Perlovka – cereal, which is very useful for the human body. It contains many trace elements and vitamins, but because of its specific taste, it is not very often present on the tables. In cooking, porridge is very simple; if cooked correctly, then all family members will appreciate it..
Ideal proportions of cereals and water
During the preparation of pearl barley, first of all, you need to decide for yourself what consistency it should be..
For crumbly cereal, which is best suited as a side dish, it is best to take 1 cup of cereal per 600 milliliters of water. To make it more viscous, you need more fluid – 1000 milliliters.
|pearl barley –||1 cup|
|water –||0.6 liters|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 125 Kcal|
To make porridge tasty and tender, it is very important to choose even grains, without admixture of garbage, dust and other waste..
- Rinse 200 grams of cereal thoroughly several times until the water is clear, pour over the barley with the same amount of water and leave to swell overnight;
- Once again, rinse the prepared grits thoroughly and pour them into a saucepan with boiling water, into which it is necessary to put a piece of butter;
- Boil the porridge under the lid for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, and at the very end add salt to taste and some more oil.
The dish prepared according to this recipe is very tasty, and it can be supplemented with fresh vegetables – tomatoes, cucumbers, Bulgarian pepper.
How to cook the cereal without soaking
So that each person can enjoy the taste of pearl barley, you need to be able to cook it properly. If there is absolutely no time for soaking the cereal, you can cook it without this preliminary process..
- croup – 400 grams;
- water – 1 liter;
Cooking time: 90 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 127 kcal.
Cooking barley porridge without soaking takes a little longer than usual, but it doesn’t lose its taste.
- Wash the grits thoroughly several times, pour water over it and put the saucepan on high heat;
- Cook for 45-65 minutes, stirring constantly, until the porridge is fully cooked;
- Add salt and oil to taste, remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Barley can be tasty, despite the fact that many do not like it. If you add mushrooms, canned meat or other ingredients, you can achieve a new and unusual taste..
Other cooking methods
Cooking barley as a side dish can be different. For this purpose, not only pans with a thick bottom are used, but also an oven and other various devices. Before cooking porridge is best soaked..
|In bags||Microwave||Oven||Multicooker||Pressure cooker|
|Pour water into a saucepan, boil it, add salt and put the bags of cereal. Cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Sachets to get, uncover and put porridge from them on a plate, add butter.||180 grams of pearl barley take 320 milliliters of water. Cook for 30 minutes at 400 W.||Boil water on the stove, add salt, barley, bring to a boil. Put in the oven, heated to 150 degrees for half an hour, then raise the temperature to 220 and cook another 1 hour.||Grease the container thoroughly with oil, pour the grits, add water, salt. Cook in porridge mode 60 minutes.||Put all the ingredients in a container and set the mode of “porridge” for 30 minutes. Another 20 minutes to simmer in heating mode.|
The easiest way to prepare barley bags. Such croup does not need pre-treatment, soaking, and cooks quickly. In addition, the process of cooking is very simple, because stirring the porridge is not necessary and it will never burn.
During cooking with the help of devices, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the amount of water and cereal should not be too large for the porridge to fully cook and turn out really tasty and crumbly..
How to steam pearl barley in a thermos
Today, there is a huge variety of various household appliances that make life easier for hostesses. With their help, you can cook delicious food without any worries. For making pearl barley it is not necessary that the porridge boils, it can be poured with boiling water and kept for a few hours a thermos.
- 1 liter of water;
- 200 grams of barley;
Cooking time: 7 hours.
Caloric content per 100 grams: 125 kcal.
To prepare porridge for garnish in a thermos, you must also get a kettle that will allow it to fully prepare.
- Boil water and pour a little in a thermos so that it warms up, then drain;
- Insert a boiler inside the flask, pour out the grits, pour in water and salt, leave for a couple of minutes;
- Turn on the kettle and wait until the water boils, then take it out and screw the thermos lid on;
- Leave everything overnight so that the porridge is ready, and in the morning put it in a plate and add butter.
Barley, cooked in a thermos, turns out to be tender and tasty. Its taste is no different from the one that was cooked in a saucepan or microwave..
Recipe for making porridge with milk
Pearl barley porridge can be cooked not only in water, but also in milk. If you cook it properly, it will not only be useful, but also tasty. This croup is loved not by a very large number of people, because of its special, specific taste..
- milk – 2 glasses;
- 200 grams of barley;
- butter – 30 grams.
Cooking time: 6 hours
Caloric content per 100 grams: 145 kcal.
Before preparing any cereal, it is necessary to carefully sort and remove garbage, spoiled grains, and then rinse under running water..
- The barley is washed and poured on for 12 hours with one liter of cold water, so that the croup will be prepared and turned out crumbly faster;
- Water is drained, still washed with water;
- Milk is poured into a pot with a thick bottom and brought to a boil, then the cereal is added, everything is mixed;
- The pot is rearranged to a water bath, covered with a lid and porridge stewed on a small fire for 6 hours..
After a long preparation, the barley turns out to be extremely tasty. It is simply impossible to boil porridge on milk in the same way as on water, since the milk will constantly rise and the porridge will burn.
What is the best way to serve barley
Pearl barley porridge can be cooked not only for breakfast, but also for lunch, dinner. By adding various additives to it – meat, dried fruits, honey, milk – it can be made more tender and unusual. If children do not like this cereal very much, it is necessary to experiment and fantasize..
For barley, as a garnish, it is best to choose dishes with sauces and gravies. This porridge itself can be dry, therefore it is ideally combined with sour cream sauces, meat, and also goulash. While cooking for porridge, you can add stew, roast mushrooms and vegetables, but it’s all optional and taste.
Perlovka is a very useful porridge, so it is imperative that you prepare it for your relatives and friends. It nourishes the body with useful vitamins, amino acids and other substances that have a beneficial effect on the entire human body..