During the existence of this dish, its composition and method of preparation have changed in various ways. Today we have at our disposal a classic bigus recipe, a vegetarian recipe, a bigus with rice, sausages and many other options. Only one thing remains unchanged – the heartiness and incredible taste of the dish..
|cabbage fresh and sour –||300 g|
|beef tenderloin –||0.4 kg|
|bulb bulb –||1 PC.|
|set of smoked meats –||0.3 kg|
|lard –||2 tbsp. l.|
|tomatoes in their own juice –||2 tbsp. l.|
|salt and spices –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 50 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 90 Kcal|
Initially, Bigus prepared in large quantities and froze for the week ahead, because women could not always find time to cook it. But today, the slow cooker takes all the trouble and pleases your loved ones with such lunch or dinner more often..
- Wash the beef, remove the pieces of fat and film and cut into thin strips;
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings;
- Smoked meats can be taken different: brisket, smoked sausages, ham. All meat products cut into the same cubes or rings;
- Crumble fresh cabbage into thin strips, and pickle sour in a bowl;
- Transfer the slow cooker to frying mode and melt lard in it;
- Lightly brown the beef for a few minutes and then pour the smoked onions to it;
- Add tomatoes when the onion gets a light shade;
- Fry all 20 minutes;
- On the extinguishing mode or an alternative variant for the multi-cooker that does not have the extinguishing mode, add cabbage to the bowl and cover with a lid;
- Simmer for 15 minutes;
- As soon as the signal sounds – try and add spices to taste. Stir and serve..
Bigus with pork and rice in a slow cooker
This recipe is different from the classic: it includes more fatty pork and rice, which makes the dish much more full-bodied and more nutritious than the classic one. But it’s just as tasty, so it’s definitely worth cooking.
- pork – ½ kg;
- bulb and carrot;
- olive oil – 30 ml;
- fermented cabbage – 1.5 tbsp .;
- Fresh cabbage –250 gr;
- rice for pilaf – 2/3 st .;
- garlic cloves – 2 pcs .;
- water – 250 ml;
- salt – ½ tsp;
- laurel and peppercorns – optional.
Elapsed time: 1 hour.
- Meat cut into portions and redden in olive oil in a slow cooker (“Frying” mode) for 7 minutes;
- While frying the meat, it must be regularly stirred so that it is evenly roasted;
- Peel and wash the vegetables, chop the onions into cubes and chop the carrots into strips;
- Throw all the vegetables in a slow cooker and fry for another 7 minutes;
- Wash rice with running water;
- When the program “Frying” is completed – pour rice with meat with vegetables and continue the program for 5 minutes;
- Cook cabbage, pre-fermented, and allow it to drain. You can additionally wash and squeeze;
- Mix chopped fresh cabbage with sauerkraut;
- Add cabbage to the slow cooker after the completion of the “Frying” mode;
- Salt bigus and add all the spices;
- Set the “Soup” mode and let the biggus boil;
- After boiling, transfer to the mode of “quenching” and let the dish stew for half an hour;
- After the signal, give the dish infusion either on the heating mode or on the “Baking” mode.
Bigus with sausages in the unit Redmond
If there is no meat in the refrigerator, but there are sausages, then the bigus will be! After all, there is an alternative and economical recipe, and most importantly, a quick Redmond with a slow cooker!
- cabbage – 0.5 kg;
- carrots – 0.2 kg;
- Smoked or boiled sausages – 5 pcs .;
- tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l;
- sunflower oil – 3 tbsp. l;
- Lavrushka – 2 pcs .;
- water – ½ st .;
- a pinch of salt and ground pepper;
- bunch of fresh dill.
Time Spent: 45 minutes.
- All products are prepared in advance;
- Chop the cabbage into strips;
- In the “Frying” mode, heat the oil in the multicooker bowl and fry the cabbage on it for 10 minutes;
- Shred carrots on a special shredder, and chop the onion as desired;
- After the end of the program, add carrots with onions to cabbage and extend the program for 8 minutes;
- Pour water into the bowl and add spices;
- Switch the device to the “Quenching” mode and set the timer for 20 minutes;
- Sausages cut into rings;
- Add them and tomato paste to the slow cooker and simmer;
- 5 minutes before the signal, add finely chopped dill to the bigus;
- Serve bigus hot with cereal or potatoes.
Bigra sauerkraut with chicken
Dietary version of cabbage with simple chicken. This variant of bigus is very economical and tasty. You can use both chicken fillet and any other part of the chicken..
- chicken – 450 gr;
- Fresh cabbage – ½ kg;
- onions – 2 pcs. medium;
- tomato paste – 70 gr;
- sauerkraut – 2 tbsp .;
- carrot – 3 pcs .;
- broth – 1.5 tbsp .;
- oil – 50 g;
- garlic powder – 1 tsp;
- bunch of parsley;
Required time: 75 minutes.
Calorie: 100 calories.
- Wash chicken fillet and cut into small pieces (2-3 cm). If other parts of the chicken are used, cut the meat from the bone and also cut it;
- Toss the butter into the bowl of the multicooker, melt it on the “Frying” mode and throw the chicken;
- Fry for 5 minutes until everything turns golden;
- Dice onions and carrot straws after 5 minutes;
- Fry everything;
- Mix the pasta with the broth, spice them with spices and pour into the slow cooker with chicken and vegetables;
- Add sauerkraut immediately;
- Fresh cabbage finely chop and sprinkle bigus on top;
- With a wooden or plastic spatula, mix well;
- Cover with a lid, set the program “Quenching” and the timer – 40 minutes;
- Parsley finely chopped, like garlic cloves;
- Throw greens and garlic in bigus after the signal to complete the quenching;
- Cover the slow cooker and allow the bigus to infuse for a few more minutes on the heating mode. Serve hot with a side dish of boiled potatoes.
Recipe for Vegetarians
Vegetable bigus is extremely popular among vegetarians, because it has all the necessary nutrients and vitamins, but there is no meat at all.
- sour cabbage – 250 gr;
- young potatoes – 4 pcs .;
- onions – 2 pcs .;
- carrot – 4 pcs .;
- tomato paste – 10 g;
- water – 1 tbsp .;
- pea pods – 200 gr;
- wild garlic greens;
- oil – 2 tbsp. l;
- spices – to taste;
- parsley – 200 gr.
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Peel all vegetables;
- Peel the potatoes or simply wash them well with a stiff brush. Chop it up;
- Shred bulbs with carrots;
- Rinse sour cabbage under water and squeeze so that it does not let the juice in the dish;
- Set the slow cooker on the “Fry” and pour oil into the bowl;
- Heat the oil for a couple of minutes and throw the onions;
- After a couple of minutes, add carrots to the bowl and fry the vegetables together;
- Put sauerkraut in a bowl and fry until it gets a dark shade;
- Ramson and parsley chop finely and mix;
- By the darkened cabbage lay out the potatoes and spice up all the spices;
- Stir the whole mass until smooth;
- Add to the bowl ramson with dill and pour all the tomato paste mixed with water;
- In the multicooker menu, select the “Extinguishing” mode and set the timer to 40 minutes;
- Cover the appliance with a lid and stew the dish;
- After finishing serve bigus.
Polish and Lithuanian hostesses have long been masterfully preparing a bigus and have their own secrets to help novice hostesses. To bigus in a slow cooker out nutritious and tasty, you can use these tricks:
- Add sauerkraut along with fresh, so that the dish does not go too sour;
- Traditionally, fat pork is used as a meat base, but it can be replaced with chicken, beef, or smoked meats;
- For a vegetarian bigus, it is permissible to add onions, carrots, celery, wild garlic in roasted form with cabbage or before adding it;
- A more nutritious bigus will be if you add mushrooms to it – fresh or pickled;
- Tomato paste is an indispensable ingredient and is always added to the dish. As an alternative, you can take tomatoes, ketchup or other tomato sauce;
- In the multi-cooker, Bigus is cooked on the extinguishing mode with preliminary roasting on the “Frying” or “Baking” mode;
- Instead of water, you can add vegetable or meat broth, tomato juice or sauce;
- As spices, you can use black pepper, Lavrushka, cumin;
- You should not salt the dish too much – due to sauerkraut it will be salty enough;
- It is believed that the bigus should be ripe, so it should not be served immediately, but give a day in a cool place;
- If the dish is not served immediately after cooking, then it should be boiled again;
- You can sour sauerkraut by yourself. It is especially tasty with lingonberries. But you can use the purchase, the main thing is to wash it well before starting;
- Smoked meats give the dish an incredible aroma and taste. You can take ham, smoked bacon, ribs, smoked spicy sausages, etc..
It is rather simple to prepare bigus, the main thing is to take fresh and tasty ingredients. With the help of the multicooker, all the main work is to prepare the vegetables and put them into the device. Technique will do the rest.!