In the summertime, I want to pamper myself with something tasty and nourishing, barbecue belongs to such dishes. The secret of taste and aroma is marinade. Most often, the meat is marinated in the evening, that is, left for a day, so that after frying the dish is tasty and juicy.
How to Marinate Meat
To date, there are several effective and at the same time not very complicated recipes for preparing the marinade, which can make the main summer dish of pork, chicken and lamb juicy and tasty and ensure its even roasting.
The most common of these are the following types:
- The classic version is using pomegranate juice, onions and spices, which is perfect for pickling various practically any kinds of meat dishes;
- Marinade with the use of mineral water, which finds its use mainly in the preparation of chicken kebabs;
- Spicy marinade with adjika, hot pepper and mayonnaise – will be a great addition to mutton and will remind you of Georgian cuisine..
|pork –||2 kg|
|pomegranate juice –||0.5 liters|
|vegetable oil –||4 tablespoons|
|onions (cut into rings or half rings) –||2 medium heads|
|black pepper, salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 720 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 350 Kcal|
Classics always remain in fashion, because it embodies the methods of mixing products tested for centuries to achieve a full taste experience. A dish prepared according to this recipe will not make you doubt the choice of marinade for one minute..
The method of preparation is quite simple: the meat should be washed with running water, dried with a paper towel and cut into pieces. The size of the pieces should be chosen depending on the use of which means you will use to cook the skewers. If the grill is used according to the plan, then the pieces should not be thick, if skewers are used in the cooking process, then cubes of medium size.
So, rub the prepared meat pieces with salt and pepper, mix in the cup with your hands and add the prepared vegetable oil, after which we mix everything again.
The amount of onions, as well as the method of its grinding, depends on your tastes and preferences. The classic form when cutting onions are rings or half rings. But it is also not forbidden, and grate the onions.
After the onions are mixed with meat, you can pour the future shish kebab with pomegranate juice and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
30 minutes before frying the prepared skewers should be salted and pepper.
Chicken skewers marinated in pomegranate juice
In this recipe, mineral water finds its application, which, when interacting with the meat product, makes it porous, juicy, and pomegranate adds new flavor notes.
- chicken (mainly use the hips) – 2 kg;
- pomegranate juice – 0.5 l;
- mineral water (preferably carbonated) – 0.5 l;
- pepper, salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 10 hours.
Calorie dishes: 180 Kcal / 100 gr.
Chicken thighs, breasts or other parts of the chicken carcass must be thawed, rinsed with water and dried with a paper towel. After that, the chicken pieces filled with mineral water should be left for 1 hour in the refrigerator. During this time they will become softer and more porous..
While the thighs take a bath of mineral water, you can do onions, which in this case is best finely chopped or grated, finely rinsed and peeled onions.
So, after an hour, the mineral water needs to be drained, rub the future shish kebab with salt and pepper (chicken loves salt) and add chopped onion, then mix everything thoroughly and pour with pomegranate juice.
Now we leave our dish in the fridge for the night, and the next day we fry on coals and enjoy the excellent taste of chicken kebab.
Georgian shashlik (lamb)
The basis of Georgian cuisine, as you know, is lamb, which is used in almost every dish. From mutton it turns out juicy, tasty and tender shish kebab. Pomegranate and adjika will help to add variety to the usual marinade recipe..
- lamb – 2 kg;
- onions – 2 medium onions;
- garlic – 1 head;
- adjika (can be used in dry form) – 1 tablespoon;
- soy sauce – 2 tablespoons;
- mayonnaise (optional) – 2 tablespoons;
- pomegranate juice – 0.5 l;
- fresh dill or parsley;
- salt to taste.
Cooking time: 10-12 hours.
Calorie dishes: 350 Kcal / 100 gr.
When the meat is prepared – washed, dried and cut into portions, onions are added to it, which is necessarily cut into thin half-rings or rings, which again depends on the method of frying (grill or skewers). There is also added garlic, which should be finely chopped, grated on grated or passed through the garlic press. In combination with onions, it will give the future a keeness of kebab. Then rub each piece with a mixture of chopped parsley and dill and proceed to the next step..
Adjika mix with mayonnaise and add to meat. It is necessary to focus on the fact that each piece was thoroughly missed with the resulting mixture, almost half the success in cooking lamb shashlik practically depends on it.
We mix pomegranate juice with soy sauce and pour the lamb meat into the mixture, then put it in the fridge for the night and look forward to tomorrow evening to taste the real kebab in Georgian..
Tips and tricks of cooking kebabs with pomegranate juice:
- The amount of time it will take for any meat dish to marinate is 8-12 hours;
- The choice of the main product should be approached very responsibly, the meat should be fresh, since the marinade recipes listed in the article are soft and delicate;
- Pomegranate juice, which is commercially available, will certainly suit, but the best, of course, will be freshly squeezed nectar of ripe pomegranate;
- For marinating, it is best to use glass or plastic dishes, since aluminum containers may come in contact with an acidic medium and release substances harmful to human health;
- When adding vegetable oil, you should use only high-quality oil, olive or sesame oil is best suited.
That’s all the secrets revealed, subject to the recipe and following the above tips, your culinary masterpiece will surprise all participants in the summer dinner.