healthy diet..
|long grain rice and brown lentils –||250 g|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|olive oil –||a quarter cup|
|chopped mint –||1 tbsp. l dried or 4 tbsp. l fresh|
|bay leaf –||1 PC.|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 290 Kcal|
A surprisingly easy to prepare recipe. Mutzendra is an analogue of mujadara (boiled rice and lentils with toasted onions), but in a slightly different design. The highlight of the dish is mint and lemon juice, which add interesting notes to the taste of traditional oriental cuisine..
Salt and season the dish, focusing on your taste. Lemon juice is used to serve.
Recipe step by step:
- Lentil washed. Put in a stewpot. Water is poured on 4 fingers. Put on a strong fire.
- As soon as the water boils, the liquid is drained. The beans are washed, returned to the saucepan. Pour 1 liter of water (you can take vegetable broth), throw bay leaf.
- Lentils are allowed to boil over high heat. Flame burners reduced to a minimum. Boiled beans for 20 minutes under a half-closed lid. Boiled lentils salt.
- While preparing lentils, peel and dice the onions. In a saucepan with a thick bottom, heat the butter. Pass onion on medium heat for 3 minutes. It should be transparent, but not golden.
- Rice is washed in several waters. Mixed with browned onions. Stir fry until transparent (2 minutes).
- In a saucepan with rice and onions, pour the lentils along with the liquid in which the beans were cooked. Do not mix. Mutzendra is cooked for 20 minutes on a quiet fire under a half-closed lid. The dish is considered ready when all the liquid is absorbed into the grits..
- The dish is removed from the heat, seasoned with mint and pepper, salt. Stir, close the lid, wrap.
The dish is 15 minutes infused, after which it is considered ready. Served, thoroughly watering rice with lentils lemon juice. Eat a mutze with pita breads, Greek yogurt (savory), vegetable salad with soft cheese.
Rice with lentils and mushrooms in Armenian
Minor changes in the recipe and method of cooking the main ingredients give a completely different taste to the dish. The minimum set of inexpensive products and ease of preparation make the delicious Armenian chal-pilaf an attractive dish in all respects.
- 200 g of long grain steamed rice;
- 200 g green lentils;
- 400 g of fresh small champignons;
- 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- spices for pilaf;
Time – 30 minutes.
Caloric content of 100 g – 218 kcal.
Recipe step by step:
- Wash rice thoroughly (water should be completely transparent). Boil until cooked, recline on colander.
- Lentil washed. Roast in a saucepan over low heat for 40 minutes under the lid. Once again washed in a colander.
- Mushrooms are washed, dried, cut each into 2 parts. Mushrooms are fried first in a dry frying pan (until the juice evaporates), then browned in vegetable oil. Salt and pepper.
- In parallel with the roasting of champignons, a little oil is poured into the second pan. Pour lentils. Beans stir fry, 2 minutes.
- Add boiled rice to lentils. Salted, seasoned with spices for pilaf and pepper to taste. Stir and remove from heat in a minute.
The specialty of the dish is that the ingredients are spread on the plate without mixing. On one side of the plate lay a pile of lentils with rice, on the other – fried champignons. Sprinkle with chopped greens before serving.
Lean pilaf of rice, green lentils and chickpeas with sauerkraut
Unusually delicious, very nourishing vegetarian pilaf with a stunning aroma. The composition of spicy spices and sour cabbage, ideally combined with cooked rice and legumes, make an original dish..
- 2 tbsp. round grain rice;
- 1 tbsp. green lentils;
- 1 tbsp. chickpea;
- 140 g sauerkraut;
- 2 large carrots;
- 4 onions;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tbsp. vegetable broth;
- 8 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 4 bay leaves;
- a mixture of peppers (white, black, fragrant – pinch);
- turmeric, coriander, paprika (ground) – each of a quarter of tsp;
Time – 50 minutes.
Caloric content of 100 g – 115 kcal.
Recipe step by step:
- The chickpeas are washed and soaked in water overnight. After 8 hours, re-wash, pour water, boil for 20 minutes.
- Lentil washed, boiled until soft.
- Onions and carrots (peeled, washed) crushed into straws.
- Cauldron (pot with a thick bottom) put on medium heat. Heat the oil and fry in it first onions, and minutes later 2 carrots. Together the vegetables are stewed for about 4 minutes under the lid.
- In the cauldron put sauerkraut. Vegetables are mixed, stewed for 5 minutes.
- Rice washed three times, poured into the cauldron. Salted, seasoned with spices, add unpeeled garlic cloves and laurel leaves.
- Rice with vegetables pour broth, mix. Cover with a lid. The pilaf is stewed over low heat until the liquid is almost completely absorbed into the rice..
- Boiled chickpea and green lentil poured into the cauldron. Lean pilaf 3 more minutes left on the fire in a closed container. Stirred.
Serving vegetarian pilaf traditional. Hot food is poured in a high slide to the center of a wide, flat dish. For beauty sprinkled with fresh chopped greens.
Read also how to cook delicious rice with broccoli.
We recommend to cook rice with fragrant gravy. Recipes are easy and not expensive!
And here you will learn about the best ways to cook lentils with chicken. Well, just you will lick your fingers!
How to cook with vegetables in a slow cooker
The beauty of the “kitchen assistant” is that any food is cooked in it much faster, and the dishes have a brighter taste. In addition, the time to prepare the ingredients takes much less. Therefore, it is much more convenient and easier to cook classic mujadar with vegetables in a slow cooker.
- 2 multi-steamed rice;
- 1 m-st. yellow lentils;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 4 m-st. water;
- ½ tsp ground spice mix;
- 1 tsp salt.
Spices for this variant of rice with lentils can be chosen at your discretion. For example, allspice, white and black pepper, mustard seeds, paprika, cumin, coriander, zira, Provencal herbs.
Time – 40 minutes.
Calories 100 grams – 104 kcal.
Recipe step by step:
- Onions are peeled, cut into small cubes. Carrot Tinder on a coarse grater.
- In the bowl of the multicooker pour a little oil. Include the “Baking”, “Frying” or “Express.” Pass onion to transparency.
- Add a carrot and a spoonful of butter. Vegetables fry another 5 minutes without changing the program. The cover of the multicooker does not close.
- Lentils and rice are washed thoroughly. Pour into a bowl with onions and carrots. Salt, add spices. Stir, pour water.
- Transfer the device to the “Rice” mode.
- When the signal about the completion of cooking sounds, rice porridge with lentils is gently mixed with a spatula and left in a closed slow cooker for another 15 minutes.
This easy to prepare dish will be a great side dish for meat. Although as an independent dish rice with lentils cooked in a slow cooker is part of a full meal.
Lemon slimming soup
A plate of this original soup can be a substitute for the first, second dish and even dessert. The offer is especially true for those who want to easily lose weight by as much as 4 kg in just 2 weeks. Lentil-rice soup with lemon is very useful. In addition, it is preparing elementary just.
- 6 tbsp. l rice;
- 6 tbsp. l lentils;
- 1 onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 lemon;
- 4 sprigs of cilantro;
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1/3 tsp turmeric;
- 0.5 tsp. salts;
- 1 parsley root;
- ½ parsnip root;
- ½ celery root;
- 1.5 liters of water.
Time – 1 hour.
Caloric content of 100 g – 42 kcal.
Recipe step by step:
- Roots cleaned, cut into cubes. Fill with water and boil in a separate pan for 15 minutes..
- The resulting broth filter.
- Rice washed three times. Soaked in water for half an hour.
- Garlic is peeled, ground by immersion blender along with olive oil.
- Onions cleaned, diced.
- Chopped garlic and raw onion poured into a thick-bottomed pot or a cast-iron cauldron. Pass for 1 minute. Pour half a glass of broth. Stew 4 minutes.
- Vegetables season with turmeric, mix. Stew 1 minute.
- Water is drained from the rice. Lentils are washed and together with rice poured into the pan.
- Products are mixed, pour broth from the roots. Over high heat bring to a boil.
- As soon as it boils, the fire diminishes. Dietary soup is simmered under cover for 25 minutes.
- Lemon cut in half. One part is crushed into thin circles. From the second peel is removed.
- Lemon zest and juice of half a lemon are added to the soup. Salt, mix.
The finished dish is poured into plates, decorated with slices of lemon and leaves of fresh cilantro. Looks appetizing, smells divine and tastes beyond all praise!
Lentils come in different varieties. Depending on the color (grade), you need to boil the beans less or longer. So, yellow lentils cook the fastest – 15 minutes. After 25 minutes of cooking, brown lentils will be ready..
If you need to cook lentils very quickly, a microwave will come to the rescue. It is necessary to rinse and pour the beans into a glass container, salt and pour water. Put in the microwave oven to the maximum mode, not covering the lid. After 10 minutes, lentils completely melted.