There is nothing more pleasant than a large piece of cake with a delicious homemade recipe. This old Russian dish to this day is very popular among people, because it is simple to prepare. The success of the cake lies in the flexibility of the products used..
We will look at different recipes, each of which is different in its own way when baking a cake. There will be described the types of dough and toppings, which are ideally combined with cabbage.
|of milk –||0.5 l|
|black pepper –||pinch|
|flour –||600 g|
|butter –||30 g|
|egg –||1 piece|
|dry yeast –||15 g|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 240 Kcal|
This dough stands out for its capricious character, so many housewives do not want to deal with it. It is not necessary to sound the alarm, everything is not so difficult. Everyone can make such a dough, just follow the instructions and everything will turn out.
First, it is better to make the filling, so that the dough does not sag in the process of its preparation. Pour cabbage, carrots on a greased frying pan with frying oil and fry for 5 minutes. After roasting, add water to cover the bottom of the pan and simmer for 20 minutes after boiling. In the course, you can add salt to taste, and a little pepper. The filling is ready to use..
Milk must be heated. It should not be hot, otherwise the yeast will deteriorate. In a small bowl pour milk, sugar, salt, and add a little flour (maximum 100 g).
The resulting dough should be mixed until homogeneous, removing all the lumps. After that, you can cover it with something, and leave it near the stove or battery..
Opara comes about 10 minutes. It is not necessary to strongly retain it, so that the yeast does not lose its properties. After the time, add the egg, butter, flour to the brew and turn it into a homogeneous mass. The dough is ready if it is behind the fingers. It’s time to postpone it for 15 minutes to the same place where the opara stood.
It will gradually grow in size, and this means that you did everything right. Be sure to knead the dough with your hands. When the dough is kneaded by hand, the soul is put into it, and it turns out much better (at least, all the cooks think so).
Divide the dough into a larger and smaller half. Roll out a large half of the dough and place on a greased form. Spread the cabbage filling on top and cover it with a smaller rolled sheet. Fasten the edges of the sheets so that they do not hang from the form. The cake is ready to bake. At a temperature of 180 degrees, it will prepare 30-40 minutes.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in the yeast dough. Try making a yeast and cabbage pie with this recipe, and you will see how tasty and lush it can be..
Kefir dough for cabbage pie
- Teaspoon salt;
- Tablespoon sugar;
- 250 gr. flour;
- 300 gr. kefir;
- 200 gr. margarine;
- A pinch of baking powder or soda;
- One egg;
- Carrots – 2-3 pieces;
- 200-300 gr. cabbage;
- Onion – 1 piece;
- Vegetable oil.
Cooking stuffing. To do this, finely chop the carrots, cabbage and onions. We pour carrots and onions into a preheated pan. We burn them on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. In another pan fry the shredded cabbage.
Add 2 spoons of butter, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar to it, and fry for about 5-6 minutes. After roasting both ingredients combine them. Now the filling is ready and it can be spread on the dough..
Prepare a mixing bowl. For this procedure, you can take a mixer or a whisk. Break one egg into it, adding salt and sugar along the way. When they are well dissolved, kefir and hot margarine are added. When you reach the same color of the dough, add flour and baking powder. All this must be kneaded until it is homogeneous..
Roll out the dough into two equal halves. The first half is placed on the bottom of the form, after which the filling is placed in an even layer. The upper part of the dough can be cut into strips and mesh spread on top of the filling, so that the edges of the strips and the bottom layer are joined.
It will take about 20-30 minutes to complete all the preparations, and 45 minutes to bake. That is why this recipe for dough on kefir is well suited, if time is short, and guests need something to treat in a short time.
Quick batter in mayonnaise
Mayonnaise tart is a treat that you can eat for breakfast, for dinner, and take with you on the road. The advantage of cooking such a product is the speed and the ability to add any savory products. Cabbage pie will be one of the best in this recipe, due to the specifics of the test with a sour taste. Necessary products for baking:
- A pinch of salt;
- 1 spoon of sugar;
- 4 eggs;
- Mayonnaise – 250 gr .;
- Flour – 200 gr .;
- Pinch of soda;
- Cabbage – 400 gr.
Take the cabbage and chop finely grated. After that we spread on the form with parchment. Salt is not necessary. Now you can make dough.
For best results, the entire composition of the products should be warm. This is important because the base is prepared quickly and the oven should be turned on immediately before mixing..
Beat eggs with a mixer, adding mayonnaise, salt, sugar and soda. The mixer should be slow. Flour flour a little bit, so that the dough becomes homogeneous and without lumps..
When it will be the same color, then it can be safely poured on top of the cabbage.
The result will be a liquid consistency, so you need to let it settle for about two minutes. After that, the form can be put in the oven. The average cooking time is about 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
This dish can be eaten every day or used instead of bread. In any case, it is very tasty, try it yourself.!
Sour cream dough for lazy cake with cabbage in a slow cooker
The main feature of the test is sour cream, which will give it a certain sourness. List of ingredients:
- One glass of flour or 250 grams;
- Half a teaspoon of sugar;
- Half a teaspoon of salt;
- A bag of black ground pepper;
- Butter – 100 gr .;
- Vegetable oil – 30 g .;
- Sour cream – 250 g;
- Eggs – 3 pieces;
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp;
- Cabbage – 400 gr .;
- Carrots – 2 pieces;
- Hard cheese – 100 gr.
Prepare a set for the filling, for this, rub cheese and carrots on a fine grater, and cabbage – on a large one. Fry the shredded cabbage in a pan greased with vegetable oil. Roast on medium heat for 5 minutes. After that, add the carrots, and fry until the cabbage becomes a dark golden color. Make sure that the cabbage is not burned. Add salt and pepper to taste..
Prepare all the necessary devices for the test: a bowl for mixing eggs, a water bath, as well as a sieve and whisk. In a small bowl with a whisk, stir the eggs and sour cream (instead of the whisk, you can take a mixer and put it on slow motion).
With the help of a water bath, make the oil liquid, add to the bowl with mixed eggs. Throw in salt and sugar. Before adding flour, it is necessary to sift it well, for this, use a sieve. After cleaning the flour from excess debris and lumps, you can add baking powder to it. Gradually pours the contents into a bowl and mix well. The result is a medium-thick dough..
Place half of the dough in an even layer. Place roasted cabbage and carrots on top, sprinkle hard cheese evenly. After the cheese, fill the filling with the leftover dough..
At this stage, the cake for baking is ready. The only feature of cooking in a slow cooker is poor baking of the top of the product. To make him brown too, it will be enough 20 minutes before the end of the cycle to turn it over. Cooking time of this pie is 90 minutes..
What could be the filling for the cake and how to diversify it
To make your pie with a twist, you can use a variety of products to diversify the filling. Win-win is to add ingredients such as hard cheese, mushrooms, eggs, milk, different types of minced meat and fish to the filling. These are versatile foods that blend well with cabbage, will make the cake even tastier:
- Milk products. If your family has lovers of dairy products, then hard cheese or milk is ideal as an additional component of the filling. You can buy any cheese that you like, and just rub it on top with an even layer on the cabbage. When it melts, it will create an additional flavor layer, and you can say it will somehow resemble a pizza. Milk is used in stewing cabbage, and adds a characteristic flavor, making the cabbage more tender;
- Adding eggs. When you add eggs to the cake, you get a pretty satisfying combination, especially if you serve the cake for breakfast. Such a dish will obviously appeal to your children. To do this, boil the eggs hard and grate them. After that, mix with cabbage. Add greens and a little spices if desired;
- Meat additives. Lovers of meat food can not be discouraged, because cabbage is perfectly combined with meat, liver, and fish. To cook the stuffing with meat, you must take the meat and grind it in a meat grinder. Mix the minced meat with onions, pepper and salt. You can place the stuffing and cabbage in even layers, or you can just mix it;
- Fish and liver. Liver for such purposes, you need to fry a little, along with salt and pepper. After roasting it is combined with cabbage and stewed all together until cooked. For fish, everything is easier, it is cut into small pieces and spread on top. If the fish has bones (not fillets), then the bones must be removed. You can take any kind of your choice. There are even recipes where canned food is used instead of fresh fish. In this, too, there is nothing wrong. Good canned food has a specific flavor that you cannot achieve using fresh fish. Therefore, you can use what you like. It all depends on the taste preferences of a person..
We considered the main ingredients that can be combined with cabbage, but this does not mean that the list is completed. To be honest, the options how to diversify the cake is almost not considered. Every cook or housewife has the right to experiment and invent something new. Just do not mix all the products that you have on hand – it will be a mistake. The dish must have its own unique taste, which will be combined with additional ingredients and create its originality..
- Yeast dough will rise better if you use warm foods;
- If you accidentally overdo the dough, then you can fix it by adding the same amount of dough without salt to it;
- Throwing soda, it is better not to sleep it, because busting soda will ruin the taste of baking completely;
- When you prepare flour, it is useful to sift it several times – this will make it cleaner, and the dough is more pompous;
- If there is a brute force with sugar, then we act in the same way as with brute salt;
- Before working with the dough, the dishes should be washed and be odor-free, so that the dough does not take over;
- For comfortable work with dough, sprinkle flour on the desk or brush with oil;
- The dough will not stick to the hands if they are oiled;
- Kneading should always be done by hand, so the dough will be better and more magnificent. In extreme cases, it can be piled up after the combine;
- The process of rolling with a rolling pin is better to do in one direction, with the same movements, so as not to spoil the structure of the dough.
Cooking a pie with cabbage is an interesting process that allows you to apply your imagination and skills to make a truly tasty and unique dish. Pie can be made from a different type of dough and additional filling, while each will have its own flavor. Try to cook this dish, and it will definitely take one of the first places in your recipe book..