It is known that meat is better absorbed by the body when combined with various types of vegetables. That is why in most food items such dishes are served with onions, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers..
This increases their taste and nutritional value. Stewed beef, which combines with certain vegetables, is an original tasty dish that can be served to the festive table or to the usual dinner.
Some tricks allow you to cook such a dish especially original and presentable..
|cabbage –||300 g|
|onion –||2 pieces|
|beef meat –||1.5 kg|
|Bulgarian sweet pepper –||2 pieces|
|sunflower oil –||80 ml|
|salt –||to taste|
|carrot –||1.5 pieces|
|meat broth –||100 ml|
|ground black pepper –||4 g|
|tomatoes –||2 pieces|
|Time for preparing: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 350 Kcal|
For this purpose, fit meat without bone. Of vegetables, it is less recommended to use potatoes, as it will be a bit heavy for the stomach along with the meat. But tomatoes, corn, cabbage will be more suitable.
Method of making dishes:
- Beef meat is first washed, cut into pieces, sprinkled with salt and pepper;
- Tomatoes are washed, cut into slices, onions – into ringlets, the core is removed from the pepper, also crushed;
- Carrots are either grated on the dining room or diced with a knife;
- The cabbage is chopped;
- All vegetables combine, pepper and salt;
- Beef slices are allowed to infuse for some time (from half an hour to 1.5 hours);
- Then fry for a few minutes in a frying pan, pieces of meat in a small amount of butter;
- Add vegetables, oil, broth, mix and leave to stew over low heat;
- Periodically stir the vegetables;
- When the meat is completely softened, the dish can be considered ready.
The dish, which is prepared from vegetables and beef meat in Georgian, is called chasushuli. If you translate from the Georgian language, you get “spicy”. That is, it should primarily contain spices, giving all the ingredients some kind of ostrinku.
And like all dishes created by Caucasian cooks, chushushuli deserves special attention, because in its original taste is incredibly tasty.
If the household and guests are hot, you can put more relevant spices. Otherwise, their dose must be controlled and selected individually..
Products that will be required for cooking beef with vegetables in Georgian:
- beef meat – 1 kilogram;
- onions – 2 pieces;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- spices “hop-suneli” – 20 g;
- dry adjika – 10 g;
- sweet pepper – 1 large pod or two small ones;
- tomatoes – 2-3 pieces;
- parsley – bunch;
- sunflower oil – 100 g.
Cooking time: up to 60 minutes. Calorie: 360 kilocalories per 100 g meals.
Method of making dishes:
- The meat is washed, cut into pieces;
- Onions are cleaned, cut into rings, mixed with beef, pepper, salt, and watered;
- Leave the meat to infuse for an hour;
- Sunflower oil is poured into the pan, slices of beef are poured with onions and fried;
- Sliced sweet pepper (after removing the core), parsley, tomatoes;
- Add chopped garlic to the skillet with meat and onion, salt and fry for 6 minutes;
- Finely chopped tomatoes poured into the same container;
- Cover the pan with a lid and stew on a low light for about 35 minutes;
- Poured there the same crushed sweet pepper, then spices and parsley;
- Stew vegetables with meat for another 4-6 minutes;
- Fire is eliminated and let the vegetables and beef stand for about 7 minutes;
- After this dish can be considered ready.
Beef stew with vegetables in a slow cooker
With the help of special equipment it is very easy to prepare meat dishes with vegetables. At the same time, it turns out to be a completely dietary dish that, on the one hand, perfectly saturates, on the other hand, it does not add weight to those who follow the diet..
Ingredients for making beef stew with vegetables in a slow cooker:
- onion – 2 pieces;
- beef meat (goulash);
- garlic – 2 teeth;
- tomatoes – 2 pieces (large) or 3 (small);
- meat ready seasoning – to taste;
- sweet pepper – 1.5 pieces;
- water – 90 ml;
- salt – to taste.
Cooking time: up to 120 minutes. Calorie: 250 kilocalories in the finished dish (100 g).
Method of cooking beef stew with vegetables in a slow cooker:
- The meat is washed, dried and cut into pieces;
- Expose the option “frying” on the slow cooker, put the meat and stand for some time until the beef turns dark;
- Add a small amount of water, add spices, salt;
- Expose the option of “quenching” and maintain the meat for one and a half hours;
- All vegetables are washed, cleaned and cut into small pieces, the center of the sweet pepper is removed;
- Add vegetables to the meat, sweet peppers, putting it on top;
- Again expose the program “quenching”;
- At the end of the cooking process, chopped garlic is added..
Beef with a vegetable side dish in pots
Beef meat can be baked in the oven in special pots. At the same time, it turns out to be quite mild, juicy, and in combination with vegetables it creates an incredibly pleasant taste..
Ingredients that will be required for meat stewed with vegetables in pots:
- tomatoes – 1.5 pieces;
- salt, ground pepper – to taste;
- Beef – 900 g;
- water – 150 ml;
- carrot – 1 piece;
- sunflower oil – 60 ml;
- onions – 2 pieces.
Cooking time: 1 hour. Calorie: 320 kilocalories per 100 g meals.
Making beef stew in pots:
- Beef meat is washed, cut into pieces, peppered and salted, and left for about 50 minutes to marinate;
- Wash and clean the vegetables, cut them into cubes, sprinkle with salt and pepper;
- Meat is pre-fried in a frying pan (there is no need to take a lot of oil, as long as it covers the bottom of the frying pan);
- Vegetables are mixed with beef slices and spread in clay pots, add a little liquid (water or broth);
- Put them in the oven and bake for an hour and a half;
- When the meat in the pots is covered with a thin ruddy crust, the dish can be considered ready to be served..
Beef stew with different types of vegetables always allows you to get incredibly delicious food. However, it is important to follow some rules in order to achieve the desired flavor range. Experts give the following recommendations:
- For stews, it is best to give preference to the pulp from the upper half of a cow’s leg or shoulder;
- Beef goes well with vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, corn, cabbage, asparagus;
- In the process of quenching it is necessary to add a certain amount of liquid, but better than broth;
- When creating a cup, you can control its sharpness by adding either more hops-suneli or dry adzhika;
- You can stew beef with vegetables either in a pot (in the oven) or on a small fire on the stove, but it is important that vegetables and meat do not burn.
With proper cooking, the meat should be especially soft and tasty. To prevent the sweet pepper from being overly softened, it should be added last..