All varieties of cabbage are considered inexpensive and simple ingredient in cooking. But from it you can create a dish that eclipses the most expensive and exquisite masterpieces of restaurant dishes in taste.
Adding spices, herbs, meat products will allow you to create a creation that has no analogues ─ a dish that can please not only your beloved family, but also dear guests.
Variations of cooking stewed sauerkraut incredible variety. Each hostess has its own secrets and recipes. After all, no wonder the same dish, all the chefs, it turns out, differently.
Next we look at some of the most successful recipes..
|finished cabbage (of course, pickled and acidified) –||800 g|
|white bow –||2 heads|
|tomato puree –||1 tbsp. spoon|
|sugar sand –||15 g|
|Lavrushki –||1 leaf|
|black pepper –||pinch|
|sunflower oil –||70 g|
|water –||about 2 glasses|
|salt –||to your liking|
|Time for preparing: 75 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 80 Kcal|
This recipe will have the way in the winter. Tired of cereal and pasta? Do you want something new and useful for a side dish for meat or fish? Then proceed to cooking.
- Peel the bow. Rinse under normal running water and cut into half rings;
- Pour fat / sunflower oil into a skillet and heat it. Add onions and brown until transparent;
- Pour the cabbage to the onions and fry for about 15 minutes;
- Add salt, pepper, laurel;
- Pour the fermented squirrel into water, so that it covers it completely and simmer over low heat for about 20-25 minutes;
- Put tomato puree in the dish and continue stewing for 20 minutes;
- The finished treat is sprinkled with sugar and stirred..
Excellent garnish ready! Enjoy your meal!
In the German cuisine, stewed cabbage stew occupies one of the leading places of traditional dishes. German sausages, various types of meat, as well as possible complements sweet and sour cabbage.
Of course, many people refuse to cook it because of the specific smell, but this problem quickly disappears, as it smells only during cooking..
To prepare the dish you need:
- About a kilogram of sauerkraut with cranberries;
- 50 gr. pork or lamb fat;
- 2 blue onions;
- 100 gr. fresh apple juice;
- 5 pieces. blue plums or cherry plums;
- About 50 grams. juniper fruits;
- 1 small sweet apple.
- Spices and salt to your liking.
All cooking will take you at least 1 hour..
Calories in 100 grams of finished cabbage 120 kcal.
In a skillet with high sides to heat the fat, cut from the carcass of pork, or lamb. Put prepared cabbage into ready lard. Peel, wash and chop onions.
Remove bones from the plums, release the flesh from the skin, pass through a sieve. Grate grated apple for Korean carrot. To the cabbage add all the berries and fruits, onion and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Pour out the fresh juice and continue stewing until the cabbage is medium soft (it should not spill over). Remove the dish from the heat and allow it to cool..
Add the rest of the cabbage to the cold dish and mix everything thoroughly. Salad and season with spices as needed.
You have never eaten such a delicious stewed sauerkraut. Be sure to note the recipe..
Cooking with sausage in a slow cooker
Everyone knows the recipes for stewed sauerkraut in combination with sausages. However, not everyone knows that if you cook it in a slow cooker, the dish will turn out with a new, more expressive taste. In short, you need to try it..
- A kilogram of sauerkraut;
- 6 cream (you can and others) sausages;
- 2 onions;
- 60 grams of sunflower oil;
- A little dill and parsley;
- Salt and various spices to your liking.
The whole cooking will take about 50 minutes..
Calorie – 180 kcal.
First you need to remove the excess acid from the cabbage. To do this, rinse with cold water. In a cast iron skillet, slightly fry the sausages and put them in a multi-cooker, send the cabbage there.
Onion cut into cubes and add to the bowl with the contents. The unit to turn on baking mode for 20 minutes.
Open the lid of the slow cooker, salt the dish, season with spices and continue cooking, but already on the quenching program for another 20 minutes. The finished dish can be chopped with chopped greens and can be served to the household to the table.
Eat on health!
Sauerkraut stewed with meat
A hearty and healthy dish will be stewed sour cabbage allied with meat. She cooks much faster raw, and her sourness is the best complement to the taste of meat. There is nothing easier than cooking this dish, and the result will exceed all expectations..
We will need:
- Sour barrel cabbage – about a kilogram;
- 500 gr. bold pork;
- 50 gr. oils of any vegetable;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of ketchup and kebabs;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- Various spices (based on preferences);
- 1 leaf of laurel:
- Dill, parsley;
- 5 gr. sugar sand;
- 150 gr. water;
- Salt at discretion.
The time that will have to spend on the culinary process – 1 hour 20 minutes.
Calories – 260 kcal.
You should start with soaking cabbage. It usually has an overly sour or salty taste. After soaking, squeeze it thoroughly in order to remove excess liquid.
Rinse the meat and dry on a paper towel, then cut into medium sticks. Cast iron cauldron to put on fire and pour oil into it.
Add pork to the hot oil, season with pepper and other spices, bring to half-cooked over low heat. Onions chop. Add to the meat and continue cooking with the lid closed for about 15 minutes.
Mix cabbage with meat and pour diluted ketchup with water to the kebab. Continue quenching with stirring for about 25 minutes..
10 minutes before full readiness to open the lid, add garlic, chopped greens, lavrushka, wait for the evaporation of the liquid. Sprinkle ready garnish with granulated sugar and mix.
The perfect dinner for the family is ready. Enjoy your meal!
Yummy with potatoes
For its preparation, you do not need any special culinary skills, and it will take very little time..
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 potato tubers;
- 300 gr. sauerkraut;
- 1 onion;
- 1 small carrot;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of any ketchup;
- Dill, parsley;
- 50 gr. vegetable (any, it is possible and olive) oils;
- Pepper, salt to taste.
It will take about 1 hour to cook stewed sauerkraut with potatoes.
Calorie content – 210 kcal.
Onions, carrots clean and chop. Heat oil in a high pan and fry vegetables slightly. Belokochanku soak and squeeze out excess water, add to onions and carrots.
Stir constantly, simmer for 15 minutes. Peel potatoes, wash and cut into strips of medium thickness. Mix it with salt and send it to the contents of the pan along with Lavrushka.
Simmer the dish over low heat until the potatoes are soft. After 20 minutes, add ketchup to the stew, pepper and mix. The dish is ready, it remains only to decorate with greens. Eat on health!
Dish in combination with mushrooms
Surprisingly tasty and hearty dish. This combination of products is ideally suited for filling meatless ducklings, stuffed peppers and as an unforgettable dinner for the whole family. Let’s get started!
- 500 gr. sauerkraut;
- 500 gr. any fresh mushrooms;
- 2 onions;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of tomato puree;
- 100 gr. greasy sour cream;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- On a pinch of salt and ground black pepper;
- 1 small carrot;
- Average bunch of dill.
- 70 gr. vegetable oil.
Cooking will take 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Calorie – about 250 kcal.
Onion clean and chop. Peeled carrots cut into thin or medium sized straws. In a high frying pan, pour sunflower oil and heat. Pour out carrots and onions.
Constantly stirring, bring to a soft and light weight. Mushrooms, coarsely chopped and combine with heat-treated vegetables. Wait for the evaporation of the liquid, season with pepper and salt.
Soak sauerkraut in water, remove excess liquid. Mix the steeped white woman with stewed vegetables, mix everything and add sour cream with tomato puree.
Simmer for half an hour with the lid closed. At the end of cooking in the cabbage add squeezed garlic and chopped greens.
This recipe will appeal to even the inveterate opponents of stewed sauerkraut. Rejoice the household and enjoy the taste!
- If, during cooking, to sprinkle stewed sauerkraut with a “generous” pinch of flour, the dish will turn out to be more delicious and thick;
- A strong acid in a vegetable is neutralized by a spoonful of sugar added at the end of stewing;
- With an unpleasant specific smell of cabbage an rye bread crust is excellent. It must be put in a pan during cooking, and at the end removed;
- More juicy and pleasant to taste is cabbage, if you do not add water to it while stewing;
- Before stewing sour cabbage, it is desirable to soak it in water.
Enjoy your meal!