A good slice of lamb is beautiful in any dish, and if stewed with vegetables, the aromatic vegetable flavor will only enrich the taste of meat..
|lamb pulp –||700 g|
|carrot –||1 PC.|
|turnip –||1 PC.|
|parsley –||15 g|
|large onion –||1 PC.|
|cabbage –||half a small head|
|fat –||3 tbsp. spoons|
|seasonings and salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 300 Kcal|
If in the appendage to a piece of lamb you bought a fat of sheep, then be sure to use it for roasting meat. Of course, it can be easily replaced with oil..
Lamb stewed with vegetables in a cauldron, is prepared as follows:
- Prepare the vegetables in advance: rinse thoroughly, if necessary, sort out, let while lying on a paper towel;
- Meat cut into pieces, about 2 pieces per serving. Beat off, season with spices;
- Cut carrots, cabbage, onions, turnips and parsley;
- In the pan add chopped fat tail fat so that it is drowned. The resulting cracklings better to remove. If you use vegetable oil, then heat it;
- In the heated fat, put the first vegetable layer on top of the pieces of meat and close the second vegetable layer, season with salt. Pour in half a glass of hot water or meat broth, tightly close the cauldron with a lid;
- Cook strictly on minimal heat, about 2 hours. On the table to serve a dish sprinkled with chopped greens.
Lamb stewed with vegetables and potatoes
In fact, it’s just a vegetable stew with meat, but it looks very beautiful, and vegetables give the lamb a completely new taste and smell..
- lamb – 700 g;
- potatoes – 8 tubers;
- large carrots – 3 pieces;
- leek and celery (only stem) – 3 pieces each;
- meat broth – 200 ml;
- chopped fresh thyme – 2 pinches;
- ordinary salt and black pepper – to taste;
Required time: 1.5 hours. Dish, per 1 person, contains 350 kcal.
- Cut the fillet into large pieces;
- Peel potatoes, carrots, and chop large pieces;
- Cut leek and stalk of celery thinly;
- Put chopped vegetables, meat and spices in a quenching container. Pour in meat broth, mix;
- Simmer for 60 minutes on low heat. Cooking time depends on the lamb. So try it with a fork. At the end of cooking, add salt or pepper if necessary..
- Sprinkle the ready dish with any chopped greens. In our recipe – parsley.
If you are cooking in Armenian, be sure to put cilantro and classic vegetables that accompany mutton dishes – tomatoes, sweet peppers, zucchini and eggplants.
You will need:
- 1 kg of good mutton;
- 5 large potatoes;
- 2 dense tomatoes;
- 1 eggplant;
- 2 sweet (Bulgarian) pepper;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 celery stalks;
- 2 peeled onions;
- zucchini (zucchini);
- big bunch of cilantro.
The required time for cooking: 1.5 hours. A serving of 100 g of the finished dish contains 350 kcal..
How to cook:
Step 1. The flesh is cut into large cubes and divided into three piles.
Step 2. All the vegetables listed in the recipe nashink pieces of medium size.
Step 3. Take a thick-walled cauldron with a well-fitting lid. Put the ingredients in it in the following sequence: lamb, onion rings, potatoes, tomatoes, again meat, eggplants, zucchini, carrots, more onion rings, again lamb, sweet pepper, thin slices of celery and greens. All layers of salt and pepper.
Step 4. Pour 100 ml of hot water into the cauldron, cover it with a lid. Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour..
How to cook meat in a slow cooker
Mutton meat has a strong taste, so vegetables for it should also be powerful. Steamed broccoli, just can not cope with this task. Here, everyone’s favorite potato will do, and to make it tastier, you will have to add a lot of onion to the dish.
- 700 g of peeled onions;
- 1 kg of mutton without pits;
- 3 peeled carrots;
- 2 sachets (1 g) of red pepper;
- 30 grams of flour;
- 50 g sour cream;
- 100 ml of water;
The cooking time depends on the meat, an average of 1 hour and 20 minutes. Calorie portions will not exceed 380 kcal.
Recommendations for cooking dishes:
- Cut the meat into pieces of medium size, chop the onion large, the carrot into small cubes;
- Put the lamb, onion slices, carrots in a multicooker bowl. Enable the “frying” mode, cook for 15 minutes;
- Combine sour cream with flour in a separate container, stir, add water if necessary. Add this sauce to the lamb, mix gently, turn on the “quenching” mode.
Lamb stew with vegetables in the oven
One of the best companions of lamb – onions. These products have excellent chemical compatibility. Juicy onions neutralize and break down fat.
- potatoes – 5 tubers;
- lamb (pulp) – 1 kg;
- spice mixture: garlic, cumin, turmeric, ground ginger, paprika;
- 4 peeled bulbs;
- vegetable oil (refined) – 40 g;
- 2 peeled carrots;
- hot pepper – at its discretion;
- 15 grams of peasant oil;
- meat broth (allowed to replace with water) – 1, 5 cups.
In total, the meat is stewed for about 2 hours. 350 kcal per person.
Step 1. Roll the lamb pieces in a mixture of spices and garlic. Do not add salt to the mixture. Leave for half an hour.
Step 2. Fry meat in butter until crusted.
Step 3. In a deep form lay out lamb add broth or water. The liquid should cover the pieces of meat. Cover the form with foil and put in the oven. Stew meat 45 minutes. Foil not clean.
Step 4. While lamb is roasted, it is necessary to fry the onions. Shred it with large rings, cook on sunflower (refined) oil with a small amount of butter. As soon as the onion rings turn light brown, add 20 ml of water, simmer until soft onions, about 10 minutes.
Step 5. Add the stewed onions to the meat, which is already in the oven for 40 minutes, then large cubes of potatoes, carrot slices, and salt to your liking. Add hot pepper to your liking..
Step 6. If there is little liquid in the meat, add some more water. Try to knead the meat with a fork, if you warm up easily, then the dish is ready. If lamb stiff, then you can put out another 15-20 minutes.
Oriental style meat
To prepare this dish you will definitely need a thick-walled cauldron with a tight-fitting lid and a set of spices for lamb.
The required set of ingredients:
- 0.5 kg of lamb;
- 0.3 kg of peeled carrots;
- 0.3 kg of peeled potatoes;
- 0.2 kg onions;
- 0.1 kg of lamb fat;
- 3-4 Art. spoons of refined oil;
- spice mixture (barberry, coriander, cumin and red pepper) – 8 grams.
Time required: 1 hour 30 minutes. 350 calories per person.
How to cook:
- Cut lamb fat into small cubes, chop the meat into large pieces;
- Chop the onion in half rings, potatoes, carrots into cubes (or as you like);
- Heat refined oil in a cauldron, add pieces of lamb fat to it, to heat the fat out of it;
- When the bacon ceases to “screw”, put the lamb in it and fry a little. Add onion pieces, then sticks of potatoes and carrots, also fry. All this time, the contents of the pot should be stirred so that the meat is not burnt;
- When the vegetables are reddened, add spices, salt and 150 ml of boiling water;
- Close the cauldron lid, reduce the burner flame to a minimum, in this mode, cook for 30 minutes. Turn off the stove, let the meat stand for another 15 minutes and serve..
There are several useful tips on “handling” lamb. To make any dish from it tasty and juicy, you need:
- remove film and almost all external fat from meat, otherwise it will prevent cooking when extinguishing;
- leave a little fat, but it should be white and resemble wax so that the lamb does not turn out to be tough;
- for stewing with vegetables, a spatula, shank, neck and brisket are suitable;
- Before cooking meat, carefully study the recipe and clarify the cook’s subtleties: when to put spices and how much.
The success of cooking lamb dishes depends on the dishes, cooking method, sequence of actions and spices. Cook the lamb with vegetables in the oven, slow cooker or on the stove. Have a nice meal for you and all those you treat.!