You can cook such a tasty and micronutrient-rich fish like trout in many different ways. One of these methods is the trout kebab. This dish has a lot of advantages. The kebab from this fish is not only beautiful in taste and looks very appetizing, but also fairly easy to prepare. This delicacy will help to diversify any holiday table and will satisfy every guest..
In cooking kebabs the most important thing is the pickling of red fish. Thanks to the marinade after cooking, it remains tender and juicy. How to pickle trout for kebabs?
Before you marinate the fish, it must be cut. Next you need to cut the trout fillet into cubes with a side of 2-3 cm and put them in a deep bowl. Now you can proceed to the choice of marinade.
- Trout in its own juice. This red fish is very tasty by itself, without adding any products. For this marinade, just salt and pepper the ready-made pieces and leave them to lie down for about half an hour;
- red fish goes well with lemon juice. For such a marinade, in addition to salt and pepper, you need to add to it a few lemon slices;
- trout in spicy marinade. Fish cubes need to pepper, and instead of salt, you can use soy sauce. Next, add to the fish a pair of cloves of finely chopped garlic, the juice of one half of lemon, fresh or dried dill, and a couple of tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil. Next, you need to mix everything gently, without damaging the fish, and give it how to marinate for at least 30 minutes;
- wine marinade for red fish shashlik. To marinate fish in this way, you need to add about 200 ml of a good white wine, salt or soy sauce to the fillet pieces. You can also add a pair of garlic cloves, sliced into thin slices..
It is very important not to overdo the fish in the marinade. Otherwise it will soften too much and will fall apart when frying. The optimum marinating time is half a kilo of fish is 20-30 minutes.
|fresh red fish fillet –||2 kg|
|onion –||3 pcs.|
|lemon –||2 pcs.|
|freshly ground black pepper and spices –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 230 Kcal|
With this method of cooking fish retains not only an appetizing appearance, but also a lot of its beneficial properties..
- Peel the onions and cut into half rings. We shift the chopped onion in a deep bowl and slightly knead it with your hands. Thanks to this onion will give juice;
- Chop the trout fillet into pieces, not more than 3 cm wide. Add the chopped trout to the onion and mix gently;
- Sprinkle the fish and onions with the juice of one lemon. Cut the second lemon into slices and add them to the bowl. Add salt and pepper. Also, if desired, you can spice your trout with your favorite spices for red fish. Cover the bowl with foil and leave to marinate for about 2 hours;
- We spread the pieces of fish on the grill and fry them. To make the trout tender and juicy, the heat needs a small one. It is necessary to turn the grill occasionally to evenly cook the fish. On average, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare. Cooking time depends on the heat of the coal..
How to Marinate and Fry Fish Barbecue
Thanks to the correct marinade and cooking, trout kebab on skewers will be able to compete with pork or chicken kebabs at any picnic.
For cooking you will need:
- trout fillet or steaks – 2 kg;
- lemon – 2 pcs .;
- 4 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil;
- a bunch of fresh dill;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt and other spices to taste.
Cooking time ~ 40-50 min.
Calories per 100 g – 250 kcal.
- To prepare the fish, it must be cleaned of scales and separated from the bones. Next, cut the trout into a large cube and fold the fish in a deep bowl;
- Finely chop the garlic and dill. Send them to the bowl. Add the juice of two lemons, sunflower oil, salt and spices. Mix thoroughly and leave to marinate for about two hours;
- Strung ready-made pieces of trout on a skewer. We leave small gaps between separate pieces. It is important that the fish do not hang down from the skewer, otherwise it may burn;
- We spread the skewers on the barbecue grill prepared in advance. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, turning the skewers from time to time so that the fish is evenly fried. Put the ready shish kebab on a plate and serve with fresh vegetables and greens.
Trout kebabs in the oven
If you want to cook a shish kebab of red fish, but weather conditions do not allow you to go outside, you can cook such a dish in your home oven without leaving home..
For cooking you will need:
- fillet of trout – 1 kg;
- olive or other oil – 2 tbsp.
- spring onions – 2-3 feathers;
- 1 tbsp. bee honey;
- a pair of cloves of garlic;
- lemon – 1 pc .;
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 1 tsp grainy mustard.
Cooking time ~ 1-1.5 hours.
Calories per 100 g – 430 kcal.
- Cut fillet into a cube, with a side of 3-4 cm, and shift to a deep bowl;
- Prepare marinade in the bowl of the blender. To do this, finely chop the onion and garlic and send them to the bowl. Add butter, juice of one lemon, honey, mustard and soy sauce. Piram marinade immersion blender until homogeneous. Next, add the marinade to the prepared fish, cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for about an hour;
- For red fish shashlik in the oven, it is best to use special wooden skewers. Tightly string the prepared pieces on skewers and place them on a baking sheet covered with special baking paper;
- Send the pan to the oven, heated to 220 degrees, for 20 minutes. You can also bake kebabs until they are covered with a golden crust. The finished dish can be decorated with fresh herbs and sesame.
Cooking red fish skewers usually does not require a lot of effort and time. He can even cook a novice in the kitchen. However, for a successful result, you should familiarize yourself in advance with some subtleties and nuances of cooking trout:
- the time of the trout marinating for shish kebab should not exceed two hours. If this time is greatly exceeded, the fish will be too soft and will fall apart;
- products for the marinade should be selected depending on the preparation conditions. For example, if you are marinating fish in nature, you should not use products that can quickly deteriorate. Such as sour cream or mayonnaise;
- If you do not have suitable products for the marinade, make sure in advance that the substitute product is suitable for preparing red fish. For example, olive oil can always be replaced by vegetable. And in no case can lemon juice be replaced with vinegar or citric acid. These products will spoil the structure of the fish, and you will not be able to form a beautiful and appetizing kebab;
- lemon juice also often gives trout an ugly white bloom. To avoid this, you can add lemon, sliced in marinade. Or sprinkle with lemon juice already ready dish;
- it is also worth remembering that fish is cooked much faster than kebab of pork or chicken. Carefully follow the preparation of trout kebab so that it does not burn..
Enjoy your meal!