Gravy is a hot sauce served to various side dishes. The gravy differs from ordinary sauces in that its base is juice, which is emitted by meat, mushrooms or vegetables when frying. Also, unlike sauces, the sauce is served not in a sauce-pan, but is poured with a side dish..
|chicken leg –||300 g|
|carrots –||100 g|
|onions –||100 g|
|water or broth –||250-350 ml|
|vegetable oil –||40 ml|
|flour –||60 g|
|salt and spices for chicken –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 111 Kcal|
This is a simple and quick recipe that allows you to add flavor and aroma to any side dish, be it pasta, mashed potatoes, buckwheat, rice or any other cereal.
- Cut off the meat from the chicken leg, cut it into small pieces and send it to a saucepan or frying pan with high sides to fry in vegetable oil;
- When the meat turns red to him send the onion chopped in any usual way, and in 5-7 minutes the carrots. It can be grated or chopped into strips;
- When all the vegetables are ready, sift the flour to them through a small strainer. Uniform dispersion of flour over the surface of the contents of the pan will prevent the formation of lumps;
- Slightly fried flour with vegetables and meat pour hot water or broth. In the second case, the sauce will have a richer taste and rich flavor;
- Salt the contents of the pan (stew-pan), add seasonings, let them boil for a few minutes and serve..
Chicken with Tomato Pasta
Durum wheat pasta benefits the body and can be eaten in moderation even by people trying to lose weight a little.
But to negate all the benefits of this product, can be used with pasta store ketchup and sauces with questionable composition. You can rectify the situation by replacing harmful products from the supermarket with chicken and tomato gravy cooked in your own kitchen.
For her need:
- 300 g chicken fillet or ham;
- 200 g onions;
- 500 grams of tomatoes;
- 50-60 ml of water;
- 40 ml of vegetable oil;
- 10-15 g garlic;
- 30 grams of sugar;
- salt, pepper and herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano) to taste.
The preparation will take, of course, more time than the purchase of ketchup in the store, but in 30-40 minutes it will be possible to get a healthy and tasty sauce to the garnish.
100 g of this gravy will increase the calorie content of pasta by only 85.1 kcal..
Stages of work:
- To add a spicy garlic flavor to the finished dish, you need to fry garlic chopped in small plates in a saucepan or frying pan in vegetable oil (ideally, olive oil);
- When it becomes golden, it must be removed with a skimmer from the oil, and chicken, cut into small pieces, should be fried in garlic oil;
- While the chicken is fried, you should go for the tomatoes. At each place of attachment of the stem, a cross-cut should be made, scalded vegetables with boiling water, peel them and cut into medium cubes;
- After 5-10 minutes, the chicken meat will already be covered with a golden crust, and tomatoes with theirs may not have time to say goodbye, but it does not matter. First, with the meat you need to fry the chopped onions;
- After the onion is the time of prepared tomatoes. They need to put in a pan, mix with the rest of the ingredients, salt and pepper, add sugar and spicy herbs, cover and simmer;
- After 5-10 minutes, open the lid and adjust the thickness of the sauce, add some water, cover again and simmer until ready..
Chicken fillet gravy with sour cream
The chicken fillet has not a pronounced taste, it is almost neutral and therefore it goes well with almost all products. Therefore, fillet with sour cream will have a rich creamy milky taste..
To make this hot sauce, you must take:
- 500 g chicken fillet;
- 150 g onions;
- 200 ml of fat sour cream (from 20% and higher);
- 100 ml of water;
- 40-60 ml of vegetable oil;
- 50-60 grams of butter;
- 90 g of flour;
- 5-10 g dried herbs;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking time will be 40-45 minutes.
The caloric content of this dish per 100 grams will be 187.2 kilocalories.
Algorithm of actions:
- Chicken fillet washed, dried and cut into long thin strips;
- Roll the prepared meat in salt, pepper and mixtures of dry herbs. Let lie a little, then roll in flour and send to the pan with hot vegetable oil;
- When the chicken turns golden on all sides, put onion cut into half-rings and continue frying over high heat;
- After 3-5 minutes, add water and sour cream, mix everything to try on salt and spices, adjust if necessary;
- Then, lastly, add butter, reduce the heat to minimum, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
Chicken Mushroom Sauce
Mushrooms are perfectly combined with chicken and sour cream (cream). This trio has already become a classic, but no less interesting taste can be obtained by replacing sour cream in a sauce with melted cheese.
For such gravy with mushrooms and chicken, you need to take:
- 400-500 g of chicken meat;
- 200 g pickled, fresh or frozen mushrooms;
- 100 g onions;
- 150-100 ml of water;
- 100 g of processed cheese;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt and spices to taste.
Cooking time will largely depend on the mushrooms selected and the refractoriness of the cheese, but will not take more than 40-50 minutes.
The calorie content of this sauce is 120.7 kilocalories per 100 grams.
The sequence of cooking gravy chicken with mushrooms:
- On hot vegetable oil, fry the mushrooms with chopped onions until cooked;
- When the mushrooms are ready, put the chicken meat cut into small pieces in the pan;
- After the chicken has an appetizing golden crust, fill the entire contents of the pan with water. It should completely cover the mushrooms and chicken. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes;
- Then add melted cheese grated on a fine grater, mix everything, salt, add spices, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
The most common failure in the preparation of gravy are lumps of flour, which is used as a thickener. So that it does not happen that instead of improving the dish, the flour spoiled it, you can dissolve it first in a little water or broth..
In addition to flour, corn starch will help to make the sauce thicker. The approximate amount of thickener you need to take for 1 liter of liquid (broth, water, milk or cream) is 1.5 tablespoons.
As for seasoning, chicken is good “friends”, not only black ground pepper, but also curry, dried garlic, basil, rosemary and oregano.