It can be said with confidence that not a single day is complete without dishes with potatoes, be it a daily meal or a festive meal. There are not enough fingers and toes to list the number of dishes that can be prepared from potatoes..
From it prepare the first, second courses and even desserts. Some of them are popular and widely known, some are not very.
|pork –||300 grams|
|potato –||500 grams|
|bulbs –||1 average|
|carrots –||1 average|
|bell pepper –||1 piece|
|a tomato –||2 medium-sized|
|vegetable oil –||2-3 tablespoons|
|salt, bay leaf and black pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 50 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 199 Kcal|
Cooking potatoes for this recipe is very easy and simple. Cooking time will depend on which meat is selected. It will take less cooking time with poultry and pork, and you will have to spend a little more time with veal and lamb.
An important role in this recipe is occupied by spices. Experimenting with them you can each time get a new taste of the finished dish. And now we will learn more about how to cook braised potatoes with pork and with a traditional set of spices (black ground pepper and bay leaf).
The order of the cooking steps of stewed potatoes with meat:
- Rinse the meat, dry and cut into small pieces (no more than 4 cm). Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown;
- Peel and wash onions, carrots and bell peppers. To cut: onions – half rings, carrots – into thin slices, pepper – straws. Add vegetables to the meat and stew for about 5 minutes;
- In tomatoes, make a cut cross at the base of the stalk, scald them with boiling water and remove the skin. Chop the pulp into cubes and send to meat and other vegetables. Simmer still 5 minutes;
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut into large cubes or cubes, send to the pan. Minutes 5 fry the potatoes with meat and vegetables, then pour water so that it covers the potatoes completely. Salt, pepper, add bay leaf and simmer another 30 minutes until ready..
Stewed Potatoes with Meat
- 500 grams of pork;
- 1 kilogram of potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 liter of boiling water;
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and spices.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
Caloric content: 216.6 kcal / 100 grams.
The sequence of cooking processes:
- Cut the prepared meat into medium slices. Pour vegetable oil into the bowl of the multicooker and turn on the mode “Frying” or “Baking”;
- When the oil is well warmed fry the meat in it, until a beautiful crust. She will help seal the meat juices and store them in the finished dish;
- Chop onions and carrots and add to roasted meat, mix everything. Close the lid of the multicooker and leave everything to languish for 15 minutes in the “Frying” or “Baking” mode;
- Potatoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes, in a quarter of an hour to send in a bowl of the multicooker. Add salt, spices, tomato sauce (instead, you can use ketchup or tomato paste);
- Pour all hot water, you can boiling water, so that the wonderful pot did not have to re-heat the water. Set the mode “stewing” and the time is 40 minutes, and at the end of the time it will only remain to enjoy delicious potatoes.
Braised potatoes with cabbage and meat
This dish is suitable for both the lunch menu and the hearty dinner. If the cabbage for this recipe can be used both fresh and fermented, then the potatoes must be the sort that does not boil soft. Otherwise, the finished dish will become shapeless porridge..
- 300 grams of meat;
- 400 grams of potatoes;
- 400 grams of cabbage;
- 1 medium onion and carrot;
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and spices.
Cooking time: about 1 hour.
Caloric content: 191.8 kcal / 100 grams.
The course of cooking stew potatoes with meat and cabbage:
- On 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil fry the meat, cut into pieces of medium size;
- Wash potatoes, peel and chop is not very fine. Cabbage chop;
- Pass the chopped onion and carrot in the remaining vegetable oil. When the vegetables are half ready, add tomato paste and some water to them. Let it boil for a few minutes;
- Put meat, potatoes, cabbage, sauteed onions and carrots with tomato paste on the bottom of the pan. Pour water over it to cover the vegetables, add salt and seasonings;
- Then send the pan to the stove and simmer, without opening the lid, if possible, until ready for 30-40 minutes;
- Serve hot, on top you can decorate with chopped greens.
Diversify the dish with mushrooms
Stewed potatoes with meat is obtained in a new way, tasty and very nourishing, if you cook it with mushrooms. The peculiarity of this recipe is that both potatoes, mushrooms and meat are fried separately, and then stewed together.
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 350 grams of pork neck;
- 350 grams of champignons;
- 100 grams of onions;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 0.5 cups of tomato juice;
- bay leaf, spices and salt.
Cooking time: 55-60 minutes.
Caloric content: 191.7 kcal / 100 grams.
The sequence of cooking stew potatoes with meat and mushrooms:
- Pork neck cut into small pieces and fry in a pan without adding oil. Since the pork neck is usually fatty, the meat will be roasted on fat, which will be melted in the process of heating the pan;
- In a pan greased with vegetable oil, fry together with onions peeled and chopped mushrooms until golden brown;
- Prepared potatoes cut in the same pieces as the meat. Fry in vegetable oil on each side for no more than 5 minutes;
- Put meat, potatoes and mushrooms in a saucepan with a thick bottom, add tomato juice, add spices and salt;
- Mix the contents of the pan, cover and put on the fire. Potatoes should be then 15-20 minutes.
Cooking a hearty lunch in the pots
It is difficult to answer the question: stewed potatoes with meat and vegetables in a pot – this is the first or second course? But we can definitely say that it is tasty and satisfying. For it you can use any meat (chicken, pork, beef) and any vegetables (carrots, green beans, green peas, corn, cauliflower or Brussels sprouts) fresh or frozen.
- 400 grams of meat;
- 600 grams of potatoes;
- 600 grams of vegetable mix;
- 50 grams of butter;
- salt and spices.
Cooking time: 2.5 hours.
Caloric content: 194.5 kcal / 100 grams.
- Prepare the meat. If it is chicken, then simply cut it into medium pieces, if pork is required to be fried, and beef is fried and stewed in its own juice;
- Peeled and washed potatoes cut into medium cubes, slices or cubes and mix with vegetables. If a frozen vegetable mixture is used, it should not be defrosted;
- Meat spread in pots, top with potatoes and vegetables, salt and spices. Water is not necessary to top up, enough juice from meat and vegetables;
- Cover with lids and put the pots for an hour and a half to simmer in the oven at 160 degrees. If the temperature is high, the vegetables will begin to burn, and the meat may remain hard;
- To the finished potatoes with meat in each pot should be put on 1 teaspoon of oil. It will give vegetables a nice creamy taste..
Whether the stewed potatoes will turn out crumbly, but at the same time retaining its shape, depends largely on the variety of the root crop. If the potato contains a lot of starch and quickly boiled soft, then it will not work to dry it properly..
A little to rectify the situation or to hedge will help the following tricks:
- If the prepared and chopped potatoes are soaked for 20-30 minutes in cold water, then the starch from its surface is washed. So the pieces won’t fall apart;
- if the potatoes get cooked very quickly, you first need to stew the vegetables and meat almost to readiness, and lastly add the potatoes.
For cooking, it is always necessary to use a saucepan, a frying pan or a thick-bottomed roasting pan. Open the lid as rarely as possible. If cooked in pots, then unleavened dough may well replace lids. So to the stewed potatoes with meat will also be delicious flavored homemade bread.
Enjoy your meal!