Strawberry is the first summer berry that appears on home plots, and consequently, on the shelves of markets. You can talk about the taste and beneficial properties of this berry for a very long time, but everyone knows about them so long ago, so the hostesses carefully preserve all kinds of strawberry preparations for the winter.
Of the many types of jams, compotes and jams, strawberry jam with whole berries is the most popular. Children like whole berries that remind them of summer, and housewives like the opportunity to cook fragrant jam in almost 5 minutes..
|strawberries –||1 kg|
|sugar sand –||750 grams|
|lemon –||0.5 pcs.|
|Time for preparing: 1440 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 180 Kcal|
- First you need to prepare the berries. This is a responsible process, the result depends on the correctness of its implementation. Berries need to be washed under running water using a colander. You can not soak strawberries in water or wash them for too long so that they do not get saturated with excess moisture;
- Washed berries spread out in a single layer on a paper towel so that they dry. Then remove all leaves and tails;
- In a bowl with a thick bottom lay out layers of berries, pouring each layer of sugar. Spilled strawberries should be left overnight, so that she runs the juice and squeezes in sugar. This will help the berries remain intact during the cooking process;
- The next day, you can cook the jam. Put a bowl of berries on medium heat and, stirring gently, bring sugar to complete dissolution. Then pour the juice of half a lemon. It will help to keep the beautiful color and make the scent even richer;
- After that, make the fire maximum, bring the contents of the pan to a boil on it, boil for 9 minutes and remove from the stove;
- The next step is to check the readiness and consistency. Pour some jam on the saucer and see how it will behave after cooling. Finished will not spread, if this does not happen, you need to boil it for another 5 minutes and check again. Repeat boiling is necessary until the desired consistency is obtained;
- Allow the prepared jam to cool for about 20 minutes so that all the berries are not on its surface, and then spread them out into warm sterilized jars and close.
Thick strawberry jam with whole berries
Thick strawberry jam is not only an aromatic addition to tea, but also a delicious filling for pies. Its preparation differs from the classic recipe in that something boils up to 3-4 instead of two, or thickeners are used (gelatin, pectin, agar-agar).
Below is a recipe without thickeners. For its preparation, additional inventory is required – four chilled in the freezer of the saucer to check the readiness.
To cook two half-liter jars of thick jam, you need to take the following ingredients:
- 900 grams of strawberries;
- 1 kilogram of sugar;
- half a lemon juice about 30 ml (optional);
- 10 grams of butter.
- Prepare the berries for heat treatment: wash, dry, bust, pour sugar and leave for 8-12 hours;
- Prepared strawberries begin to cook over low heat, and after dissolving the sugar, bring to a boil and boil for 10-15 minutes on strong. At this stage you can add lemon juice;
- Remove the boiled berries from the heat and drop a little syrup onto the cooled saucer. If the syrup does not spread, then the jam is ready. Otherwise, boil again, after it is completely cooled;
- In the process of the last boiling add 10 grams of butter to the jam. Allow the cooked jam to cool slightly, and then spread it over the cans and close.
Delicious strawberry jam with whole berries “Five minutes”
The peculiarity of this jam is that the berries are boiled for five minutes and infused in their own juice for 2-3 days.
At 2.5 liters of jam will need:
- 2 kilograms of strawberries;
- 1 kilogram of sugar.
From the beginning of preparation to rolling jams in jars, it will take 2-3 days, but most of this time will not be occupied by active actions, but by infusion of berries in syrup.
- Pour the prepared strawberries with sugar and leave it overnight so that it is infused in its own juice with sugar;
- The next day, boil the jam: before the sugar dissolves – over low heat, and then boil for 5 minutes on the strong;
- Let the jam cool and brew for 24 hours. So repeat 2-3 times, after which it will be ready.
Whole berries jam with gelatin in a slow cooker
The process of making jam in a slow cooker is not very different from the usual. The only thing you do not need to do is constantly monitor the process. Due to the fact that the jam is cooked under a closed lid, and the moisture does not evaporate, it often turns watery. Using thickeners such as gelatin will help fix this..
For jam in a slow cooker with a gelling composition you will need:
- 1 kilogram of sugar and strawberries;
- ½ multi-glass of water;
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin.
The cooking process in the slow cooker will take 1 hour.
Stages of cooking:
- Rinse berries, sort, fill with sugar and leave for 8 hours to insist. It is better to do it right in the bowl of the multicooker, so as not to mash the berries when shifting;
- Drain part of the syrup to dissolve the gelatin. Add a little water and cook for 1 hour using the “Quenching” option;
- 2 minutes before the end of the program, enter the gelatin diluted in strawberry juice. Strawberry jam ready to cork in hot sterile jars.
It is better to cook jam with whole berries by first testing the recipe on a small amount of strawberries, and then, after taking into account all of your mistakes, to get more volumes..
For jam, you should choose a slightly unripe fruit and in any case not crumpled or overripe, otherwise jam will turn out instead of jam.
During boiling, foam will form on the surface of the saucepan. It is better to collect it, because it will contain bones and villi with berries that will be superfluous in the finished jam..
The berries must stand up covered with sugar, otherwise they will simply crawl during boiling, and the sugar deposited on the bottom will burn. With the same purpose and use dishes with a thick bottom..
In the process of preparing the berries, it is better not to touch or interfere with the jam, and if you do this, then very carefully with a silicone or wooden spatula.