Sand dough – for real hostess a real magic wand: it is quick and easy to prepare; like both adults and children; combined with a wide variety of fillings.
Shortbread dough rolls are a wonderful delicacy that can be served with various drinks: coffee, tea, milk..
All the recipes of this delicious, tender dessert listed below can take a worthy place in the treasury of sweet dishes..
Recipes favorite sweet bagels of shortcrust pastry with different fillings
|Flour –||3-4 glasses|
|Butter –||200 grams|
|Kefir –||1 cup|
|Soda –||1 teaspoon|
|Jam –||350 g|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 314 Kcal|
Jam – a simple and tasty filling for bagels. Baking with him will come to glory, all sweet tooth will enjoy this airy and tasty sweetness..
- Leave the oil to warm at room temperature;
- Sift flour;
- Grind soft butter and sifted flour to fine crumb;
- Add soda;
- In the resulting mass gradually pour kefir and knead;
- The dough should make elastic.
Kneading the dough and preparing the filling, you need to make the croissants themselves. There are two ways:
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer (about 4-5 mm) and cut into triangles. Put the stuffing on a wide tip and roll up to form a bagel;
- Split the dough into small pieces and then roll the balls out of them. Each ball is thinly rolled. Put on the resulting layer a suitable round dish in diameter and cut off the excess on it. The resulting “pancake” cut from the center to the edge into triangular segments (cut like a cake into slices). The filling is put on the lower wide part and, starting from the same wide side, the triangle is rolled up.
Bake the formed bagels with jam from shortcrust pastry in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes (the products should be browned until golden brown).
Crumbly bagels with jam
To begin, let us describe a simple recipe for an easy, supple dough, from which you will get a great crumbly dessert. Ingredients: 400 grams of flour is taken a glass of sour cream and 100 grams of butter. Salt is added to taste.
Details of preparation:
- A groove is made in the hill of the sifted flour;
- To add other necessary products, flour should not be on the table, but in a convenient dish;
- Sour cream is put in the “hole”, then a piece of soft oil, do not forget to salt a little;
- Knead the elastic shortcrust pastry and put it in an cool package for an hour, wrapped in a bag or cling film;
- Take out the dough, make diamonds, as described in the recipe above, and lay non-liquid jam on them, roll them into bagels. To bake, as well as products with jam.
We offer below to see a video-recipe of such delicious shortcakes not only with jam, but also with nuts:
Yummy margarine with juicy berries or dried apricots
Fruits (cherries, apricots, raspberries) will give the sweet dish a special taste and aroma. Juicy berries will be perfectly combined with crumbly and tender bun of bagels..
Ingredients required for shortbread dough:
- 2 cups of flour;
- 3 spoons of sugar (full);
- Margarine (from the refrigerator) – 100 grams;
- 4 tablespoons cold water.
You can use one of the options presented below to choose from the options, or you can connect a fantasy and come up with your own:
- Berries + some jam;
- Prunes, dried apricots + raspberries;
- Apricots + jam + nuts + some sugar;
- Dried apricots + prunes + nuts + sugar;
- Berries + chocolate (small pieces).
- Sift flour and mix with sugar;
- Put cold margarine in the center and chop together with flour and sugar into a crumb;
- In the process of creating the dough (“felling”), cold water is poured in a spoon;
- Wrap a formed lump of dough into a film and send it for a while to a cool place;
- Then get out of the refrigerator, thinly roll out, cut into one of the methods suggested in the first recipe, put the stuffing. Sandwich dough bagels on margarine will be ready in time in 20-30 minutes at 200 degrees.
To your attention we attach a video on how to make wonderful shortbread bagels on margarine, the aroma and taste of which you will remember for a long time:
Rosy “candy” with marmalade
Dessert with this filling will surely appeal to everyone, especially children..
It turns out almost candy in the test.
You will need products:
- Flour – about 300 grams or a little more;
- Butter – 180 grams;
- Milk – 50 grams;
- One egg (only yolk is required);
- Powdered sugar;
- Marmalade – 200-250 grams.
- Beat sliced butter from the fridge in a cup with a mixer until it becomes fluffy;
- Gradually add milk, yolk, powdered sugar to the butter;
- The process of beating does not stop until all the ingredients are mixed;
- Salt everything and begin to gradually fill the flour;
- Stop the beating of the mass as soon as a large lump begins to form in the bowl near the mixer beaters;
- After the dough has been in the fridge for two hours, it can be divided into parts. While bagels are made from one piece, let others continue to cool;
- Filling-marmalade is used in the whole form, and in small pieces;
- Lay out the shortbread dough on a baking sheet (it can be covered with parchment) and put in a hot oven. In 30-40 minutes, the rosy delicacy will be ready for use..
Sprinkle ready sand bagels with marmalade with powdered sugar.
Delicious delicacy on sour cream with poppy seeds
Sweet pastries with poppy filling suitable for light snacks, and for tea get-togethers.
The presence of sour cream in the recipe for bagels will help to get the dough of special elasticity, and butter will give it softness..
It will take:
- Flour – 400 grams;
- Sour cream – 200 grams;
- Butter – 200 grams;
- One egg;
- 1/3 tsp of salt and soda.
Necessary for the filling:
- A pack of poppy;
- Hot water (half a cup);
- Sugar (one tablespoon per 100 grams of poppy).
Basics of preparation of sandy bagels, tender in structure, on sour cream with poppy seeds:
- Chop a piece of cold butter into a crumb. To do this, you can use a food processor with a “knife” attachment or an ordinary knife;
- In the cup to the oil add all other products: sour cream, egg, soda. Gradually gently pour in the flour. A lot of salt;
- Sand dough does not need to knead “cool.” It should be non-sticky, elastic;
- While the dough is “ripening” in the fridge, the poppy filling is prepared. Poppy need to steam. It is poured boiling water, cover the dishes and leave for 5-10 minutes;
- Then you need to drain the water, add sugar, mix. Instead of sugar, powdered sugar or honey is still used;
- Now choose any of the two ways of sculpting products (which are described in the first recipe) and sculpt the bagels;
- Preheat the oven. Bagels put on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Some useful tips
Check out some helpful tips:
- To make shortbread dough tender and crumbly, it does not need to knead much. It is important to monitor the amount of flour: if there is more than necessary, the products from it will turn out solid;
- Ingredients, if there is no reverse indication in the recipe, are used cold;
- Do not skip the cooling test phase. This will affect the taste of bagels in general;
- Top ready bagels sprinkled with powdered sugar or watered with melted chocolate in a water bath;
- Any liquid filling – jam, juicy fresh fruit – is easy to thicken by adding crushed nuts..
A light, tender dessert with coffee can be served for breakfast, it will not be superfluous for tea, for example, after dinner, and together with milk it is perfect as an afternoon snack. Bagels can also be bought at the store, but homemade cakes will still be tastier and more aromatic. All the more so that anyone can cope with the preparation of crumbly basis, it is also easy to prepare the filling.
And now we want to share with you a wonderful recipe for shortbread dough rolls without filling. This is in case your home did not have anything suitable for stuffing these crispy products. Watch the video: